Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WOW what an episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Zambi, Feb 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. marsyao

marsyao Member

It sounded "Jane" to me, and if you open the subtitle, you also could see it was "Jane"

2. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I was so surprised that princess Lori saved herself instead of waiting for one of her knights - Rick or Shane - to show up. I give her credit for being a little bad ass in the way she killed both walkers. Shane keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper for himself and alienating himself from everyone. How delusional he is to think that Lori felt the same way and creepy to say that "it was a long time coming" them being together.Yes she messed with his head but when one says it's over it's over. Then for him do be all angry and pissed off because she finally stepped up and told her husband about their little sexcapade. If he were a real man and so called best friend and "brother" to Rick he would have long ago stepped up and said that I messed up and had sex with your wife and I'm sorry to Rick. The coward chose not to leaving up to the wife to do so. I loved when Rick comes driving back up to the barn and Shane almost looks a little surprised to see him. And the look White Knight Rick gives Black Knight Shane as if to say - you want to **** with me? I didn't like how Shane tried to sway Andrea that she didn't fit in. She was making her peace with Dale. And of course the end scene with Rick and Lori.She had every right to him how Shane was acting and what he said. But it was the way she said it and her tact about going about it. I love that last image and the look on Rick's face. Damn. Is all I can say.

3. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I feel the same as what you described here. You summed it up very well.

Why would Shane feel that Lori wouldn't tell her husband what happened?

4. marsyao

marsyao Member

That was not exactly right, after Rick was back, Shane did step back, and except that outburst in DCD, he did try his best to accept his fact, and do you remember he tried to leave the group? This changes after he figured out Lori was pregnant and he believed that was his child, and it is very likely he is right. That UN-borne child now is the only he has and only thing mattered to him in this world, and he would do anything to protect this child and no way he will leave now, that was the reason he told Andrea "I should leave with you when I can"
    And in the last episode,the most inappropriate thing, let us assume it was, Shane told Lori was "I did this because I love you, Carl and the baby" and "Before Rick back, what we have is real", "when all go to hell, that was a good time", did he even once ask Lori to leave Rick and go back to him? so I do not understand why the "when one says it's over it's over" rule apply here. A man/woman could love a woman/man when that other person is married as long as he does not harass or stalk that person. Did Shane stalk Lori in the farm?
    What Lori said to Shane is cruel beyond imagination, Shane was basically begging her "I lost you, and I know that,but please do not trash whatever things we used to have".

#64 marsyao, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  5. marsyao

marsyao Member

No, Shane was surprised about "what did you tell him? it's that you thought you just widowed, and in that situation you just need some comfort, and what happened between us was nothing but a serious mistake?" and Lori said "Yes", Shane must be heart-broken

6. Roman'sRevenge

Seriously are you for real? Shane has done nothing but look and leer at Lori making her feel uncomfortable ever since Rick returned to camp. Lori was wearing her ring when she and Shane ****ed in the woods. Shane is delusional as he thinks that a one night stand is meaning - let's continue to play house. Shane heartbroken please. Lori told him as well as Dale what happened between them was a mistake. And he can't grasp that concept.

7. Roman'sRevenge

Shane did try to rape Lori at the CDC confusing wanting sex and forcing sex. Shane has always been around Lori at some point and the way he looks and leers.That is a form of stalking. Believe me I know all about the little subtle ways of stalkers actions. Lori chose to be with her husband Rick. And Shane still wanted to play house and be close to her. The baby might not even be his and could very well be Rick's. And when one says " it is over and the other one insists and doesn't back away from that or get a clue. That is stalking.

8. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Hells yeah! Shane has been boiling rabbits on Lori's campfire ever since Rick got back... unfortunately the not-so-subtle gesture is lost in the zombie apocalypse.

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) essentially told Rick (Andrew Lincoln) to kill Shane (Jon Bernthal) in the closing scene. Has she turned evil in a way?
    Mazzara:
    Yes and no. People are very interested in seeing us develop the characters. What's interesting is when you consider that scene, that character is now developing in a way that is going to surprise everybody, and, to me, that scene is pretty clear-cut. We know that Lori makes foolish decisions. We saw her attempt to take morning-after pills as a birth control method. That's clearly not plausible, but she doesn't know that. So, she is a woman who does exercise poor judgment.
    So, when she drives off now, she's trapped, and we see that she is actually surprisingly adept in this world, that she can single-handedly kill two zombies with her bare hands. Shane's going out to save her, but she doesn't need to be saved. Yet it's Shane's speech to her saying, "You know what we had was real, that you're trying to rewrite history because you're trying to sanitize the truth," that strikes a chord with her because Shane is right. That frightens her and threatens her and it leads her to that whisper in Rick's ear, à la Lady Macbeth. It's very interesting because she is clearly playing one man against the other, and she favors things in both men. She would think the ultimate man for her would be a combination of the two.

