Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wow, they're really dragging this show out now

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by Rickshair, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    say wha..?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No, I know, I was agreeing with you and then adding my own argument. :)

3. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I enjoy the character development and the calm before the storm parts. But sometimes I've felt that the show or scene was moving slowly, no, rather it was getting no traction. But I'm beginning to think that this feeling is caused by the edits. Some cuts to commercials are just blunt, and not for effect. I'll be curious to see this season on dvd and view what was cut out.
    I think it was mentioned before how after commercials and all there's only about 40 min of show. Maybe that's what I'm noticing? I don't recall feeling things were slowed down when Hershel would discuss things.
    Could it be the editing that gives it this feel?

Oh, and I really really like this season, so I'm not complaining, it's just I noticed this too.

4. Wesker

Wesker Member

Interesting characters and an actual threat. Rewatching seasons 3 and 4 and no one or nothing comes close to the Governor as far as being a complex great character and a definite threat.Even the flu virus was more interesting than the current crew. Instead we get cartoonish new characters like Abrahams group, and other characters who could be interesting like Father Gabriel who are just not explored in any depth. The Terminus villains were dispatched quickly and they were never developed. Morgan is great but we never see him. Instead its our little group wandering around aimlessly, dealing with forgettable characters (the hospital crew) and facing nothing new or interesting. We are 3 episodes in to the second half of season 5 and we have no threat other than dumb easily dispatched walkers..no Neegan..no Whisperers. A hint at "wolves" but they are back in Richmond so..what..play house in Alexandria. Boring.

5. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

I think the wolves was a tease

6. fredrik

fredrik New Member

Its always been very slow and I love it but the last episodes have been to much. Last episode, episode 11 could have played out in 10 minutes instead of a whole episode, I still liked the last episodes though.

#46 fredrik, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  7. Wesker

Wesker Member

Watched Too Far Gone and NOTHING this season compares with the emotional impact of that episode. Rick and the main group haven't been truly threatened since episode one this season. They are just wandering aimlessly. I mean to go all the way to Richmond..with a guy they just met..because he said Beth said she would go with him??? That makes no sense. 2 almost unarmed guys shadow them for days without them knowing in walker infested areas, yet these same 2 guys are spotlessly clean and never had to deal with any of the same walkers plaguing our group? How the hell is that possible. The show is drifting, aimless and boring right now.

8. Benzel

Benzel Member

Can always guarantee a laugh when you open a rickshair thread.

9. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Just because the show's slow, doesn't mean it can't have episodes that are too slow. This episode was fine, imo, but some of the character-centric 4B episodes could've had more story. I feel like the writers think the only way to have character developement is by including 2 characters in an episode. This episode gave Glenn, Michonne, Rick and Aaron a lot of character developement, which proves that hopefully we won't need any more 2-character only episodes. They range from good to bad.

10. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

The first episode was about most of the group being held prisoner by psycho cannibals who slit people's throats and eat them. One of them single-handedly blows up the entire place and the group shoots everyone and escapes. Episode 2 opens with them finding an offbeat priest and one of them getting bitten, captured, and the leg amputated by the surviving cannibals. Episode 3 has the group planning a creative counter attack and that results in them stabbing and beating the cannibals to death. And then there's Beth's death, and Tyreese's death which imo is one of the best episodes in the series. And then meet Aaron and the group realize they want to live again and be in a community. And there's still 5 episodes left. What the hell did you expect?

But then again, I don't know why I'm talking to someone who has a problem with gay guys kissing on tv. Do you feel the same way about girls. Either way, you're still an idiot.

11. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

sharks with frikkin lazers lol

Not action packed, but good storylines. Likke when everyone was happy when it rained except Sasha, Maggie, Daryl and Gabriel. Nails home the state they are in.

12. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Dudes, you can't have action all the time. TWD does have a story to tell.

13. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I keep seeing the words "not action packed".

Did I watch a different episode than everyone else?

14. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Or by just having slow, quiet moments. Character development and slower moments aren't always the same thing. There has to be something of substance within those moments.

15. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Very perceptive. I had not thought about that, but "there's no bluff in Rick at this point" -- on the money!

16. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I think this episode was interesting in part because the last 2 shows were not. The dilemma in this episode that is interesting is that on one hand, this group is desperate for walls and on the other, even walled fortresses like Terminus or Woodbury can be as dangerous as the Road. Even a hospital run by surviving cops is dangerous. At the end of the day, they really did not have any choice other than to take a chance on ASZ, no matter how suspicious and afraid they were. That dilemma is the best of the Walking Dead. Andrew Lincoln's acting was phenomenal.

The second thing about this episode that piqued my interest was the view of the Washington Monument as they approached ASZ. It reminded me of the total loss of civilization caused by the ZA. I want to know what the ASZerian's know about Washington DC. Has it emptied out of walkers migrating for food like Atlanta so that, with adequate care & weapons you can go there? Have they gone to the Pentagon? the White House? Have humans survived on the naval bases with their battle ships, submarines, destroyers, etc. Do the ASZerians know about the Wolves ? How far south have the ASZerians ventured? Have they had radio contact with anyone? Are they ware of the CDC blowing up in Atlanta? Do they know anyone who dies turns if not put down and if they know that how are they protecting the ASZ populace against an internally caused walker massacre like the prison experienced? How did the ASZerians clear route 16 and do they have a work program to clear 23 and beyond? How many people are in the ASZ? Are they (unlike Team Prison) educating the children we heard playing so that these children learn math, physics, medicine, etc? Are they, like Carol, teaching the children to defend themselves? Can Carol handle being around other children again?

We all know, or suspect, that tragedy and loss is coming again to our fair group. But in the meantime, there are so many potential stories to develop, this show could become phenomenal again.

17. FutureApocalyps

Agreed.