Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WOW what an episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Zambi, Feb 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I actually was feeling sorry for Shane when I saw the way Lori was being with him.

2. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Well, no. I think that there are others. I would think they are the largest majority. Myself included. The people who don't like the way that Shane acts upon the world. I find his unthinking, reactionary approach to be very dangerous, and not conducive to survival. That being said, I think Shane is GREAT for the show. (And Jon Bernthal is fantastic) The character is obviously the way some people would behave. Some as Rick. Which makes good drama and spurs a LOT of debate. Me? I'd probably be Daryl, although not nearly as funny.

3. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

I watch TV with the CC on due to having some hearing loss. It is "Jane" unless the CC is wrong and I have yet to see the CC wrong for TWD.

4. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Duzy, I posted that a few pages back too. CC with this show is very accurate, even down to background noises. Everything spelled correctly, etc. Even the nuances. So I am thinking they go from script. And yes it did say Jane. No big. I'm sure we will find out soon. Probably find out what kind of things Dave was talking about too that his group had done to survive. There is a group much later in the comic series that I am wondering if this is based on. That would be... interesting. :)

5. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Ah yes, the very "special" group of survivors. :hatchet:

I don't see that though from this group. I hope I am wrong. Could be interesting.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

Dave and Tony were obviously aggressor in their encounter with Rick, but you cannot blame their three friend (Randal, Sean and Nate) for “opened fire when it was not necessary”, Rick just told them that their friends were killed in the bar, what else do you expect? Of course Rick also told them “they draw first, they gave me no choice”, but why should they believe a stranger who just admit killing their friend? And even their friends did draw first, does that really matter? “Dude, you killed our two friends, but what? They draw first? Well that is understandable, nice to see you sir, goodbye, have a good day?”
    I also do not understand what is “attempted to ambush Glenn and Hershel”? do you mean they should not shot Glenn and Hershel in a gunfight?
    The only one among those three people did something wrong here is Nate, the dude in the truck, he simply abandoned his friends and fled, when actually there was time to rescue at least one if not both of his friends. Interestingly, one of those three people wanted to leave right after Rick told them he killed Dave and Tony, “They are dead, now let us get out of here”,I believe this was Nate, but another one, I believe that was Sean, the black dude who got shot by Hershel and then eaten by walkers, refused “I am not going back, I am not telling Jane, I am not going back to tell them some a*****e in the bar killed Dave and Tony”. Then again is the question, who is Jane, obviously people care her reaction and feeling about the killing of Dave and Tony, it could be from fear, or it could be from caring, we will see that later.

#86 marsyao, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  7. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

4. Shane Helps no one except Shane when the Pack of Walkers ambush the group on the Highway

Hi I think you are pretty spot on except I think Shane pulled Glen under the truck when the "herd" was on the highway, if that counts for anything.
    Also the "rape" at the CDC what he did was wrong but he was drunk and he did stop I'm sure he could have overpower her if he really wanted. I think he apologized afterwards in a later sceen.

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

How do you other people in that group do not like them? They may have family members in the group, or there are other guys from phily too. And you suggest to have a calm conversation with strangers who just killed your friends in a zombie apocalypse? Wo, I do respect your humanity, but frankly I do not want to be in your group under that situation.

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

Then he must be a super tough guy to survive his childhood. :)

And seriously, when Dave mentioned in the bar "we also have some our own people to looking after", he may refer to Jane.

#89 marsyao, Feb 21, 2012
  10. Maggie

Maggie Member

Not that we haven't beaten this horse to death.... but Lori and Shane....

Once Rick returned, Lori returned to being his wife. She has been consistant with that point. She may want Shane to stay in the group, but she does not want a relationship with him. In my opnion, she really regrets giving into her baser instincts, and probably feels about herself the way most of us on this forum feel (re: how could she be grieving and getting it on in the woods at the same time, etc). She regrets it even more now that Shane is not willing to let her go. She is trying to make up for her mistake by staying true to her husband.

Shane on the other hand.... I was willing to believe that he was the coldcocked bastard victim before this episode. While not accepting the violence at the CDC as acceptable, I was willing to lay the blame on Lori for messing with his head (re; come here, come here; go away go away). I was even willing to say that the possibility of the baby being his is a good enough reason to push a bit.

But two things in this episode changed my mind.

First - he lied to her. Instead of telling her, Lori you have to think of the baby, you can't go into town to save Rick, be reasonable, think of Carl, etc.. He just lied to her to manipulate her into doing what he wanted. If he lied then, what is to say he didn't lie before? (While we the viewers know that he was telling the truth about thinking Rick was dead... SHE doesn't.)

Second - once Rick returned from the dead, Lori broke off whatever thing they had going. And Shane didn't like it one bit. Has not liked it one bit since. On the couch, she tells Shane that she told Rick. And he says, you told Rick what? That you thought you were a widow, that you needed something to feel alive, that the world was going to hell, etc? And she says yes. Her reaction was very clear. She regretted being with him, that it was circumstances, and that it is over. When he tells her that's not true and she knows it. that their relationship was a long time coming. She very clearly denied it. She was not wishy washy about a relationship with him.

