Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"You're getting comfortable with that."

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by br0k3n, May 9, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Hey, "mom", all my best friends know how to field strip guns and possess mad pew pew skills.

Does the fact that I am yawningly comfortable with loading magazines make me naughty?

Was this just a Mother's Day thing they were throwing in (her bemoaning Nick loading a magazine, and the momma bear lines with Strand)?

I do understand why she was ticked with Strand about secret missions including Nick, so maybe we can chalk it up to "unhappy mom is unhappy with everything".

Or was this more of the anti-2nd amendment Travis horse-hockey?

Anyway, mom - love you and all - but guns are a civil right. Knowing how to use one safely and responsibly is not an indictment. Whether in everyday life, or especially in the freaking zombie apocalypse.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Ugh. If you want to start a 2nd Ammendment rights thread you might want to go to an NRA forum instead of a forum about a tv show.

3. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I'm sorry I'm not sorry for discussing GUNS on a forum about a tv show that features GUNS in virtually every episode.

4. lastcat3

Yes we all know that you need guns during a ZA. That still doesn't mean we need some zany poster coming in bringing up second ammendment rights if someone on the show is hesitant about their kid messing around with guns. Rick didn't like Carl messing around with guns all the way into the third season.

#4 lastcat3, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  5. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Carl = minor
    Nick = adult

Besides that major difference, Nick has already earned a degree in street urchin, with a major in illegal substances and minors in B&E and theft.

Travis' character in season 1 was a "zany" anti-gun doormat. So it is relevant to the show, because the anti-gun view is written into his character.

6. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

The 2nd Amendment means nothing in this world anymore. The Constitution is little more than an antiquated piece of parchment in the zombie apocalypse. It's not really all that relevant. Being anti-gun has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment. It has to do with not liking guns or not feeling safe around them.

Yes, guns are essential in the zombie apocalypse and she's still uncomfortable with that fact. In time I think they're all going to have to come around, but it'll be a slow process.

7. lastcat3

Here.

https://www.nraam.org/events/2016/friday-may-20-2016/nra-ila-leadership-forum/

There you go. Maybe you should take your thoughts and post over there as I don't think anybody here really cares about your second amendment opinions.

#7 lastcat3, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  8. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

2A is relevant in today's times and parallels with bullshit subliminally put in the show. Interesting that the subject brings an emotional reaction out of you.

Well, actually as soon as the middle of S2, both Rick and Lori became okay with Carl being around guns and learning how to use them. Lori okay'd Shane, one of the top firearm instructors in the Atlanta PD, to instruct Carl on how to safely and effectively use them given their circumstances.

That's if we want to cite things accurately.

And yes, Carl = child.

Nick = young adult who's already adapting to the world and has been in life/death situations several times recently.

I realize these people come from LA and it's quite realistic for the stereotypical LA liberal(which is not Madison's character at all) to have a fear of firearms even in the event of societal meltdown, but in that scenario, with this set of characters - making a comment about Nick getting used to field stripping a weapon after they had just killed the attackers of their vessel was indeed 100% a subliminal anti-gun agenda trick.

So your post is relevant. Portraying you as "zany" and stupid for making a single remark about it is a reflection of the brainwashed ignorance in the average person.

9. lastcat3

10. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

@lastcat3

I'd like to know who appointed you "spokes-cat" for the forum? Lots of "we" and "anybody". Are you an official delegate, or do you suffer from multiple personality disorder?

Additionally, "to" is a word that denotes movement - as in "Lastcat's 4th personality was stressed because they were running late TO their hypnotherapy appointment". However, "too" is a word that denotes addition - like the word "also". For example, "Lastcat's best friend was bragging about how they stood outside Walmart trying to get signatures to repeal the 2nd Amendment. Now Lastcat wants to do it TOO."

11. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

^ Deflection whilst trying to be cute, how original. You have nothing to add to the discussion in this thread but stay around to comment because a piece of the discussion bothers you, which even then you still have nothing to add.

You ought to think about that. ;)

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

WOW.
    When I watched the episode, I never gave a thought to the 2nd A, nor the NRA. They are STILL at the BEGINNING of the ZA, and she is not accustomed to seeing her children with weapons. Specially her junkie son. Notice, she wouldn't let him make the trade either.
    It really is that simple. And not some subliminal message against guns.

13. lastcat3

Exactly.

14. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

It's at the start of course, but they've seen enough already to snap out of "Los Angeles mainstream society mode" in many different perspectives, not just self defense tools. It would be absolutely ridiculous to be in a constant life and death scenario and to have been apart of killing hostile attackers to suggest to your 20 y/o adult son in a negative tone "you're getting used to that" when he's handling a firearm.

And oh yes it is and it's not the only stereotypical subliminal political bit they've had in the show so far. This and the others are very obvious to the keen eye. The message was "gun = bad/evil".

Pointing them out shouldn't be considered "zany" or taboo.

TWD before it got completely silly in S6 was a superior show in every category and didn't feature this kind of nonsense.

15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

This is a family that didn't even own a fire arm, before the ZA. Not uncommon, even in the real world. I did not own one, until just recently.
    And I would be just like Maddie, with my children. Protective. As I said earlier. She wouldn't let him go to make the trade. Is that because the world is anti - rafts? Trading? Dealing?
    No She is just being a protective mother. Again. It is just that simple.

I must have a very powerful mind. Because it didn't work with me. I still have weapons. And not just guns.

16. lastcat3

Sharpie there is no point in even discussing things with these types as they are going to dig for conspiracies whenever and wherever they can. Just link them to nra forums where this kind of talk belongs.

17. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

[MENTION=9197]lastcat3[/MENTION],

what exactly are "these types"? I've seen quite a range of topics here, so tell me what "kind of talk" you feel is inappropriate? Please do elaborate.

18. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

[MENTION=26682]Sharpie61[/MENTION]

To my point in the OP, wondering whether this was just an unhappy momma bear remark in passing - or yet another anti-gun line written to reveal something about the main characters.

If you've been paying attention to the show, then you already know this isn't just a "family that doesn't own firearms". Travis is opposed to them. And has verbalized this opposition. His anti-gun position, in a show which relies heavily upon guns, makes other lines from other characters (in this case his wife) stand out.

But hey I'm just a "zany" firearms instructor who watches the show.

19. lastcat3

Well quite frankly. This is a tv forum. Not a forum for second ammendment rights discussions. Especially for a show where the second ammendment no longer exists.