Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

You're first mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Creative Art' started by Faelan Dixon, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

When did you get your first mobile phone?
    And what kind of phones did you have in the past?

I meant your grrrrrr.

2. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

It was the year 2000 when I got my very first cellphone. It was a Samsung flip phone.

3. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Oh man I had the Nokia 3200 not long after it was released.

It was the first phone with a camera back then, I believe. It was a horrible plastic thing, that had changable inside skin covers and only had like an inch and a half screen, and took piss poor pictures lmfao!!! But we thought it was the bomb-diggity!

Oh it also had polyphonic ringtones, and that was the big thing then, too. hahaha!

[​IMG]

4. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

^^lol Cheesy, everyone had one of those Nokia phones at one point in their past! One of my best gal friends and a brother, they were like, if you did not have a phone like that you were considered uncool. pssshh

5. Still_Alive

Still_Alive Well-Known Member

Ericsson r320s. Year: 2002.

I was 11 then and I was very proud of it.

[​IMG]

6. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

You were 11 when you had your first phone? I am very envious then because in 2002 I was already 22 and I had just gotten my first phone 2 yrs prior. Kids in the millennium era are much too privilege.

7. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

It was just a plain ol' Samsung flip phone lol. Thought it was pretty awesome at the time though.

8. Still_Alive

I wasn't privileged. My Dad is a very liberal man, yes. But he's also the last man to spoil the kids. I had to work very hard to earn it (and all other things he gave me).

I called that model 'for adults' :) The cover wasn't uglified by colored drawings, that phone was dark, had a thin profile and had NO games, which I remember was very important to me.

Unfortunately, I decided to bin it after the battery died. Now I regret it. I should keep it just for its slender and elegant profile.

9. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Wow - I can't believe people remember the make and model. Impressive!

Mine was an ancient flip phone with bad reception and spotty coverage. No texting and you had to guard your minutes.

I feel almost traumatized if I forget my phone now but life without one was pretty sweet in many ways.

My dad had one of those huge bag phones. :D

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I don't remember the model but mine was the Nokia with the replaceable face plates lol. I could barely use it without going over my minutes and there was no texting!

11. Charmander

Charmander Member

[​IMG]The number pad glowed in different colours, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

12. Still_Alive

I remember all my models. Guys love gadgets and other worthless crap. Women focus on much more important things in life. It's obvious.

13. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Don't remember if it was this one exactly, but something close to this. I remember it was the year 2000 and I was a freshman in high school. I remember other students being like "why do you need one?!"

[​IMG]

14. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

My first phone was one of those free government phone's that come w/250 minutes.

My daughter stole it immediately and I never got a chance to use it. Around December 2007.

I got another one, a blackberry this time, but it was from another country and I took it to my kids and thier friends who all have smart phones, and NONE of them could even figure out how to make a call on it. I tossed it and got another simple gov. phone. It sits on my nightstand. I've never made a single call or sent a text with it. Hell, I don't even know the phone number to it.

I'm technology impaired. I've been living on a deserted island for the past 13 yrs. It's called my bed. But not after next month! I finally found a doctor to take me apart and fix me!!!!!! Go Henry Ford Hospital!! I should be out of bed and walking again in less than 2 months. Look out world, I have a lot of making up to do. :D

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Good luck at Henry Ford, and with walking again :) Fun fact: I work in the DMC. So not too far away.

16. T Dis

T Dis Active Member

Thanks! Wow, didn't realize you were so close. Should have asked you for advise! Got my first shot at HF last thursday, This time with contrast dye, and the shots were given while using a fluoroscope! Very professional with the RIGHT diagnosis this time. :D So happy! The next set is on the 29th or 30th, (have to check calendar. :D) hopefully, 10 days after the second shots, I might be done and all good again! (if not I may need it just once more and DONE) Thank you again. :)

By the way, my daughter found my new cheap @ss phone, and stole it again! S'ok though. I wasn't using it anyway. I like my home phone. If I do get the money that's supposed to come to me, I might get a smart phone for the first time. (then I can stare at it with no idea how to work it. LOL :) This is the free safelink phone that comes w/250 minutes free. Texts are minus 30 seconds.
    [​IMG]

I need to go to the community center where they teach the elderly about the internet and smart phones. Maybe I can put flour in my hair and keep my head down so they don't notice the lack of wrinkles. Don't they have white halloween hairspray? I could use that! LMAO! :D

#16 T Dis, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

This was my first mobile phone in 1998! A nokia 5100..

[​IMG]

I appreciate my iPhone more now after remembering this phone lol

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Lol that's the exact one I had, I'm pretty sure. I had a pink face plate and clear buttons.

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't be great for advice, I'm an admin assistant :) but I do hope it goes well! It sounds promising from what you've said.

And if if you get a smart phone make sure you put a pass code on it so your daughter can't access it lol

20. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

First mobile phone:
    [​IMG]