As someone else posted on this thread...he's crossing over from angry jilted secret lover to creepy stalker guy. He seriously thinks that if Rick died that Lori, Carl and the baby would be all his again... And now Lori knows it too.

On a different note - I absolutely loved Hershel in this episode. He finally showed flashes of the man he really is. I think not only will you see Rick showing some coldbloodedness, but we'll see Hershel packing some balls as well. The smack down on Shane is jsut the beginning.

#90 Maggie, Feb 21, 2012
  11. marsyao

marsyao Member

The "calm conversation" I refer to was between when Rick told them he killed their friends and the shooting started,

12. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

Excellent episode. The second half of this season is turning out to be much different than I expected. I hope this show runs for twenty seasons!

13. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

2gun, thanks. I think I have to copy that and save it. Funniest description of Shane I've read. Although, I do give him props for beating the crap out of Ed in season 1. I would give him props for going to get the respirator with Otis, except for the fact that he bought it with Otis' life. (and he only did it because it was Carl) Aside from that, he has been a little bit of a whiney douche. :)

14. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Wrong, bro. Just all wrong.

15. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

Just noticed this! YOU ROCK!!!

It's so refreshing to see the true parodox of the situation with "Shane" oppose to the tiresome mantra about "Shane saves everyone" axiom that I have yet to see proven beyond Lori and Carl.

16. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Finally some who gets it and understands. Love this and I need to keep this somewhere. You are awesome and rock!

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

Looks like we now have the answers to your question, Randal is the only survivor of his family, and he is a local, he is familiar with the local area, he even went to the same high school as Maggie, of course in a later grade, the group he joined consisted with people from other area, and this was the reason, plus he obviously know how to use a rifle, why he was one of the backup team that come to look for Dave and Tony.

18. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I may print it out too.

It's time for a new jizz rag.

19. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

A "new jizz rag"? I'm thinking you need to spend less time on the computer and more time meeting people. Real people. Ones that don't come to you in varying degrees of dpi. Very troubling. ;)

20. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

1. Shane's doing what he's been doing sofar.
    He's guarding the campsite, remember there was JUST minutes ago, a walker very close to the camp for the first time ?
    He's maintaining peace and order among the survivors, Remember Ed beating on the women, and Jim trying to work himself to death ?

I very much understand why he's apprehensive about sending out manpower to bring back a butthead like Merle, but he stops arguing when he learns about the guns.
    Also he doesnt really create any drama at this point, Lori does that by starting to chew him out when he wants to discuss the situation.

2. Again he's disagreeing with Rick, but not really causing any drama.
    He seems to think while Ricks idea is good, his is better. But abandoning a group of good people, that he's made effort to protect and organize is just crazy. Especially since his "love interest" and best friend is in that group.

Pointing the gun at Rick is the start of a slippery slope, I'll agree to that.

3. Yeah now he's creating drama, he sees that Ricks call on going to the CDC was wrong and he wants to rub it in.
    He wants Rick to say "Yeah you where right, we should have gone to frot Benning" I do not think he meant to destroy the hope that the world was salvageable for everyone.

I'd call his interactions with Lori sexual harassment rather than attempted rape...But maybe thats just me thinking he's drunk himself stupid be some form of bad excuse. The scene starts out with him hell bent on having that discussion that Lori denied him back at camp, then he gets horny and stupid at the end leading up to that mess.

4. Shane has Glenn covered, the group is spread apart by some distance, there is no way for him to help anyone else.

5 & 6. Rick told him to go back to the group at the highway and keep them calm and reassured wich he does.
    The second day he's thinking of the group as a whole, while Rick is focused only on Sophie. He's not pushing to end the search at that point, hes pushing to search another area on the way back and then regroup for further effort.

7. Killing Otis was immensly stupid considering he also had some medical experience.
    I guess he was paniced due to being wounded and under alot of stress. If it had been truly calculated he would have waited for Otis to squeeze off his last round.
    But the slippery slope just got slippier and slopier.

But just prior to this he is a huge pillar of mental support for Rick, and he's doing that for Rick, Lori and Carl...Not himself, because making Rick break down mentally would be much more beneficial to him if he just wanted to take position as top dog and get back in Lori's pants.

8. Shane's ankle is busted to heck, wich is why he's staying at the farm while everyone is out searching.
    I can't recall him ever saying they should kill Herchel and take his farm. But I have a few episodes I need to rewatch I might be wrong.

9. I agree here, this was another really stupid move on Shanes part.

10. I'm pretty sure there is some reason for that. His ankle might still be busted up or something.
    I need to rewatch some of these episodes as I said.

11. Lori was stupid to go out alone without telling anyone. It was the right idea I think, but the wrong execution.
    He's emotionally invested in Lori so dashing off to go look for her isn't exactly unnatural or anything.

12. Randall may still turn out to be a risk factor.
    I wouldnt be too happy that they brought in a new fella that is a known bandit and just tried to kill them.
    Especially if I only had second hand information about what went down.

Alot it seems.
    I'm not saying Shane's the best guy to ever walk the post-apocalyptic face of the earth...But damn, you're all pissin on him like he's the antichrist or something.

#100 Crazydwarf, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012