Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

You Can Look at Their Titties

Discussion in 'Episode 707 - Sing Me a Song' started by Terminator, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Not that it matters, but I love every single one of you. Except for you Dee.... that's called Lust.

2. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Love you too. And Dee deserves love,,,,he posted that show me boobies twice because they come in pairs...he's a genius.

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I actually thing the finger was directed at the WASJW (Warriors Against Social Justice Warriors) who took this thread so damn seriously.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

pfft. I would never do that.

5. HondaS2kXD

Really?

6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not following either. Maybe it's the seriosity of the seriousness that should be to blame? Seriously.

7. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I love lust.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

8. HondaS2kXD

Well... usually. But variety is the spice of fap-- er, the spice of life.
    [​IMG]

9. westwingnut

Well, my "WASJW" thing was made up. But if you go back you'll find some rather serious screeds directed at "SJW"s.

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Now I must watch Total Recall. The Arnold Schwarzenegger version. Not the Colin Farrell version.

11. HondaS2kXD

And if you go back you'll find I didn't (and don't, generally speaking because it's a pointless shotgun insult) say SJW a single time. I responded to the OP and then also mentioned a similar[ly ridiculous] complaint Ive seen on other sites about the episode-- but that was 75% just an excuse to use the "shouldn't sugarcoat it" joke.

That being said, I do think they are a cancer.

#71 HondaS2kXD, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  12. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Think this is the whole spice rack!!

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

13. westwingnut

Yeah, I was referring to other posters.

14. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

It's pretty clear that if Negan finds you hot, he will try to get you as a wife. If he doesn't he'll try to recruit you as savior. not sure why this isn't obvious.

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Opentits ftw

16. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

@Ionut, yes, that's true that every group does engage in objectification to some extent. Everyone objectifies at one point or another. I know I've engaged in my share of crude talk.

Although OP is saying now that this thread was an "experiment", chances are there are some viewers out there who took offense to Negan wanting to show Carl the women's "titties".

Exactly on the mark about Lori. She was projecting who she was in her previous life onto Andrea. And Andrea was a career woman -- wasn't she a lawyer? That was definitely sexism and it was occurring between two women. Andrea did grow a lot after what happened at the CDC. I always thought it was interesting how Andrea threw in Lori's face that she was married and yet, messing around with Shane. It's when she mentions how she has her husband, son, and "a boyfriend." I think that's one of the few times where anyone in the group confronted Lori on her infidelity and affair with Shane.

TWD as a PC show would be very boring. I love it's realness. I love how it shows so many different types of people. That's my favorite part about TWD: all these different people of various backgrounds and walks of life coming together to survive as a family and sometimes getting into conflict with others. I always wonder how it would be if certain characters, such as Lori and Dale, had survived--how would the group dynamic be.

I'm not offended by Negan either. I was upset that Abraham and Glenn were killed, but that's the whole point: to have an emotional reaction that he killed two beloved characters in our group. That's right: villains do bad things, and even then, they have their own backstory. You pinpointed the beauty of a villain: make you root against them, get you to react. I don't think Negan is girly in the slightest...but that's just me. ;-)

That's a great point about Shane. He objectified women with the "boobs" comment, but if he was truly sexist: he would've treated the women like they were helpless or mere sex objects. It's interesting that before Lori, Shane did have a history of sleeping around (Rick reminded him of their high school days.) Shane really was torn up over Lori, she may've been the first woman he truly loved. And you're right: someone who is truly sexist won't get emotional about someone of the opposite sex. So in a sense, Shane's reaction to Lori showed he was capable of loving another person, even if he had a difficult time letting her go. I loved how he trained Andrea to shoot a gun, and I think he indirectly influenced Carol.

He is very complex. Yes, Shane357 and me love to analyze and discuss many things---especially Shane Walsh. I wish his character was still around--he'd be doing so much right now with Negan...I'd like to imagine him trying to encourage Rick to get strong again so they can take on the Saviors.

You know what's funny is that 15 years ago...Negan's comment about "titties" and Shane's comment about "boobs"...anything that remotely resembled objectification of women back then seriously bothered me. I've grown to the point where I can accept it and not be offended by it in certain contexts, and also, as you said earlier, everyone does it. Depending on how and why it's done, I let it roll off my back. There are times where it will disturb me though. In TWD, it's part of the characters, it's fiction, it's a show. In real life, if a stranger calls me a "set of boobs" to be demeaning, I'm likely to react strongly to it.

Then again, I make sure to turn off the lights in my apartment, thanks to Shane. ;-)

#76 ShaneFan, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  17. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

It's an experiment the moment he gets called out for posting something stupid.

18. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Just like when people make a lot of assumptions predicting elections and cultural reactions correctly, while others go through life confused.

19. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

This lol

Used to leave the library room{our room full of books} light on if i needed to get a drink and was coming back.

Now I shut it off and turn it on when I come back.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Also it's a discussion forum, you discuss things on here relating to a series you like for fun. Putting out some kind of deflection like "people I disagree with are taking things too seriously", while posting against and calling out those people multiple times over it(indication of caring about the topic)is cute.

There have been several complaints and notions of offense taken from multiple posters about "fat shaming" ever since Negan interacted with Olivia.

Follow that up with this thread and it's on point for petty falsehoods in relation to the show to be a fun discussion point.