Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo

Discussion in 'Zombie Books' started by Ricco, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Ricco

Ricco New Member

I'm surprised that the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tufo hasn't been listed yet. 7 books so far published and rumored 1 more to go. Great series. Some humor and awesome character development. He also wrote a few other spin off novels, one from a zombies point of view and I believe 2 others from a dogs point of view. They are all great reads. I also heard that a studio has purchased the movie rights to the books. Available in both regular book and audiobook formats.

2. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

never heard of em before tbh, just found the first 5 tho

3. Ricco

Ricco New Member

The books are number 1,2,3, 3.5 ,4,5,6. 3.5 is a prequel

4. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

well ive got 1,2,3,4,5 then

5. bubbastump

bubbastump Member

Mark Tufo is one of the best zombie writers out there. I particularly like his Tim series.

6. Caryl

Caryl Member

I'm reading this right now and am 3/4 of the way through. My first zombie novel. The story is really good but he has an irritating habit of going off having the characters go off on backstory tangents just as the action is getting good. And the mother and daughter are complete idiots. The story is good though and holds my interest despite some nitpicks.

I bought The Purge of Babylon by Sam Sisavath and The Gathering Dead by Stephen Knight as well. I haven't read anything but Historical Fiction and nutrition books in years so this is a nice change of pace.

7. Kana

Kana New Member

I started reading the first book in the series, and I'm not very into it. I mean, too fast-paced, his writing is annoying, the humor...meh...I've read other zombie books that I liked better, but I will give this one a few more chapters chance.

8. Fan

Fan Member

I'm reading this right now, I'm about half-way through.

I agree with you for the most part. I don't find the main character (or really any characters) to be very likeable. I don't like the authors sense of humor very much at all. I don't like how he transitions from one scene to the next by basically telling you what's going to happen in the next scene. It's so fast paced that you kind of get confused about what's going on.

BUT, I'm still enjoying the book. It's interesting and entertaining at times. I like his zombies.

9. Kana

Kana New Member

You know what, I ended up not giving it a chance! When I first started reading it I thought to myself that the book was going to be awesome and whatnot, but only after some more minutes I gradually started getting annoyed. Then I wrote my previous post and then I just didn't have the willpower to continue reading the book and moved on to another.

Let us know when you're finished. ;)
    (I might give it another try...someday..)

Have you read "The Reanimation of Edward Schuett"? It was different, really good! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16140493-the-reanimation-of-edward-schuett

10. Fan

Fan Member

I finished the book.... Well, I'm kinda on the fence about it. It wasn't horrible but it certainly wasn't great. So, you weren't missing out.

I haven't but it sounds interesting! How is it that this book was published in 2012, has over 4 stars and I'm just now hearing about it!?!. I'll have to check it out. Thanks! :)