Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

You know knockoffs?

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Los Muertos' started by YR38, Aug 29, 2016.

1. YR38

YR38 Member

Those products that low end companies come out with that look and sound like the actual, popular product, but then a bite in you just realized you took a bite out of a twankie?

thats what I feel FTWD is to TWD. This show sucks, it is so boring and seems to have no stories that serve a purpose. I can't believe that Kirkman, 3 other TWD producers, and the Sons of Anarchy show runner (idk if he was the showrunner) are bringing out such a terrible show. But alas, I'll keep watching because there aren't any other shows on this time of year, and holding out hope that along the line I'll actually care about more than 1 or 2 characters

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

No, you shouldn't, you're doing yourself a terrible disservice by torturing yourself that way, watching a show you clearly hate so much. There are plenty of other things to watch or things to do, and if you clearly hate something as much as you hate this then you should do or watch something else, that is what you should do now.

3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I'm gonna give it to the end of this season, after that I'm done unless it turns around these last episodes.

4. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

They should not have had a mid-season break. Why kill any momentum?

5. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I'm still interested in it, not really all that much. I feel like they're taking this show in a really weird direction, and I feel like the acting talent leaves a lot to be desired. I'm still enjoying it, but it's little more than filler to tide me over until TWD starts back up.

The way I see it, FTWD is a spinoff that feels like a spinoff. There's no way that it'd stand on its own without the viewer base of TWD to fall back on.

6. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

:hatchet:k:hatchet:

7. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I can see that POV, but these are two different shows ....with FTWD being a pre-quell that we didn't get to see much of ( except in short flashbacks over time ) in TWD. I actually think they kind of rushed the whole 'breakdown of society' into the full ZA . Could have been drawn out a bit more, showing more reports of the spread of the outbreak; but understand how and why they did it to appeal to a waiting fanbase.

But it is what it is now. I'm sure there were fans of "Cheers" that felt let down by "Frazier", and fans of "Frazier" that thought "Cheers" was lame by comparison .

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah but what sucks about that is......that's what the fanbase WANTED to see. More about what all went down before, right before and then during the outbreak. Now we are right back to the beginning of after the outbreak.....juuuust like Rick and Co. Or at least close.

I am actually over it now and just focus on the story, but at the beginning I was really disappointed how they just glossed over what everyone thought was going to be the focus. At least for the first couple or more seasons.

9. Pogo the Possum

Yeah, it threw me a curveball as I expected more development / lead up. Heck, the first six episodes could have been about the first six days. But I know a show about zombies has to show lots of zombies.
    I also figured that a 'hero' type would lead in the beginning, like one of the NG guys. The Rick / Shane model. They disappeared quick.
    Would have been stereotypical though, so they transitioned to anti-heroes like Nick, Daniel, and Strand, ... and Maddie somewhat .

10. BlackLightning

At this point, I think Rick is still sleep.

How would you have liked season 1 and the first half of season 2 to go? Because A LOT of people were complaining that the first season (except for the third and the sixth episodes) were way too slow and had like 2-3 zombies.

Yeah that's another thing I noticed right off the bat. The FTWD cast are colder and not as pure-hearted than the TWD characters were in the first two seasons. Some people complained about that but I saw it as TWD cast is from the Deep South and the FTWD are from SoCal (and the second largest city in the country). Two very different types of people.

S1&S2 Rick and co. would have tried to warn the neighbors about Operation Cobalt and they would NEVER pulled the zombie hostage exchange trick. And they definitely wouldn't of been able/willing to take down an entire military base.

Would you believe me if I told you my mom liked FTWD more than TWD. I mean she watches TWD but she's more excited about FTWD. According to her, FTWD has a stronger story and she appreciates the more traditional suspense-horror style.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I was actually shocked at how much people didn't like the first season. I didn't think it was slow at all and really liked the build up. But, different perspectives. :Grin:

I understand that people found it boring and not enough zombies, but the other half of the people wanted more of a pre-apocalypse to middle of outbreak story. And "pre" would obviously not include any zombies, and could possibly make us feel more connected to the core characters....and "middle of outbreak" could have had a lot more of the "flu-like symptoms" and stories similar to the cop shooting the perp and the perp getting right back up type of stuff. I think they touched on that for half an episode?

I don't know, I am no writer.....but I think the "pre"/"during" stuff could have been explored a bit more before becoming "post".

12. Pogo the Possum

Yeah, I feel very similar. This is actually an unattempted twist on a spinoff. FTWD is a spinoff in theme only ....different characters in both and different locations, and a prequel with a short timeline variation. So, almost more like a crossover, but TWD came first. Guess that's why they call it a 'companion' series.
    The only other series I could think of ( in TV ) where the 'spinoff' is a prequel is "Breaking Bad" with "Better Call Saul" , but 'BCS' is not contemporary with 'BB' and is a complete prequel.
    There was the short series on TV that was a prequel / spinoff from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" called something like "The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" .

I had thought that FTWD would have been more gradual ...like a sudden, mysterious disease arising with sketchy reports. Most of the population unaware, but authorities searching for the 'Typhoid Mary'; the host . Like was done in "The Andromeda Strain" and "Outbreak".
    Instead, it went pandemic ...'Wildfire', in what ? 2-3 days ? Less than a week for sure, and practically simultaneous ....supposedly globally ( don't know about that for sure ).
    Since I did not expect the accelerated storyline, I was not as keen with FTWD for the first 3-4 eps as with TWD, but in retrospect, I like it. Especially S1-6.

13. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Season 1 definitely creeped me out and left a sleepless night after The Dog. The Walking Dead, while it had a great mood to it, never gave me the true feeling of horror. It's hard to do that when the world and the monsters look like...monsters.

Fear happened in a world that looks safe.

14. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I prefer to think that fans of Happy Days were let down by Joanie loves Chachi.