Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Yes, You Must Rate This!

Discussion in 'Episode 712 - Say Yes' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Rate the plonker!

1. Yesssssss!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. 8

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. 7

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  5. Maybe!!!!!

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  6. 5

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Hmmmm, probably not

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. Nevuh!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it or suffer a wedgie.

2. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

First in before the king snugee

3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Another 8.5 episode me thinks.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It was a fair episode. Not my favorite of the season, and it had a couple of awkwardly filmed scenes, like Michonne jumping in the trunk, but I thought it served its purposes: getting guns, deepening Richonne, and furthering the rogue Rosita/Sasha half baked plot....

I give it an 8.0

5. esmode

esmode New Member

I gave it 2. Most parts of the episode were just meh... :/
    Mostly it seemed like Rick/Michonne-fan service - and as I don't really care about them as a couple, it didn't entertain me.
    The last time they did an episode like this - two people from Alexandria driving around and scavanging - was in 6x10 with Rick and Daryl and that was a fantastic episode because several interesting things happened (they met Jesus, Judith played with her red cups, Carl found Diana und had this great talk with Michonne...).
    In 7x12 they focused too much on Rick and Michonne without any new things happening. The most interesting part of the show was the end when Rosita reached Hilltop and talked to Sasha. (And of course Tara confessing to sweet Judith...)

• Like Like x 1
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I liked it, even the awkward bits.

I am beginning to hate Rosita, however. I don't like people that fixate on something stupid to the exclusion of everything else. And killing Negan at this point is stupid.

7. BlackNoise

BlackNoise Member

4/10

I almost hated this episode. I 100% understand what the writers were trying to do, but it just seemed halfway there. Rick and Michonne, oh how sweet. My problem with that is the same problem I always have with romance in TWD. It just seems so disconnected from what's going on. Did Rick not want to see his kids? Did he not understand the group needed food?

I HATE vacations in this show. Stop trying to forget and have a sense of urgency. I'm a big Tara fan, but her ****ing face is starting to annoy me. Please stop that wounded animal look. I'm glad she finally stepped up, but it came so late and the consequences are exactly what I expected. Why are you so concerned with protecting a group that tried to kill you? Is it that lovely bracelet from your "friend". Are you honestly gonna let your actual friends go risk their lives without at least letting them know there is a place that definitely has a lot of guns? Decide as a group and stop putting people at risk. The lack of communication will always be an issue for me with this show.

Oh Rosita... I can't even begin to explain my annoyance with her. It's like every person in the show has to go through that phase. That stupid blame game is the worst. Does she even know that Eugene being taken is 100% Rosita's fault. Missing Neegan at that range is also her fault. Blame yourself and get over it. Stop walking around mad at everyone.

8. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8.5! Really loved Rick's speech "it's not about us". This was an episode I needed to see. Especially when he mentioned Glenn finally! Loved seeing Michonne and Rick together in this episode too. Their relationship got stronger and I really liked all the moments.
    Getting very tired of Rosita and I bumped it down from it being a 9 because of it since killing Negan like is a dumb plan at this point. I'm tired of her yelling at everybody too.

I like Sasha but I'm super worried about her now.
    Surprised not to see Carl in the episode either. But Judith looked super adorable. I'm glad Tara stepped up and told Rick, however. Oh and I'm disliking Jadis and her greedy self. I feel like the group should've dropped the deal with them. I feel like she toying our group.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I liked the episode. My only problem was Rosita. It's not just the stupid plan to kill Negan but how they have her angry at everyone, even Tara. It feels awkward and out of place how she's just snapping at anyone she sees.

10. OldPalMerle

OldPalMerle Member

8/10

The whole rick and michonne stuff was great. Need some lovie dovie once in a while. Some good scenes with falling through the roof and the walkers at the fare.

11. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

I give it a 7, but kinda wish I'd given it 6.

I'm indifferent to the Rick/Michonne plot, so not much there for me one way or the other.

Things I didn't like.

The CGI deer. Nuff said.

For me, I wish there was more "explanation" of what the complex was about. A lot of dead soldiers, walkers with hands bound, a carnival, etc. I have read some of the posts on here that speculate, and some of them now seem to be possibilities to me, but I really couldn't piece it together during the show.

I am kinda bored with the whole pulling a walker in two/ entrails streaming out shtick.

Rick in a box.

I didn't really get the golfers, what happened.

