Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WWAAAYYY too much

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by Morgotha, Feb 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

c'mon, a whole episode dedicated to Carl's angst and Michonne's deciding she wants to be human again? After the first 15 minutes I was praying for someone else to enter the episode, but sadly, it wasn't to be. I sure hope it picks up next week. This week made me seriously want to barf.

Probably not as bad as Carl did after going from weeks on a lean diet to eating a gallon of pudding, but still barf.

2. Carl Grimes

Carl Grimes Member

I thought it was a great episode.

3. Morgotha

you would...

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Need more Daryl. It was a very good episode with a great ending.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Where the f*ck was that lazy sh*tnugget Denny Ainsworth??

6. RetroBeachParty

This season is all about character development, so in order to really get to know everyone there are a lot of episodes that focus on just a few people. And the comic book issues that this episode was based on are pretty iconic issues, so personally I'm happy that they devoted an entire episode to them, and I think they did an awesome job with it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phantasm

Phantasm Member

I would have liked to see a bit more backstory on Michonne in this episode.

8. Neuropyramidal

Pretty well said, random person I've never heard of before. ;)

9. DaB3asTyr33se

DaB3asTyr33se Member

Do you ever post anything serious bruh or are you always on meth.

It was a hole episode for a guy almost in a coma a whiny bitch kid that causes trouble everything he touches and the most quiet character in the show, besides T-Dog. I already miss Hershel and the Gov, way better characters than Karl Mc****up.

10. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

[MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION]'s humorous ramblings are sometimes well-timed and others random... but they do serve a comical purpose.

Meth? No. I do think his drug of choice was something else. Read a historical thread or two.

11. Morgotha

develop Carl's character? He's a known quantity already. Could have discussed someone else entirely. And Michonne with the dream sequence? Ohhh... terrible. And a half an hour spent to boot.

12. sargentcrunch

sargentcrunch Member

It developed all their characters, those small dialogues help you understand these characters more. I found it really interesting when Carl asked Rick if he remembers Shane, and he said "Every day". It makes you feel like these characters are people, and not just throwaway characters.

13. Foligno

Foligno Member

This episode was a really good one, it won't capture everyone in terms of direct entertainment regarding this episode but it will have an impact on future episodes in a way that I see as a huge plus.

In this episode we got to see Carl's little whiny, snotty, b*tchy, teen baby BS in full gear, to a point where I think it will be 80% behind him. In this episode we got to see Carl take the imaginary reigns and f*ck it up something royal and by the end of it was completely humbled by the fact that he knew he was not ready when he could not shoot his father (Though he killed Lori just fine, though I suppose anyone of us would have done the same).

After this episode I think that Carl and Rick will have a much more steady relationship with both, mainly Rick, recognizing the other's strengths and weaknesses. Rick is grasping that his son has a pretty good shot and is capable of handling himself in certain situations rather than being pushed to the side while the grown ups work. Meanwhile, Carl knows that he is not strong enough physically or mentally to survive alone and now as a more reliant and cooperative relationship with Rick.

To me, it at least has the potential to shove all this passive aggressive tension between Rick and Carl to the side at least for the most part.

14. Foligno

Foligno Member

I am not sure exactly what you expected to be honest, the bad guy is dead and we are now playing the survival/trauma game where we deal with everyone struggle with survival itself and with all their little emotions. Next episode looks like we will get the stories of Glenn/Daryl/Beth on their own as well and I don';t see how people did not see this coming. The way this show goes from Prison to Woodbury to prison to Governor makes it clear that they only focus on so many characters at a time.

We won't be seeing a direct bad guy in this season I am presuming so the rest of this season will be filled with less big conflicts and more smaller ones and much internal conflicts.

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I thought Carl's portrayal of angst was appropriate. Considering what he has been through and his age, I think it is typical. Rick was trying to show Carl that he was a still a kid, despite the "adult" things he did or witnessed, in the first half of S4. This episode just reinforced that notion.

16. Neuropyramidal

How did you know my name was bruh? Seriously, this isn't funny.

17. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

This episode was good. If you're a fan of the show then just enjoy the show. Seems like every one has their own idea of how the show should be run and what they should do rather than just letting the CREATORS of the show run it. I can understand being critical and having an opinion but just enjoy the show ppl

18. RetroBeachParty

Carl is a teenage boy living in the zombie apocalypse so he pretty much has the most room to develop so a lot of time is needed to watch him grow. And I think the Michonne dream sequence was one of the best scenes in the episode. It was a very unique way to introduce a lot of her back story and opens up a lot of doors for character development in future episodes. The dialogue was so well written because almost every single conversation was a way of showing us exactly how these characters are changing.

19. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Me too. I was glad that it wasn't JUST a Carl and Rick episode but I was very glad that they didn't flip back and forth between each and every group. And I suspect we are in for more episodes like this until they all cluster back together...assuming all the groups actually even make it back to each other before the season is up.

20. joshred4

joshred4 Member

I think it's better that they split this into 2 episodes....it would seem too shallow to try and cram all the missing characters into one episode.