Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WTF Made No Sense

Discussion in 'Episode 914 - Scars' started by PepperAnn, Mar 18, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

im still clueless as to why they have the Xs. What was the point? They were branded by kids????? What was up with her True Blood friend. I’m so confused.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Her True Blood friend was not her friend after all, but had gone all evil.

She said something about 'branding your cattle' so I dunno, were they eating people? But yes, they had Xs on their backs because the kids branded them.

Did anyone else notice that Daryl screamed more than Michonne? Little girl...

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. PepperAnn

Meh. All this lead up to the Xes I’m let down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

You brand what you kill.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My guess is that Jocelyn was using this technique to train the kids to be 'brave and strong'. Maybe it is her method to tone down the kids' conscience which is basic nature of a human.

Also, it served her purpose of 'dehumanizing' Michonne and Daryl, ie downgrading them to the level of cattles so that it might make it easier for the kids to kill them later.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

When they had Michonne cornered in the hall (after being branded) Jocelyn told psychokiddie Linus that he knew what to do. Psychokiddie Linus said "we marked our kill, we kill our mark". Since the ones branding Daryl and Michonne were younger than others I am thinking the branding was a sort of rite of passage. A sign that they had graduated from psycho in training status to now Jr. Psycho. Jocelyn also states that others (from Alexandria) might be on their way and this could be why the rest of her "training program" is halted and they try to flee. Perhaps in other instances those branded were freed sans weapons and were hunted, killed and gutted (much like the drawings we saw). I do not think they were cannibals but rather those branded were used in her training/brainwashing the children

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Yeah I saw the clip and thought the same thing lol.

Michonne handled it like a trooper, Daryl sounded like he was a 5yr old and Merle took his toy lol.

But let's not be too hard on him... he's extra sensitive "back" there (pun intended) due to his poppa whipping him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PepperAnn

Dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

They still make more sense than the Whisperers!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

You sound Xasperated. What did you Xpect? A reasonable Xplanation for the scars?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's well known that women have a higher pain threshold than males.

I also thought this was a pretty lacklustre episode. After some good ones with the Whisperers we get this rather useless backstory. Glad I PVR'd it and could skip the commercials. Only wasted 40 minutes instead of an hour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

A woman who is pregnant is all about pain and discomfort. It changes your tolerance.
    A brand is a walk in the park compared to labor.

13. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Jocelyn was Michonne's bestie pre ZA. She even told Daryl how Jocelyn helped her get through her mother's death, called her a real friend. From the time Michonne recognized her at the gate, taking her and the kids into her home, to the girl talks in the kitchen while their kids played together, Michonne was really finding comfort in what she thought was a trusted friend after Rick's loss ,as well reinforcing Carl and Rick's "vision" for the future

I believe Jocelyn used the branding to help desensitize the kids and dehumanize their victims, like others have said. ( you're either the butcher or the cattle kind of mindset?). Now it serves as a permanent visual reminder.

I also think we regular viewers are a little desensitized to what we see at times. Last night's episode was pretty dark. Michonne literally katana'd a group of elementary school aged children. She had to kill her best friend after being blindsided by that level of betrayal. I see a little parallel here to Rick and Shane in that regard. It explains why Michonne is so distrustful of outsiders, but don't feel it really justifies why she would cut Alexandria off completely to the other communities.

As I said in another thread, it's not that I didn't like it, but I felt the episode was out of place - you kinda saw it all coming. You knew Judith would be found, Michonne and Daryl would live, and at least for me, that one of those kids was gonna be put down by Michonne.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blueman

I think the treatment that Daryl and Michonne received also related to the 'lifestyle' of the Jocelyn's group. I remember when Michonne went to retrieve the kids, the kids were hiding in a, sort of, slaughter house. I recall seeing drawings (showing various parts of a cow) on the walls when Michonne etc walked along the dark corridor. Also, I think there were actually slaughtered 'cows' (presumably) hanging in that room where the kids hid. Then, when they were back to Alexandria and had the outdoor dinner, I think I saw one (at least) slaughtered 'cow' hanging upside down in the background. All these seem to suggest that Jocelyn and the kids most likely actually hunted cattle in the wild for food. So, when they captured Michonne and Daryl, they tied them up like what they used to do to hunted cattle.

#14 Blueman, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think they are in a school. The nearby playground equipment, Daryl walking through a room with school desks. And I saw drawings with instructions on how to dress a deer taped to the walls

16. Blueman

The school was the building where Daryl and Michonne were captured. But, I am talking about the building where Jocelyn told Michonne to retreive the kids at the beginning of the episode.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lol at myself....I have flipped through scenes, back and forth that I am a hot mess of confusion

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

As others have said, I think it was a matter of branding their "mark" before killing them. The younger ones branded them the older ones killed them.

19. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

X marks the spot.

20. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I thought it was to be a cross over between TWD and Xmen.

• Funny Funny x 1