Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WWE

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mikey, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Just got the Network a few days ago. I've been watching my man Edge and his awesome moments!

2. Roray

Roray Member

Edge was one of my all time favorites, great stuff!

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Aj lee and cm punk are engaged

4. PlymouthDW

PlymouthDW Member

Kind of off-topic from the current Wrestlemania 30 talk going on in here, but I just recently was going through some older WWF stuff and found Mankind's old, eerie piano exit theme. I remembered how Mankind started out as that downright disturbing, insane character with the brown shirt and the glove that only covered his middle and ring finger, along with the "Schizophrenic" theme. Then, he became a goofy, cheery character with the shirt and tie, Mr. Socko, and the "Wreck" theme.

I'm genuinely curious; who thought was the better version of Mankind? They were extremely different, and there might as well have been four faces of Foley. I've heard (possibly untrue) rumours that Foley actually started doing Dude Love and such because he was suffering depression from the darkness of the original Mankind character.

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Now I'm just worried about how the Network will handle the stream of Wrestlemania. It'll be flawless, I hope.

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I wish WWE would do stuff like this more often: [​IMG]

I don't really like the kid-friendly, PG era.

7. PlymouthDW

PlymouthDW Member

8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rock and Stone Cold are rumored to be on the show in some sort, maybe promos? Or a run-in

9. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Stone Cold is confirmed to be on the show. He will get a huge pop when the glass shatters. He even predicted that CM Punk will return (I'm holding on to false hope)!

As for The Rock, he was in New Orleans last night for the ceremony and will most likely be on the show in some way. He'd be more likely to just cut a promo.

All of this is just adding to the excitement of the show.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

it's also now or never for this guy. Either tonight or tomorrow
    [​IMG]

11. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I didn't pay for these quality problems.

12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

So that happened.....

13. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

WOW.

14. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

It only happened because taker wanted it to happen

15. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Must've. No other reason.

My reaction: View attachment 17712

16. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

He'll say he has nothing left tomorrow night, and then sting comes out

17. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I don't know, I really think Taker is done.

18. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Fans are eventually going to grow tired of Bryan. It's just a natural process.

Meanwhile, Brock vs. Bryan must be in the making. That's what's best for business.

19. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

MY REVIEW OF WRESTLEMANIA:

Really good show. The intro was just plain awesome. I kind of expected Hogan to do more since he was the host of the show, but seeing Rock, SCSA, and Hogan all in the ring was really spectacular. Now I have to wonder if the Rock will leave again.

HHH vs. Bryan was a very good match. The result was not exactly what I was wishing for, but the match kept me on the edge of my couch for a while.

Kane and NAO vs. The Shield has nothing really for me to say. Super quick match, didn't have the opportunity to get into it at all.

Battle Royal- Don't really dig the idea of it, but at least it got some superstars on the show and at least Cesaro is getting a push. Fandango also got a pretty nice reaction. :Grin:

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt- I was extremely excited for this match since the build up was so awesome. I was rooting hard for Wyatt, and unfortunately Cena took out that shovel of his. This match had the possibilty to make or break the career of Wyatt. So although the outcome wasn't what I had wished for, it was a really good match that had me on the edge of my couch once again.

Undertaker vs. Lesnar- WOW. I couldn't believe it. Everyone in the world thought that would never happen. Shocked, and it'll give Lesnar a lot of heat. The match was a bit slow and it didn't keep me on the edge of my seat (because I never would've thought of Lesnar winning), but another good match. Solid show so far.

Diva match- Ehh, when is AJ going to ever lose that title?

Main Event- This is one that I did not really dig. Me, being a Daniel Bryan hater, so I was rooting for Batista to win or for Orton to retain. Had to figure that HHH would somehow get involved, but that was just a shaky process. He left right away. Then, I thought we were seeing some teamwork to get rid of the troll, but that wasn't exactly true either. When Bryan was resurrected, they should've just teamed up to put him away once again. And wasn't his shoulder supposed to be hurt?

So, finally, it was a great show, bur the outcomes were completely opposite from what I wished for.

This is a long post.

20. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not saying Daniel Bryan is amazeballs, but he's definitely more interesting than Batista (who's having trouble keeping up) and Orton, whom I don't care about as a performer or on the mic. And at least DB is there every week. I think the only reason I'm not rooting for him more is because they've done a fabulous job of burying him every show and PPV up until this and I'm all out of care.

I'm surprised that they killed Taker's streak in a way that benefits no one. They didn't let it happen with HHH or Shawn Michaels, which would have made sense as they're his peers. And they didn't it with someone young that they were looking to push really hard. They did it with Brock Lesnar, who's not there every week and doesn't really gain anything from this win. It took all the energy out of the crowd and and taker looked like he walked away from that with a pretty bad and real concussion.

#1240 HarleyQuinn, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014