Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wow shane!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Save the Last One' started by Jakobi, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

That was unreal! I did not even see that coming!! I think Shane is losing his mind, or he did it for Rick's son...either way that was CRAZY!!!

2. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

WOW Carl needs to get better soon so he can kill that bastard.

3. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I can't believe that ending man...all I can say is WOW!

4. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Holy crap I loved that! As a comic fan, I really, REALLY appreciate what they did in this episode... to throw us such a completely unexpected shock. The outcome's still the same; hate Shane. Now it's just for a different reason; he's a stone cold killer! WOW!!!

5. Raz Wan

Raz Wan New Member

Hit me with a shock!! Seriously WOW WTF!?

6. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Welcome Raz Wan! Yeah that was best episode thus far just because of the ending.

7. evicfinite

evicfinite New Member

it's totally justified...

they both couldn't survive that, those zombies were definitely about to catch up to them, cmon both of them had a broken leg...
    one of them had to survive and live.

it's just like that saying:
    you don't have to outrun the tiger…..you only have to outrun your friend!

8. AVC

AVC Member

I didn't see that coming either. I was kinda hoping they would find him later, holed up in some storeroom.

But for Shane to sacrifice him like that, that was unbelievable!

I guess he was doing it for Carl, but what a dirty bastard!

9. fire_fighter1985

fire_fighter1985 New Member

Wouldn't yous do the same for someone you loved? lol

10. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller New Member

But why didn't he shoot him in the head? That would be the most human thing to do. Shoot him in the leg and leave him to be eaten alive by the zombies seem quite sadistic...

11. bigjim1967

bigjim1967 New Member

The longer Otis was shouting out and writhing around, the more time Shane had to get away. If he'd have killed him, Shane would be the one they would chase as Otis would be lying lifeless and Shane's hobbling away would attract the walkers more.

I'd have done the same to lardy, it was his fault they were there in the first place, nice one Shane!

12. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Shane is coming unhinged and is one cold son of a bitch.Right or wrong and for all the good intentions Shane had for what he did to Otis, is still cold. He maybe Rick's best friend and claim to be loyal to him but he is in for himself only. Rick needs to watch his back. I believe that when Shane tried to shoot Rick before until Dale caught him and then him banging his best friend's wife as well as trying to play daddy to Carl is all going to come out.I wonder how is going to down play all that?

13. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

When Shane returned to the farm, I thought he abandoned Otis to the walkers. Watching Shane wound Otis so he could escape was really shocking and difficult to justify.

On one hand, Otis was the one who shot Carl, and Carl needed those medical supplies. On the other, Otis was determined to make things right and had refused to leave Shane behind.

#13 Rapscallion, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  14. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I think Shane was convinced that the only way the supplies would get to Carl was for one of them to distract the zombies and make them stop for a meal. When Otis refused to leave Shane, Shane decided that Otis would have to die. Still inexcusable, but I think that was his rationale.

15. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

All I can say is wow, just wow. I did NOT see that coming at all. That kinda changes the game as far as how Michonne will be introduced.

16. Kimiko

Kimiko Member

Those were my thoughts too. To me, what Shane did to Otis was one of the most, if not the most, terrible and disgusting things to can do to someone in the ZA. I can understand the rationale behind it, but I still had to turn away from the screen before the walkers got to Otis. It was an accident what happens to Carl, and Otis didn't deserve to die like this.

I think all, if not the majority, of the walkers would stop at Otis rather then continuing to chase Shane, even if Shane ad shot the poor guy in the head. Or at least but delayed enough for Shane to get a bit of distance.

Weirdly I also agree that throwing this surprise twist in like this (from a comic reader's point of view) will keep the show's audience on their toes.

17. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

In the audio commentary they say the zombies first go after living food when in sight.
    So they would hunt Shane if he killed Otis immediatly.

18. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

I have a hard time believing had Shane shot Otis in the head the zombies would have preferred to go after Shane instead. Remember the hermit from season 3 ep 7? The zombies went straight for him even though he was already dead. I doubt the zombies even know the difference.

#18 Walker Shane, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
  19. Nachtbringer

Nachtbringer Member

Well thats what they sayed.
    Episode 9? What do you mean?

20. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

He meant 7. Hahaha