The whole Rosita speech to Gabriel. To me it boiled down to:

"You told me not to try to kill Negan but I did anyway and shot his bat, so it's your fault Eugene is gone and Olivia is dead. Spencer too, even though Negan had already gutted him. You phoney"

WTF?

Rosita in general, Tara too.

I think I liked it less than I realized.

12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

NEEDS MORE GARBAGE PEOPLE. I am going to totally love it when they completely blow it and prove useless. I still wonder what Rick sees in them. They complain against ever doing any work. In any case, I find them amusing. I wish they kept up the cheese factor more, but oh well.

The stuff with RIck and Michonne was pure filler. It was kinda more entertaining than most filler on the show, so it gets a weak pass.

I hope they get on with having Rosita get herself killed soon. It's an annoying subplot and it is taking too much time.

13. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

One of the worst episodes of the series.

14. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

Not a terrible episode at all. The GPK group only talking like fortune cookies gets old pretty quickly.

I did love the negotiation between Rick and Jadis though - " Twenty guns, and I keep the cat"

It would have been nice to see a little more detail on the carnival though.

15. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I say No. I don't know what it is but not feeling it between R and M. Their was a time long ago I saw a connection but that passed and it has nothing to do with the black white thing, like them both.
    For one, right after they first got them together they acted too distant, now this seemed to push it too much. I mean I am sure that is partly due to the downer of 7a but just like to much negative in that, too much, laughing, sex and carnivals, ect in this for their situation.
    I think RIck worked with Laurie and Jessie because it was a secondary thing, but can't base a whole episode around it.
    Also, even though I think they have made Rosita too bitchy, her and Sasha's part was my favorite. Gave it a 6, my lowest to date. Kind of feels like they are starting to not care what they put out there.

16. calliope

calliope Active Member

I'll give it a 7.

I like Richonne, but I thought some of their time together seemed a bit cheesy. I also thought it was a little arrogant to be deciding that they should be the ones to lead the communities going forward after they take down Negan. I think some of the other communities might have something to say about that.

That being said, I loved Rick sitting up at night, unable to sleep. I think his words to Michonne in the truck were spot on. They will need to find a way to carry on past each other's deaths if that's what happens. Especially considering how badly each of them went off the rails when they did lose those closest to them.

I love how Glenn's presence was infused throughout this episode.

I'm also glad that this was not strictly a bottle episode. As annoying as Rosita is becoming, I think her response is creating some needed tension in the storyline.

And I did like Tara talking it all out with Judith. It's time to come forward, Tara!

17. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: So, Rick and Michonne did a few times. That's why Andy got Rick's swagger back. 6 years without none.

Michonne's been practicing - good

Alright MREs. If they lose all that food or give the shit away. I mean seriously.

That walker with the gun was nicely done. The best part of the episode

Rick and them speeches

Yes, Sasha please take the shot. Man, I ****ing loved the smile on her face when she saw that sniper rifle. "Baby's home". I liked the end of the episode

Cons: Um, Rosita, you used the gun and you just hit the bat. Gabriel's words did not cause your failed assassination attempt

Again, I don't mind if most of the budget goes to the walkers. I love walkers. But, what the hell is up with this cheap looking CGI this season?

I'm getting tired of them just giving all their shit away. I know that was the deal that was made. But, 20 guns out of 63. Rick said a third 2 episodes ago.

They could've at least showed Carl welcoming his parents back home.

Overall, the episode accomplished what it needed to in regards to Rick and Michonne's relationship/partnership. But, at the end of the day it was just a 7.

18. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I gave it a 7. It was good enough, decent. I liked the Richonne bits as I feel its necessary to finally explore that relationship.

I hate Rosita so much, she's so stupid. She stole 2 guns from Rick without telling? That's horrible.

19. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

8.5 from me again
    I liked the richonne scenes it's good to remember that we are dealing with human beings,
    Rick talking about Glenn made me really sad i had tears welling up in my eyes.
    Also when michonne thought she'd lost him.
    The only fly in the cream was Rosita, somebody pls slap some sense into her NOW before she turns on Sasha and sabotages ricks big plan.
    Are we being prepared for the upcoming loss of a main character?

20. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

8/10. As a fan of the series I enjoyed the episode: the fairground setting was totally refreshing - I'd like to see them bring us to a setting like that again, actually. It was also nice to see Rick and Michonne bonding: this episode really showed the human side to both of them. Nice to see Tara have a more prominent role this season. Same goes for Rosita.

My only gripe is that I think the plot needs to get rolling. The general audience don't enjoy the character building episodes as much as the core fans like we on the forums do.