Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WOW what an episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Zambi, Feb 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I really enjoyed this one! Never expected that they would have to be rescuing a teen left for dead by his own bandit group.

How about Lori at the end there, getting very specific to Rick about her problems with Shane? It almost seemed like she was trying to manipulate him into running Shane off or killing him.

2. loud2004marquis

I think Lori is doing a fine job in this episode!

Seems like shes just looking out for her family.

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

That is exactly what she was doing, imo! At first she subtly hinted it and then when Rick blew it off she grew more intense with her description but as much as it pains me to say, she is probably right here. I think Shane is going to try and hurt or kill Rick soon. I think Dale was on point with what he said to Andrea. He would be as happy as a pig in shit if Rick and Hershel hadn't returned. I was very happy when Hershel told him to keep his mouth shut!!

4. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

This threw me for a loop as well. I loved it! Will be neat to see where it goes. This whole Shane and Andrea thing could get interesting. Nice deviation to the comic.

Oh, she was trying to manipulate him for sure. Why can't she pull the trigger herself? Oh thats right, she can't even drive a car. Can't wait till they kill off this plot device. I'm done with her. We were rooting for the zombies when she was in the car. Damn they sucked.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

The most funny thing was that Maggie ran to them, when Hershel, poor Hershel, open his armed, she ran pass him and in into arms of Glenn, I bet every fathers experience this kind of "What the ..." moment.
    Another interesting is that there is a woman "Jane" in Dave's group, because one of the guys said "I do not want to back to camp without them, what could I tell Jane", is that Jane Dave's wife or girlfriend? I sense there is some further story in this.
    About what Lori did in this episode, as I said: having a lover like this, who need bitches?

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I really felt this was a weak episode.

The saving points were what happened in the ending: Shane has officially gone insane; he's taking Andrea for the ride, and Lori's trying to get Rick to throw out Shane.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

First let me tell you, when I watch, I miss parts. My middle son is away at Army boot camp, and I have been tasked every Sunday night to write him what happens in the WD which he then reads to his platoon when he gets the chance...so I always rewatch the last weeks episode as well. Last week I missed the Olive Oyle incident so I was so glad to rewatch and catch it. I am sure there are parts of this one I missed while scribbling frantically, but MAN what an exciting episode. Even Lori suprised me. First, she beat a walker with a hub cap. I can't stand the woman but even I have to admit she got a little street cred there. Also, that walker cutting off his own face trying to get to her was pretty wicked! Then...she tells Rick how it is with Shane. I was pretty surprised with her. She usually is not that honest. Second, I was suprised by Hershel basically telling Shane to shut up and color.

All in all, I really enjoyed this episode.

8. loud2004marquis

What about after Shane is gone?

Does anyone really think Lori is going to try to off Rick too?

9. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

HAHA isn't that sad when one of the main characters vs. Zombies you are hoping the zombies win out? Heck, I wasn't even wishing the zombies on that strange injured teen like I was for her. lol

10. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Yep and I bet that kid Randall will be the one to tell it.

11. slw2082

Why did you feel this was a weak episode? Just wondering.

12. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I didn't expect that to happen so quick! I guess they are trying to move those things right along.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

Rick is the man! He earns my great respect for saving that kid. I do not think they should kill this kid, that would be inhumane, but it would also wrong to set him free, as Shane said "what if he found his group and let them to us?" The best choice is, my opinion, after his wound heals, they should keep him in the farm, lock him up at night and warn him that any attempt of escape would let to an instance bullet in his head, in the day, just let him do some manual labor in the farm to earn his own living, this would last until both side could trust each other, then simply absorbs him into the group.

14. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I actually thought Hershel was gonna brain the kid. I like how it turned out though. Showed us that are group still has decent morals as opposed to his own group leaving him for walkers. Was this a sound idea? Probably not, but they did make it out alive.

15. slw2082

I know you said before that you and your sons have your zombie apocolypse plans hashed out and that they would put you in a barn and feed you, but I just wanted to say I think it is very cool that you write this all out to share with your son and his platoon. You are an awesome Mom. Thank you and your son for his service!!

16. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Granted there is more to learn from him, but why do people think he would help the group that left him for dead and turn on those that saved his impaled ass?

17. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Also, from what Hershel said about his leg, he isn't going anywhere without a lot of help. I agree. They should just keep the kid. As soon as he sees the differences in their group (the farm seems a much safer existence) I imagine he'd want to stay.

18. otisplayedguitar

otisplayedguitar New Member

Randall

Do you suspect Randall will blend in as one of the guys, or be an immediate threat? The guys were at least polite before they started shooting into the bar.

The Star-Ledger's recap of the episode was interesting --http://www.nj.com/en...ap_trigger.html

19. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I agree. Not to mention I think that other group was hurting for food and shelter. They admitted to for the most part living out of their cars. The kid just lucked out. Maybe he will be smart enough to figure that out. I guess we will just have to wait until next week. Although...lets face it. Something is going to happen to drive them off the farm.

20. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Thank you! And just between you and me. They wouldn't really put me in the barn. They just say that because I told them too. We all know they'd do as they were raised too. They'd shoot me and do what they had to do.