Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Yes you go Eugene!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by 8307c4, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Eugene isn't stupid. If he escaped Negan would come looking for him and kill him. It's really simple. It was smarter for him to stay and work on his plan than escape and get killed in Alexandria.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

If you ask me he was pretty generous in not reporting the two right away, he obviously still feels for them and wasn't going to turn them in... This time, next time who knows...

Yes, there exists that slim possibility that to Eugene it's all a game, but somehow I think the shoe really fits him. Of course we will see in time who is wrong and I certainly am not hoping to be right, it would be cool if this was the most devilish plot Eugene ever thought of, I have to admit that would be ueber admirable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Eugene is feeling appreciated at the sanctuary. He is in a position of power for the first time in his life. People listen to him. It probably feels good. He isn't going to give that up until he realizes the hard way that only one person has any real power at the sanctuary

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Eugene does have a plan to secretly destroy the saviors. How else is he going to win over

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I've been of the opinion that Eugene cooperating was all part of a master plan but now I'm not so sure. If it was, why didn't he say something to the effect of, "get outta here, I'm handling this from the inside" to the women?

I don't think he'd necessarily run and tattle on his "rescuers" but I'm beginning to believe he's letting his new position go to his head. He might reconsider if the Saviors kill Sasha gruesomely, especially if he thinks they actually were there to rescue him, but right now he could really be "Negan" in his mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I don't think it started out as a game for Eugene. It was originally fear that Negan would do to him what he had done to others. He had no real choice but to play along, or end up in a cell like Daryl where he'd quickly break anyway.

Eugene isn't going to forget what happened to Abe, or even Glenn for that matter. He spent time with their group for awhile too. He'll turn on Negan but when the time is right. That will be at a point in All Out War, not for Rosita's stupid mission.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I am with those that think that Eugene is taking advantage of his new found role. Just prior to being taken to the Compound, he witnessed Abe and Glenn being bashed in the head with the bat that is always with Negan when he sees him - constant reminder. Then he sees Spencer gutted and Olivia shot. The fear was evident when he got there. There was genuine disbelief when he realized he was more guest then prisoner. It was again cemented when dropping his name and position to get the cold pills that he finally had some importance. Eugene was all about survival. Knowing he physically could not make it on his own, and seeing how easily Negan bought his lie about being a scientist/dr., of course he would exploit it and milk it for all its worth. I do not think right now he is plotting to kill Negan. He could have done that by giving those wives the poison pills, but he didn't because he realizes his BEST chance at survival right now is to ride on the coattails of the person he feels is the strongest right now in the ZA. And that is obviously Negan. He has no clue that Rick is gearing to go to war, when he was taken, all he saw was a broken and subservient Rick who did nothing to save Spencer and Olivia and could not save Abe or Glenn. Eugene is smart and he's siding with Survival. I do agree though that maybe seeing Sasha executed will give him that 'push' to be brave again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Quite possible, though actually implausible if the show is going to present him like this, given the progress of his character.

It would be plausible if Negan hadn't done what he did, if he was just another leader trying to survive and having the best options so far.
    But Negan killed his friend, Abe, who Eugene had bonded with and who was the first one who ever showed true friendship and respect for him even after his lies were revealed.

Eugene knows that Negan is a monster, plus he would be part of the very group that terrorises others (his friends) and kill just for fun.
    He also knows that his life is over the very moment that Eugene pisses Negan off for whatever minor reason, not to mention that he might get enemies within the group who would set him up and sell him off in a blink of an eye just to get an advantage of any sort.

With Negan, one has to watch every step carefully and expect this psycho to either torture or kill when not getting his favourite dessert, so to speak.
    With an unpredictable wacko like Negan, Eugene is aware of the fact that the slightest mistake in his new job can get him killed or have his face burnt. Or have others be killed instead of him.

Not to mention that Negan will use Eugene's knowledge and skills against Alexandria or any other group if necessary.

I would be extremely disappointed if the show was up to characterise Eugene just like that sort of traitor and a**hole. I don't believe that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

On the contrary, i do not think they are trying to portray him as an asshole and traitor and it is BECAUSE of his good friend Abe and his other good friend Glenn had their heads bashed in right in front of him, that Eugene is playing it safe.

If he left with Rosita and Sasha, it is probable knowing that they were searching for Daryl that they would also search for him. You also factor in that they would punish someone at Alexandria for his escape as you mentioned above.

I have to think that before Negan could even finish the "who are you" sentence, Eugene immediately answered with 100% Negan. Showing subservience after coming up with a solution to the walkers on the fence dilemma and already scoring points for that, confirming that he is full on board with him was Eugene telling Negan exactly what he wanted to hear.

The one point that sticks out is that he DIDN'T tell Negan that his wives wanted to kill him so Eugene know what to say and when. I still think he will come through for Team family WHEN the time is right but for now, he knows what side his bread is buttered on and is playing it the only way he knows how. By lying about who and what he is because to date, that is his ONLY skill.

10. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I think he's playing both sides of the fence.

He wants to be at the sanctuary because he has power and it's safe. He'll try to do what he can to help Rick from the inside but if all goes wrong he'll be in Negans good graces and feels he will be spared. If that were to happen I think then he would go full dark side and just align himself with the saviours.

11. Negan-Loyalist

Negan-Loyalist New Member

EUGENE IS SMART!!!

why would he stay with that latina good for nothing vengeful girl who is bound to kill everyone just kuz a guy ****ed her and left her and shes still salty about it...

They treated him with so much disrespect, and even the dirty ugly pig abraham, who rightly and justifiably got slaughtered by King Negan, was abusive towards Eugene.

I hope Eugene becomes the cause of death of Rosita and Sasha, and forever remains a Negan Loyalist.