Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"You're getting comfortable with that."

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by br0k3n, May 9, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

LOL the 2nd Amendment was not "created by" the Bill of Rights! Every civil right listed there was listed - not to create them - but to recognize their existence and further limit the power of government over individual freedom.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Do you need to be directed to the nra forum again?

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

And yet, he used one, to shoot his bitten ex wife.
    I guess some see things, where others don't. I am one who does not see any anti-gun issues, with the show. If it is there. We would be watching a show, where they use pitchforks and spears.

4. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

[MENTION=9197]lastcat3[/MENTION] you're acting like a vampire who fell into a glass vat of garlic soaked crosses at high noon. This isn't the Hallmark Channel forum. FTWD and TWD feature this tool (guns) in nearly every episode. The topic is cogent for aforementioned reasons related to character development.

Now get thee to the NRA forum! And since you love it so much, sign up and become a lifetime member.

5. Sharpie61

I think he means, the subject should be in the debate section, of the forum.

#25 Sharpie61, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  6. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

1. Lastcat3 is a male...
    2. Mods are welcome to move it - however this thread doesn't pose a debate. It is commentary on a line and characters within the show. (shrugs) Whatever.

7. Sharpie61

[MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION]. What say you? Do you think Fear the Walking Dead, is a show about anti-gun issues?

8. Sharpie61

Fixed it. Thanks

9. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yes, he did. Probably not the best example since he was performing a "mercy killing" for lack of a better term. To keep her from turning.

I'm not reading tea leaves here - Travis has at least once verbalized a dislike of guns. So it IS intentional to his character. I'm not saying that the writers or creators of this series have an issue (how would I know that?), I'm just saying Travis definitely does, and maybe his wife shares them? I'm raising the question. Point of this thread.

It will, of course, be interesting to see how Travis's character evolves on this issue when the bubble of civilization has burst, and he wants to live and keep his family alive.

10. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

No and Yes. The show is about people surviving the Zombie apocalypse (so, no). The show is about Travis (and yes I do realize he is not the only character) who has expressed anti-gun views (so, yes).

11. Sharpie61

Ok, first. She is his girlfriend. Just really wanted to make that clear, before others do.

Yes, Travis has shown a dislike. But I think that will go out the window, as the show progresses. These folks are still trying to hang onto the old world. They will adapt, or they will die. I think he is one that will die. Not because he is anti gun. But because he still believes the world is good.
    I just don't think Maddie was anti gun, when she spoke to Nick. I think she was more of a 'protective mother'. She doesn't want her children to get comfortable with the way the new world is. These people still believe there is a safe haven. And she thinks her kids won't have to live as 'fighters'. Again, that reasoning will go out the window, as time progresses.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, well, I didn't read all the posts that led up to this question, but nah. Travis has expressed an aversion to guns, especially early on, but this was not meant to portray an anti-gun stance by the show in general, as much as a stance of general naivety towards this new kind of world. They wanted many of our characters to start from a point of as much unsophistication as possible, to make their journey forward a larger, more meaningful one. Its not meant to be gun-specific. Travis was also opposed to Chris stabbing the walkers at the fence so eagerly. And he struggled to overcome his complete trust of the National Guard. Its just one part of his journey.

This isn't a message specifically about guns, its a journey from English teacher to ZA survivor.

Same thing with Madison. No matter what weapon Nick was getting comfortable with, it would have concerned her. She could have walked in on him practicing his mace swings, or his Katana swipes, or exhaling his super duper debilitating halitosis jet, and she would have felt the same.

13. Sharpie61

Thank you for your response. I knew it would be logical.

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Shane was not an instructor for the Atlanta PD?
    As long as you find it so important to cite things accurately and all?
    They were in the King County Sheriffs Department.

This is just a silly argument,there is no reason to think there is some social agenda behind the anti gun comments I think they are just basically pro civilized society comments really.

Just because you see something does not mean it is really there.

15. lastcat3

If any of the people working on the show had such an anti gun agenda that they wanted to incorporate it into the story I seriously doubt they would have agreed to work on a show about the fall of civilization in the first place.

16. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

A nice sentiment - but you'd be surprised what people will do when they want to make money.

In other news my OP was not a conjecture about the personal feelings of the writers.

17. lastcat3

You do realize that the showrunner for Fear was previously a writer and showrunner for Sons of Anarchy don't you?

18. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

No I didn't. I understand that was a tv show about biker gangs. I didn't watch it. Heard it had a following. Personally I don't watch much tv. You make an interesting point - and I think you mean it say that the writer did a show about biker gangs, and is now writing for a show about the zombie apocalypse - so THAT MUST mean the writer is pro-gun. Ok. Maybe. maybe not. Maybe it's just a talented writer making a solid career. I don't know, and it really doesn't affect the conversation, which was about fictional people on FTWD.

19. lastcat3

I'm not saying anything about being pro gun or anti gun. I (like others) have just been saying that the line you brought up doesn't have anything to do with being pro gun or anti gun. They were just telling a story about a mother being hesistant about her son having firearms. Nothing more to it than that.

You seem to like developing conspiracy theories though and looking for things where nothing exists.

20. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Except for that bit where you mention "those kind of people" and this "kind of conversation" and posted links to NRA forum over and over. Sure.

AMAZING! And that is the question I was posing from the start! It's as if you read it this time! Thanks for cogently stating your opinion.

Yes, obviously I'm the problem. It's like you're in my head. We're sharing a body.