Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WWE

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mikey, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Talk about WWE here.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Not really my thing either.

3. WarriorPrincess

WarriorPrincess Well-Known Member

I'm obsessed with the WWE... and CM Punk! I expect [MENTION=1138]slickg[/MENTION] to be here every Monday and Friday night!

4. tyc94

tyc94 Well-Known Member

Never saw the appeal of WWE

5. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

I still need to watch Raw from monday. I'm crazy excited for money in the bank though, Randy's got the win in the bag ;)

6. WarriorPrincess

Of course you know who I hope wins! :)

7. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Punk! He's one of my faves I'd be content with a win from him haha

8. WarriorPrincess

I also wouldn't mind Orton or Sheamus winning.

9. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I've been a fan since the mid 80's. I was one of the millions of kids who said his prayers, stayed in school and took his vitamins because Hulk Hogan said that I should. Then about ten years later, we all found out that the Hulkster was taking "vitamins" but they were A LOT different from the ones that us kids were taking. lolz

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Always wondered how somebody like that good make a daughter like this

#10 AtlantaOverrun, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

btw, when is the WWE going to wake up and smell the coffee and do what they should have done about 4 years ago and turn John Cena into a heel? It would seriously be better for his career and for the fans for that matter. They don't have to keep him as a heel forever. Just for 6 months. Although he'd probably fail at that too. lol

Here's a list of people who love John Cena...

Kids under age 15
    Women between the age of 17 and 21, and 35+

All of the true great performers in WWE history put their time in as a heel.... HHH, The Rock, SCSA, Edge, Jericho, Undertaker, CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, RVD, even Hulk Hogan. And don't tell me that Cena did it too because that occured for a very brief stint before he became the megastar that he is now. Have him turn heel and shock the world. Do something that's not so predictable for a change WWE!

#11 Jama, Jul 5, 2013
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

She got her looks from her mom obviously. Also, you gotta remember that he didn't always look like the haggered old coot that he is today.

13. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Yes, best thread ever.

This will be a disappointment for Randy's fans but it looks like they are still punishing him after the suspension he got last year after violating WWE's wellness policy. IMO They won't put him in the main event picture again anytime soon. I'm still rooting for CM Punk but I think Daniel Bryan's going to win.

14. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Damn, that's not what I want to hear! Thankfully a bunch of my faves are involved so I'll likely be happy with the result :)

15. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

I think they should just turn Randy heel again. He can turn over a new leaf and doing some awesome work again instead of constantly losing No.1 Contender matches and being The Shield's favorite toy.

16. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Agreed!

17. adrenalineknife

adrenalineknife Well-Known Member

I used to watch it some much a few years ago, I loved the old divas like Maria, Mickie James etc the new ones just aren't the same! But my favourite current wrestler is CM Punk

18. Superman

Superman Well-Known Member

My name is G and I have been a huge fan of Pro Wrestling since I was 6 years old. I was a huge fan of the Legion of Doom and The Undertaker when I was little. I also watched WCW or NWA as it was called back them. My favorite there was Sting and the Steiner Brothers. Advancing to the Attitude Era I became an even bigger fan and greatly enjoyed flipping back and forth between WCW and the WWF during the Monday Night Wars. I attended quite a few WWF Raw's, House Shows, etc. in Chicago. I even sat in the front row a couple times at House Shows...never could score them for Raw or Main Event.

My favorite during the attitude era was Stone Cold Steve Austin followed by The Rock. I was a huge nWo fan in WCW and found that storyline to be one of the best ever (when it started anyways).

I'm not that happy with the way things are currently going with kid friendly wrestling but I get what they are doing I guess. I can't stand John Cena's character but I think he is a great guy in real life due to all of the Make a Wish foundation charity work he does. My favorite current grappler is by far CM Punk. I also like Randy Orton and Mark Henry.

[​IMG]

#18 Superman, Jul 5, 2013
  19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

@slickg

Dude, I've been meaning to talk sports entertainment with you for about two months now, but I keep forgetting to do so because there's so many other things we talk about. lol.

Anyway... I'm not happy with the direction that the WWE is going in either. It was the superstars, storylines and "adult content" that literally saved them from extinction and now they want to turn their back on that business model. Whatever! The only wrestlers I even give a shit about now, are CM Punk and Daniel Bryan because they are well rounded and talented on the mic and in the ring. I really like Dean Ambrose as an up and comer, and I will always support whomever they have going up against John Cena.

But I am not thrilled at all with direction they go in with many superstars... Del Rio, boring. Shaemus, boring. Orton, boring. Big Show, boring. It all becoming boring and predictable. And that's a shame because it doesn't have to be like that. That's some of the reason why I like The Shield, their storyline mixed things up a bit.

The least they could do, is throw adults a bone and have RAW be more adult themed and have the other programs be geared more toward kids. Smackdown can be the middle ground for both. I don't know.

It just makes me mad because I am the one who buys their merchandise for my kids and I am the one who buys their tickets. Not my kids! I always record the shows and then watch, so if there's something that's not so kid friendly that occurs, I'd tell my kids to close their eyes or whatever. That's not going to stop them from wanting me to buy them a WWE championship belt for Christmas. They really need to wake up with their business model.

This is exactly what happened to the WWE back when they were WWF in the early 90s. They catered to kids (like me and you) in the 80's and then those kids GREW UP in the mid 90's and we thought "pro wrestling" was stupid. Then WCW came along with the NWO and Hulk Hogan turning heel. We got interested again. Then we got more interested with WWE's storylines. The Monday Night wars were epic.

My all time faves... The Rock, HHH, Stone Cold, Goldberg, Chris Jericho, Sting, CM Punk, Edge. Chris Jericho had probably the best WWE debut of all time.

#19 Jama, Jul 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Willzy123

Willzy123 Well-Known Member

WWE was only good from 1997-2007 IMO. 2008 onwards (PG era) just sucks...

This is why PG era sucks, because it doesnt have anymore of this:

[video=youtube;AkyFCEGB4ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkyFCEGB4ug[/video]