Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie goo on knife and arrow? Why does it work?

Discussion in 'Episode 813 - Do Not Send Us Astray' started by Marc, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I get it, it 's all about the goo getting inside like a bite. But it makes no sense, people been bathing in the zombie goo and getting blood splattered all over them. There is not a chance in hell no one in the A team ever not gotten go in the eyes. But a knife dipped zombie goo can hold for hours and infect? Already infected? How come it works like a bite?

Bacteria do not last long outside of a host.

2. MOi

MOi New Member

Many bacteria do not need hosts. In addition many bacteria can survive on dry hard surfaces for days. Viruses need hosts but some viruses like polio and noro can survive for days or weeks outside hosts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Because the story demands it!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I guess the others didn’t have open wounds when they got covered in goo (they used smocks too) whereas these people were penetrated with infected dirty disease ridden weapons so it was bound to happen.

Side note, poor Katy just an innocent prisoner who ends up murdered by her own people!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Someone, somewhere must of gotten goo in their eyes. But it is plot convenience of course. Expensive actors need to be killed off and now the combined numbers would be so far down I have no idea how they can turn the tide. Oceanside is not that many either...

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It does make sense that it would work, considering that a mere scratch from a bite does the trick... The only thing that surprises me is that it just now is taking hold as a concept, not just as a weapon of war but the whole thing. Granted I don't recall anyone getting nicked with an 'infected' weapon in past seasons but it wouldn't take much... Every weapon that has made contact with a z if that weapon didn't get thoroughly sanitized I would consider it "infected." Now all it takes is a non-lethal wound from that same weapon, again I'm surprised we've gone this far into the zombocalypse without this concept even coming up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I'm thinking back a few season ago; Didn't rick get a big knife stuck in his hand? I don't exactly recall that knife's immediate history, but I guess it had no walker blood/guts on it.......

Or is my memory fuzzy? (It happens, a lot! LOL!)

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I wish i could remember which thread it was, but this was discussed in detail a week or two ago...there's a difference between the virus staying on the surface of the skin as opposed to entering the blood stream through a puncture wound. Even getting it in your eye could cause some eye issues but wouldn't necessarily allow the virus to enter your system.

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

What about Rick fighting Winslow in the dump?
    He got stabbed by the things head which was covered by knives on top of a Walker!
    How would there be no Walker guts on that thing?

This entire development makes so little sense at this point,I have even come to accept the Dead Walking but can not get behind this just being introduced at this point.

And negan considers this all part of "saving" people in the right context.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

There have been instances where walker blood has been introduced into wounds and openings with no effect. Abe cut himself with a knife that just killed a walker, Rick had his freshly cut face covered in walker blood and brains, Michonne had walker guts poured over her face, eyes, nose, mouth. I'm sure there were other instances of this happening.

The bottom line is, ignore all that. Just like we ignore the many other continuity issues that have arisen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Sad but True.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

When a cut happens, your body and skin has natural defenses that seals the wound off from the rest of your body to prevent things from entering your bloodstream. So it would take a pretty deep puncture wound (like a bullet or arrow) for it to bring the virus deep enough into tissues that your body's natural defenses wouldn't be able fight it off.

I'm trying to remember Abe's cut...was it pretty deep?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Correct. There is no real inconsistency here the way some people seem to think there is. Pathogens have different levels of virulence. The walker "virus" [or whatever it is], is blood-borne. If HIV+ blood splattered on your face, even coming into contact with the mucous membrane of your eyes, you are at pretty low risk of contracting it, compared to if you suffered a deep wound from an arrow covered in it.

Same thing with superficial cuts. You can get blood infected with a blood-borne disease on your skin, and have a very low risk of infection, even with a superficial cut. It all depends on the type and virulence of whatever the strain is.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

A+ for me.

[​IMG]

15. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

eh, I wouldn't push it. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Don't sass meh!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Still seems a little too convenient for me.

18. stumbler

stumbler New Member

Abraham got cut with a machete (I think) that had walker blood on it, a few seasons ago on the way to Alexandria, when they were pushing walkers off the bridge. I thought to myself then, why didn't he catch the virus? I'm not enjoying the show like I used to. The story line is declining in my opinion. I still watch, but these inconsistencies are starting to bug me

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Who’s Katy? :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah but...it's not...even if it seems that way...