Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Z Nation

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by and138, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Funny note...

The balls of zombies feeding on themselves as live targets ran out were an amazing concept

And done in an awfully hilarious way on the show.

gebins!

2. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

[MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION]

Not so serious really... you missed some time... I'd watch with you so you can guffaw & chortle!

3. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

OMG!

Lucy is hilarious this episode!

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Nick the walker made an appearance. ;)

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I was thinking she was being really freaking annoying. Ha. But I suppose it's because she's a preteen now. The scene where she was teasing The Man about being eaten by zombies so he kept running them over to make her stfu was so funny. But why was she being so stubborn about just going with Addy? I kinda wanted to reach through my TV screen to strangle her. When she got her period and it was blue...awkward...

What was with Doc's random movie references? First it was Taxi Driver when the zombie arm was pointing the way for him to go: "Are you talking to me?" *Pauses to look around.* "Well, I'm the only one here, so you must be talking to me." And then when he hallucinated himself and 10K from Back to the Future. WTF?

So your girl Addy took quite a beating, eh? The scene where The Man dislocated her shoulder was really uncomfortable to watch -- second only to the scene where she popped it back in.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Who is Nick? I missed that.

So what Lucy was saying about being able to "hear" what the zombies are thinking and know who they used to be in life -- do you think she's imagining all that, or is the show really going to go there?

7. Neuropyramidal

I personally think she's making it up. I think she gives the zombies human qualities herself, like making a severed arm run around and point, and making Grampa walker hitchhike.

Remember Nick the walker from the prison? The one Lizzie named because its name tag said "Nick"?. Lucy called her first walker "Nick", as a spoof of that.

8. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

TBH I didn't get why she was so stubborn and didn't want to go with Addie either.... preteen angst is all I can figure. I thought it was pretty funny how she was torturing The Man and he was giving it back.

As far as Doc and the back to the future flash... it was pretty random and I don't get it either, still don't today after thinking about it more.

Yeah my girl got whupped up, but she was looking great doing it!

9. Neuropyramidal

I think Lucy was just being a bratty kid. She wanted to play at that moment. I think they are just trying to show us that despite being special, she's really just a simple kid.

The Back To The Future scene was just supposed to be Doc hallucinating from exhaustion combined with that special Z weed he got back from the crazy women. It was more potent that regular Z weed. He took it out of his pocket and examined it after he realized it was a hallucination. Maybe that hallucinogenic weed will play some role in the future, and we were just being reminded about it.

10. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Thanks Neuro! I didn't quite catch what he was looking at (then again I had a few at that point and it was after midnight, so I wasn't fully on my game). I forgot about the super weed from the crazy gals!

Good point though, it may come into play in the future (probably in a hilarious way!)

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think she really does hear them, based on her being comforted by the other women zombies in the store.

12. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Wow. What an ending last night.

I don't know what to believer or not... but there sure seemed to be truth in the title!

This could be devastating for next season!

13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Bah. Think nothing of it. This show is cheese, Stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in cheese slices, and covered in melted cheese (Probably some bacon in there somewhere too). Remember, the first season ended with nukes coming down on everyone's heads and that turned out just fine without a refrigerator or anything. I like how they end seasons with this show (Last season not quite as much), it shows they are not oblivious to how networks could cancel them without warning, and may not want to leave lose ends. They handle it much like I would, as leaving a cliffhanger to go out on could blow up in your career's face.

Imagine how history would remember The Walking Dead if they were somehow cancelled before this season started. The show would wind up on a top 10 list with other shows that were cancelled at the worst possible time.

14. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Oh I know!

I love the cheese factor, but hey, it's hard to deny that some attachment has happend over time to some of the folks. I used to think Doc was just comedy, but he's actually become something, where as 10k as kinda faded. (I still don't get how the red woman and her kid are back...) But that's fine. It is what it is and I roll with it. :p

Either way, yes I do take it as it is...I was a snob about zombie shows and only caught up with Znation at the late part of season 2. I'm glad I started watching though, it has so many fun moments with a tongue fully implanted in cheek. You just have to take it for what it is and grin.

It still doesn't mean I should worry about the players I love! Right @and138? @Neuropyramidal?

15. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Nah, worry away. I too fear most for Doc, as I have found I identify with him more than anyone else on the show for unknown reasons. Doc just resonates with me, and his hippy moments are just comedy gold (If I had to pick a favorite, it would be when he was assisted by a hallucination with no explanation how that actually happened... But his out of body assist was pretty meta-awesome. ;p )

I used to have worries about the cast as I do with TWD, but I have not been shocked since Garnett in season 1. I mean, have we really lost a "Main" since then? (Original Group)- - - - - - Oh yeah, Zack. But like Cassandra, it was a blessing to remove them when they did. It just seems that the story is about how our core group has become invincible to a degree that would make Rick Grimes weep. I do not worry about Warren, Doc, Addy, or even 10K (Though they need to either off him or fix him before it is a wish to see him excised from the story.) They have survived situations that are not survivable before, so I would have to see a Zombie Warren Mercied before I bought it, and even then they have managed to reverse or rewind the scenario to take it in a different direction (Season 1 Episode 9 "Die Zombie Die... Again" jumps right to mind).

16. Morgotha

It was VERY interesting that Murphy and 10k are actually dead though. It leaves one asking what dead means in that world.

17. Morgotha

Sept. 29, 2017, season 4 start date

18. Neuropyramidal

I actually forgot all about this show and then happened to check a couple days ago when S4 was starting, only to find out it was starting in two days lol. Yeah, there's a lot of cheese, and this is a very hit-or-miss show. A enjoy certain episodes and other episodes I come away from feeling like I should have spent that hour getting a manicure.

I do like some of the characters, and some of them who started out as mostly caricatures have since been given some depth. I'll watch the S4 premiere tonight to see where its going, but I'm having a hard time actually looking forward to it.

19. Morgotha

I wasn't surprised that Warren and Murphy survived, getting taken to Zona and all, but I was surprised that *everyone* survived. I guess I shouldn't have been, LOL!

I hope Newmerica works out, but it looks like it won't.

Zona's plan is to, what, destroy everything on Earth *except* Zona and start over? Restoring the environment after completely destroying it might be flat out impossible, and probably is. Who knows what kind of climate changes, etc. will occur if you kill off all the plant life, etc.? Plenty of walkers are likely underwater walking around, they won't be killed by sterilizing the surface, so it's all for nothing anyway. Actually, I doubt they'd ever be able to repopulate the world with enough plant life and animals to make things back the way they were. And the inbreeding of every single species would be outrageous! It seems much easier to build up your population and expand to the mainland or nearby islands in a couple of generations and fight the walkers that haven't eaten each other yet.

20. Neuropyramidal

This show is really stale this season. The 'humor' seems to have degraded to basically just doc making jokes about weed lol. I had a hard time even finishing the last couple episodes.