Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

You know what I think...

Discussion in 'Episode 1109 - No Other Way' started by Miamicuse, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

A few things that made me scratch my head.

When Maggie asked Negan what they should do, a surprise to me that Maggie would entertain Negan's opinion, unless she really didn't want to but Daryl was in favor of letting them go and Maggie wanted Negan to say kill them all to counter what Daryl said. She just wanted someone to contradict Daryl. In other words, if Gabriel or Aaron were standing next to her she might not have asked them. She was using Negan, right?

But then Negan said "you know what I think" which brings them back to an earlier conversation when he told her if he could do it all over again, he would have killed everyone. Maggie knew what he meant.

She then made the promise to let them go if they drop their weapons.

Then she saw Elijah's pain and decided to kill them all.

Then she left and Negan found her by Alden's grave. Negan said he knew she would kill all the reapers no matter what she promised. This was what Negan would have should have done when he captured Rick and company, but he didn't. Negan is now worried Maggie killing him one day so he choses to leave.

Negan of yesterday let Rick & company live and leave and only killed two.

Negan of today regretted that and if he was to put on Maggie's shoes would have killed Negan.

So yesterday's Negan was a kinder gentler Negan, after all this time in isolation and reflection, kind of, LOL.

Why did Gabriel ask Maggie where Negan went? I don't think he knew Negan was going to find Maggie. Do you think when Maggie said "he left" Gabriel seems surprised. May be he thought Maggie killed Negan and lied about it?

#1 Miamicuse, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's funny this is what did work for me in the episode, all the Maggie and Negan stuff. They're two of the few that really interest me now. The rest of the show is stale, and the Commonwealth is unrealistic.

I agree that Maggie was just trying to get some sort of agreement from Negan. I think at this point she feels that approach is right, you leave people alive and they come back to get you. It's happened time and time again. It's one reason Hershel was killed. The Governor came back, although they were never able to find him.

So if you can eliminate a threat, you do.

As for Negan not killing Maggie I think he developed a similar respect for her that he had for Rick. At the start of their expedition he was ready to leave her to die, but a lot of the nonverbal stuff during the attack on the Reapers showed Negan developing a camaraderie with her.

His decision to go is more of his realization after she wiped out the Reapers that he was never going to be safe around someone who has become very similar to himself.

This turn in Maggie is good, after all she's gone through. I hope they don't ruin her now like they did with Morgan. But knowing these writers, they probably will.

And yeah, I got the feeling too that Gabe thought Maggie had killed Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

When Negan said "you know what I think" Maggie knew what he was thinking (kill them all), but Daryl probably thought he meant let them go because Negan has changed his ways. Interesting that that line means different things for different people.

Gabriel's reaction after Maggie said "he left"...
    • Did he say where he went?
    • Is he coming back?
    • Why?
    • Oh wait, you killed her?

4. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

Just a guess here, but I predict Lydia leaving to go find Negan.

5. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Some of these posts are too long for me to read, so forgive me if my ADS overlaps.
    1) Lydia may go find Negan as she doesn't appear to go to the Commonwealth and we know that some went to Hilltop with Maggie. I do hope we see more of both of them though.
    2) I think Maggie has come to realize that she has become just like Negan with her killing of the people who were leaving "peacefully". It was unnecessary to everyone but her.