10. marsyao

marsyao Member

THR: Lori confronts Shane about Otis' death -- and about Rick apparent death in the hospital at the outbreak’s beginning. Is that something she really believes or is she lashing out?
    Kirkman:
    She definitely has reason to suspect that this was all a ploy on his part to get Rick out of the picture, especially considering how quickly a romantic relationship seemed to develop for them. This is in large part about her guilt, and her guilt over that entire situation. She's going to be lashing out and in a sense blaming Shane for the decisions that she made because it will make her feel better. The audience knows that Shane wasn't lying. A lot of people paint Shane to be this dastardly villain but he's one of the most nuanced characters on the show. It's really a tragic story for him because he really is trying to do good every single time he does something that seems to be crazy and irrational. He is really just a scared individual trying to feel his way through this insane world. He's not handling it as well as Rick, who is a lot more centered and seemingly a lot more prepared. The fact that Rick can go from gunning those guys down in the bar at the end of the previous episode to being compassionate about the guy who is impaled on the spike shows that he really is more prepared for this world. I feel like you should be feeling sorry for Shane more than anything.
    THR: Lori then lies to Shane about their relationship being "the one good thing" for her amid the outbreak. Is she aware how similar they are?
    Kirkman:
    Very much so. Lori is definitely having problems with the fact that she has feelings for Shane. She definitely loves Rick and possibly has stronger feelings for him but this is a guy who very much part of their family before apocalypse and was pretty much all that was left. It's very difficult for her; you can kind of track just how indecisive she's being in all this. She's seemingly with Shane, against Shane, totally in Rick's corner, not really in Rick's corner. She's dealing with quite a bit of conflict here.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-robert-kirkman-triggerfinger-spoilers-292648

11. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Maybe I missed something being a latecomer to the site. Did Shane always have a"thing" for Lori even before ZA, or did she just use her manipulation to get in his head while Rick was "dead" to make Shane think it was more than a fling. She seems to have been pissed at Rick in a early flashback for not yelling at her, does she get off on the arguments between her and Shane?

#71 Zombie Lover, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  12. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

hrm... could be...but I did think he said Tony and Jay but I could have been wrong about the guys name. It could have been Dave. The Jane thing throws me off though. I didn't hear them say anything about anyone named Jane. There were little casting tidbits on the internet about Tony, Dave (Jay to me cause apparently I'm deaf) and Randall, there hasn't been any casting news about a woman named Jane. I guess we will find out next week!... or the week after!

#72 Felicia, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  13. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Well there we go...Jane it is.
    Though I listened to it several times over and I could have sworn they said Jay, not Jane.

14. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I'm still waiting to see. Anyone can post anything they want on Wikipidia. There still are no references to the Jane character anywhere else that I can find, but I haven't done much more than search upcoming cast for Walking Dead so she could be out there somewhere. I guess we will see as the season progresses.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

The only thing we know about the character Jane at this point is her name and she may have some kind of relationship with Dave or Tony, based on personality, Dave is more likely.

#76 marsyao, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  16. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

This pretty much is exactly what I have always thought regarding Shane. Very few here seem to appreciate his character in the show, and it seems to be the result of two primary causes.

The first, and really the only group to be taken seriously, are the folks invested in the story sticking very closely to the comic. I don't follow the comic but there's at least an authenticity, dignity, and integrity in this point of view.

And then there's the other unfortunate group. The swooning mass of tween - or even worse, middle-aged - females who get sloppy just thinking about Rick. Here you will find no dignity. You will only find a wave of incoherent ramblings, reminiscent of shrieking Beatles fans from old Ed Sullivan audio. Their devotion takes the form of disjointed and whining posts, blaming Shane for pretty much all the ills of humanity.

17. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

First off, great answers. Secondly, to answer this question, it would depend on if I was invested in protecting the group I was with and thought these might be bad guys. If I thought they were bad guys that could seriously hurt my group, they'd probably get nothing but lies and/or the big F you from me.

18. The Governor

The Governor Member

I believe so. I remember in the pilot episode when Shane and Rick are talking in the squad car, killing time, Shane has this strange look on his face when he asks how things are with him and Lori. Go back, you'll see what I mean

19. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I believe he has in so many ways. He's leered at her, and sought various occasions to corner her alone for inappropriate discussions with his many attempts to poison the well with her and her husband and innuendos that her husband doesn't protect her but he would and does. And this is all besides the fact that he cornered her alone in the CDC, grabbed her crotch as he tried to force his tongue down her throat. If he did this sort of thing to a woman that didn't want him anymore out in the normal world, she could have him nailed for stalking.