Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Z Nation

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by and138, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Z-Nation is its own show, it intends itself to be cheesy, but it's fun. It's kind of strange, most shows get worse over time, this one is getting better, but when watching remember it's not meant to be a serious and realistic show, but a fun one. The basic plot is that one person survived being bitten by a zombie, and a group of people is trying to get him from New York to California, and meet all sorts of trouble along the way.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

:p

[​IMG]

I swear, though, there is a death...of sorts... And I am kinda upset about it.

3. Morgotha

Bad girl!

Hmm... the only thing I can think of that's been around since season one that I'd remember is the Z-whacker, although Addy currently is using a replacement of the original. Does Doc shave his beard? THAT would be upsetting!

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'm racking my brain, but somehow I can't remember her replacing it. In which episode did that happen?

(I'd rewatch it now, but my PVR died and the entire Z Nation series that I saved is gone. :zombies_mad:)

5. Morgotha

I don't remember, exactly, but I think it was in the episode where they were having a shooting contest with 10k involved and skeezy and sleazy were there auctioning off a .50 cal gun that Addy got a "new and improved" z-whacker. I'll have to think about it.

Sry about the DVR btw, that's a bummer.

6. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Even though I love spoilers, I am resisting watching the video!

One hour and the finale is on....

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Due to even more cable problems, I didn't see the episode until today. Anyhoo...

I was right about La Reina showing up with Kurian's head, but totally wrong about Escorpion being dead. :zombies_lol: I'm glad he's alive, but he didn't explain how the heck he escaped from all those zombies, only his incentive for doing so.

The fights between Warren and La Reina and Addy and that Zero guy were great. But as I said in the spoiler, I'm pretty upset about Addy losing the Z-Whacker. :( I guess they're going to have to run into Sketchy & Skeezy again to pick up another badass weapon.

Also, the tactic where the Zeros killed their own men with machetes and then used them as zombie shields was crazy.

So, this episode left us with more questions than answers:

Why didn't Vasquez go with the group, and now that his mission is over, where is he going (wearing his '80s-style headband)?

Did Murphy really leave 10K on the submarine? Murphy was being a dick about him earlier in the episode ("He's not my man"), but still, I don't think he'd be that heartless. Also, that would be a really crappy way for 10K to die. But where is he, then? And where is Murphy going, to the island of Zona, I presume?

Where were the soldiers supposed to be from? China? The shoulders of their uniforms had a star on a red background.

Where does Citizen Z think he's going in an Arctic storm with so few supplies? And who did he run into at the end of the episode?

Why does zombaby keep growing so fast? And who is teaching her to speak? With foster parents like that, her first words should be "Guh" or "Ackk." ;)

8. Morgotha

I liked the bounty hunters that showed up with the fake Murphy. Not them, per se, but the whole idea of trying to pass off a fake Murphy and collecting the reward.

Yeah, it's hard to see how Escorpion (didn't catch his "real" name in the episode) survived, especially after taking a whooping and getting tossed down a shaft, but I suppose if you can escape under a dumpster there's an equally unlikely chance of surviving that situation. Actually, since he killed the walker in the cage they left him in and got out of the cage afterwards, he's obviously very tough, so why not? I know I'd rather have him fighting on my side than against me, that's for sure!

I liked the Warren/La Reina fight, but wish they had it in the light so we could see their facial expressions. Come to think of it though, it was probably all stuntmen doing the scene, so that would be problematic. I didn't get the whole "stab half our force" to use as shields thing though, I mean there's no shortage of zombies around, if you had time to plan, why not round up some of them for shields instead? Then you'd be shooting with twice as many guns, not to mention improving the loyalty of your people.

One thing I really liked about the episode was Escorpion saying he followed La Reina and her friends and that what they did wasn't human. It made me whether they were REALLY performing inhuman atrocities, or whether with his new state of mind and understanding the effects his prior evil behavior had on others he just saw their normal behavior in a new way. I still don't have an answer to that. I also like how the actor's facial expressions look more human now than he did in his Escorpion getup.

