Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie/acton/fight choreography still horrible

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Captive' started by EvilDeadJ, May 9, 2016.

1. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

that walker goes and bites Conner's arm and he just stands there like a bitch..then we dont see him again...

THEN the zombie goes on to bite Conner's associate's neck and he just stands there and lets it happen screaming like a bitch, and the third guy just stands and watches? then lets travis head butt him and after taking Travis down by the legs just lays on top of him? lets the wife kick him?

the choreography of this show needs serious work...

I dont see how the zombie doesnt end up in the water (if he does they should have emphasized it more with a clear shot of it falling into the water)

first thing I do if I see a zombie, is swing the ****er off that narrow dock into the water, they arent smart/quick enough to grab and drag you with them, even if they do its more believable than just standing there watching like a bitch.. I mean run away, do something!!

the whole scene just didnt resonate right.. seemed lame.. I'm sure many people could have come up with a far better sequence using the same amount of frames...

2. Well Walker

Well Walker Member

Conner was shocked to see his brother as a zombie. That's why he was bitten. It's also pretty much the beginning of the apocalypse, he just couldn't comprehend that Reed was dead. It's not like Rick and his group in its current state. As for the other guy, he was shocked and didn't react. Travis head butting his attacker was a little OTT but I can live with it. That wasn't that bad. Madison could've went more psycho on the guy when she was helping but whatever. To me it wasn't a big deal, it didn't ruin the entertainment value of the show.

3. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I agree it didn't ruin the episode... but still... I am not expecting them to go batman mode or anything.. but put more frantic and intense movements into the scenes.. the title is "fear" the walking dead.. and these people just seem to move in slow motion and hardly react with any terror .. its almost as if they all just watch, frozen, in disbelief.. and not everyone is like that.. and surely going by the tactics they are employing to find other survivors, Conner's band has seen some shit. People dont end up as cold blooded as they are without being in the "shit" ..

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Madison also had a gun with her,but was kicking the bad guy as he was on top of Travis and didn't just put one into his head?

I guess if not in SloMo then Alicia would not have had the chance to see them down there for her jump?

I also thought the initial shot of Alicia from the top of the dry docked boat was great showing the futility of her trying to get away by jumping that far to her family but then when they had the stunt going it did not look like the same problem at all and she looked like a seasoned stunt artist?

I agree this one lacks a certain simple polish to make it a little bit believable for me.

5. AAG331

AAG331 Member

It's like Madison forgot she had a gun with her.

6. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I was just laughing and shaking my head during that scene. Its one thing for Connor to allow himself to be bitten but for the other guy to watch it happen to him and then still get bitten himself is ridiculous. This show is a D grade horror movie over and over again. I was thinking how many ways they could have played this ending out and somehow thought this way was a good idea. It would have been so much cooler to actually make the trade and get away and then Connor discover his brother is a zombie afterwards. It'd make our heroes look like such total cold hearted ruthless killers to Connor even though we know it was all an accident. Or to make things more realistic they could have let the zombie bite Connor and then have the other guy taken out by sniper fire by Thomas' guy.

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

What did happen to walker Reed, after he bit the second guy? All of a sudden, that dock was empty (not counting Travis and Maddie, with the bad guy).

Must be the ZA black holes again.

8. GeorgeWest

GeorgeWest New Member

It is maybe three weeks into the zombie apoc and people like Conner feel safe in their fortresses. They haven't learned what we know from watching 6 seasons of TWD. It tales many months for survivors to get really hardened and able to handle any situation.

9. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Was anyone bothered by both of the people who were being traded suddenly had hoods over their heads? Who coordinated that one????
    That was ridiculous.

10. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

Well, yeah, you wouldn't want Travis to be able to find his way back to their hide-out, the big dry-docked ship that Maddison is right next to.

11. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

this is so true.. another great point and yes I was thinking "WTF" when I saw that. I understand the reason Madison used a sack over Reed's head, but why put one over Travis? I mean the entire crew of Abigail knows their location. its not Like they drove or walked an insanely long distance to their trade off point which, in that case, would make sense to blindfold or put a bag on Travis' head.. was just silly they both ended up on the dock with a bag on their heads...

12. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

exactly .. one second zombified Reed is nonchalantly munching on Conner and Conner's buddy while they scream.. and the next .. the dock is quiet.. and all you see are two people (looking like the zombie and conner) lying almost motionless, peacefully on the dock .. and madison kinda standing there halfheartedly yelling at and kicking her husband's assailant..

13. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The scene looked very high school film class-ish. So does a lot of the filming. I buy that Connor was taken totally off guard with the additional shock of It being his brother but that is no excuse for not presenting it much better. It kind of mirrors the pregnant lady ploy used to get on the boat. Clever ending it just should have been done better.

14. _Luna

_Luna New Member

I didn't have the biggest problem with that. Connor was calmly expecting to get his brother back during the exchange, right on down to the second they physically exchanged them -- he was under the impression his little brother had been returned to him safely. The very last thing he was anticipating was removing the hood and seeing a zombie. I can understand him freezing as horror and pain overcame him. I can totally believe that.

As for Connor's companion freezing up, too ...well, I don't know what kind of relationship he had with Reed or, for that matter, with Connor. I can imagine that guy being overcome with pure shock as well, being that he wasn't expecting that at all either. I'm also not sure what his perception was regarding killing Connor's "brother" right in front of him, or what he felt Connor would do in that event.

What I have a bigger problem with was Madison and Travis having no problem completing the exchange without Alicia in sight. It isn't as if they'd brought everyone with them, as Daniel advised Madison to do, and could fight any of Connor's remaining men off to find Alicia. Madison not even mentioning anything along the lines of, "hey, where the **** is my daughter?" or "We aren't doing this exchange without getting Alicia back, too," is something I have a much bigger problem believing.

Then again, they were dealing with a zombified Reed, and maybe felt they had to act fast before Connor & co realized Reed was indeed a zombie prior to any exchanges being made and their cover being blown. I'm not sure if I'm ready to fully give them that benefit of the doubt ...but I guess with suspended disbelief, I can. *shrugs*.