I liked the submarine off the coast. I really didn't see that one coming. 10k knew something was up because of the alarms, so he probably made it off the sub somehow. At first I thought he might be lying in the bottom of the boat recovering, but I don't think that's the case. I hope 10k survives.

I hate how Murphy always bites people on the face. It's ugly and vicious. Why not bite them on the hand? They probably have their hands raised to defend themselves most of the time anyway, and there'd be a better chance of them not being noticed as his puppets. Also, I guess the vaccine (given to the sailors, at least) didn't work to prevent Murphy Virus.

Murphy's just coming back to shore IMO. If he wanted to go to Zona (which is presumably far away) he would have taken the submarine.

I thought Citizen Z did some stupid things. Like throwing his walkie talkie in the fire. Yes, it's a great dramatic gesture, but the poisonous fumes from the burning plastics and electronics and the possibilities of exploding batteries should have told him this was a bad idea. Couldn't he have just chucked it into the snow? And yes, I understand he loves his dog, but he found the dog after it ran all the way to him in the snow pulling someone. It can walk back in the snow next to him instead of being carried on the sled. Citizen Z isn't a big man, pushing that extra 80 pounds is not something that will help him reach his destination. If he felt he could push more, he should have added more food and a dome tent and some extra blankets and clothes. Also, get something to cover your face! I bet the person he's meeting in the snow is a person and not a zombie. That's a lot of build up for it to be one more zombie walking around, and if we want Citizen Z to live, he could use some help. The big question for me is whether or not he'll ever meet up with Addy, now that he's left his bunker, and if so, will she turn him down?

Vasquez I think was just having an understandable pity party. I'm sure he'll be back in the group soon enough, where else is he going to go? After a bit of alone time, would he really rather be a Mad Max than go back to Warren?

The zombaby is growing at an accelerated rate, all right, and she has such a fresh robin's egg blue to her, not like Murphy's I've-been-smoking-3-packs-a-day-for-30-years blue. She's growing much quicker than normal, but you're right, her adoptive parents don't seem like they'd be very good language teachers, LOL!

Oh yeah, and when Escorpion said he had a 30 day supply of food and z-weed in his truck, it should be remembered that that 30 day supply was calculated BEFORE Doc was in the car.

#668 Morgotha, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

:zombies_nosmile: .... Okay...what now. TWD, FTWD, Znation, and soon Grimm. It's around now that I start to look at HGTV like it has something interesting on. If I break out the wine, maybe I can drink it good lookin.

10. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

:zombies_lol:

[​IMG]

12. Morgotha

LOL, "no homo"

I like the roses on the combat boots, never seen that before. And Doc, he looks like he's 100 years old, but is still spry enough to do a full squat like that!

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

A while ago we were talking about how great it wold be to have a map of the group's travels across the States. Well, today I discovered it exists on the show's website: http://www.syfy.com/znation/maps/

14. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Addy is smoking hot. Biggest part of why I watch the show! :D

I wonder when next season starts...

15. ~Wiccan~

~Wiccan~ New Member

They are only saying sometime in 2016.... sorry!

Their is a season 3 promo video out:

em>[video=youtube;5GKUhUz8Skw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GKUhUz8Skw[/video]

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Season 3 filming started today! The official Twitter account posted some little teasers.

First, there is a mysterious box! Not as good as Boxcar A, though. It seems more like a storage or garbage bin, maybe?

[​IMG]

Second, there seems to be a new character...

[​IMG]

17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

There's gonna be a Z Nation comic! :Grin:

From the Multiversity Comics Website (http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/sdcc-2016-z-nation-prequel-comic/):

18. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

@and138 @Morgotha @~Wiccan~ [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION]

Znation premier tonight! 2 hour episode!

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yep. I watched the last episode in double fast forward last night in preparation. ;). I like the show, but not well enough to watch reruns in regular speed. :p

20. Morgotha

• Like Like x 1