Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie lady that Rick killed

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by undeadchick, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Bberrii

Bberrii New Member

I think that Carol found Lori and saved her by stitching her up. After all that's why she was practicing on female zombies, right? There had to be some significance to her training. Besides that would explain Loris body missing. Also, if you check back on the episode, there's a small knife on the floor that Rick found, that knife was Carols. The knife used to cut Lori open was long. Carl couldn't shoot his mom, he shot elsewhere, that's why there wasn't blood on the bullet.

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Everyone that thinks Lori is still alive must think the human body contains several gallons of blood.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it looked like the bullet was in blood though. I just can't see carol miraculously saving her.

4. yangxai

yangxai Member

Human healing and survival abilities are exaggerated in the show. Rick surviving weeks to possibly a month in the hospital bed alone, Carl running around and playing after getting shot three days prior, or that guy who had a fence pole go through his feet, yet was able to perfectly run around just a week later.

5. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Ya, I had a few issues with tonights episode.

Walker dragging a corpse , esp for no reason. the corpse was not visible when you first opened the door (which was closed when rick found it right? ) and with the bicycle lady with multiple walkers eating her, her upper half (and her pelvis) were still intact.

I don't buy that Lori lived either. and Carl not shooting his mom makes no sense. I'm sure Carl has learned his lesson about leaving a walker and not telling others (Dale's death) so i'm convinced carl shot his mom.

the talking dead is for the big time fan boys/girls out there.. they have withheld info in the past, and i'm sure they will do it again. (they can't do spoilers on there) .

Basically i'm left with 2 plausible ideas
    1) rick was hallucinating , seeing the Lori corpse as a walker , maybe Rick actually dragged the corpse too?
    2) Bad writing in this episode. which is sorta the direction i'm leaning...

I don't believe Lori is alive (nor carol at this point) . So the writers really wanted us to believe that Loris Entire corpse got eaten with out a single bone being left over ... I think that's what they want and i say crappy writing. FAIL.. first episode i've felt this way..

lol also at the same time i do think we are seeing some brilliant usage of off camera kills. Andrew was presumed dead but came back, now with Carol's death being off screen (and Lori's kill shot) Since in the past an off camera kill meant they were alive we start to jump to that conclusion .. that's good writing

unlike asking the audience to believe that a walker ate Lori ...

ALSO, while Lori was in there sceaming no walkers found them, but only After 2 alive humans ran out with a screaming baby did a walker bother to walk in there (with no stimulus?) uhm..

I'm gonna say this episode had a small chunk that was a complete writer fail!

6. dax

dax Member

I don't understand how Carol would possibly be able to save her......she was running around with nothing. Where would she suddenly get something to stitch Lori up?

7. rabscuttle1

Look at it however you want. But if you believe Lori is alive you're fooling yourself.

8. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

this. she is dead.

9. yangxai

yangxai Member

I'm not saying she's alive. I'm just saying there way too many inconsistencies there to just simply gloss over. There's something more going on here. The writers on the show have been known to give us unclear deaths then spring us with surprises later on, either they come back as alive or as a zombie. Look at Sophia, Rick, Andrew. There's a pattern here.

10. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

I would totally agree her blood loss (internal / external) and no sterlization was a death sentance.

but a few fun facts, normal adults have 4.5-5 liters of blood (1.1 gallons)

women have a bit less, but Actually for pregnant women they have up to double their normal supply. so a pregnant woman could have 2 gallons of blood, Usually a blood loss of 40% = death .

so 3 pints of blood loss will kill you (on average) and MAYBE 6 to kill a pregnant woman.

But i don't know if the 40% blood loss = death still applies to a pregant woman .. i would expect it to be a lower amount

and maybe my source is crap : http://askville.amazon.com/blood-person-lose-live/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4927243

I don't think Lori was in great health at the time of the birth (they just found the food the day before) chances are she had less blood, and blood that was more thin. I would imagine she bleed to death immediatly following the operation.

11. rabscuttle1

I don't think anything at all is going on here. Lori's dead. That's it and that's all.

12. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

For the sake of the story, Lori cannot be alive... Not with Rick going nuts and everything... Having her be alive (somehow) would just kill the entire plot.

13. rabscuttle1

With the amount of blood that was in that room no human would survive without a transfusion.

14. The Undead

The Undead New Member

All the questions were answered to this thread in The Talking Dead ep5
    The director says that the walker ate Lori and was so full and bloated he just sat down there.
    Rick realizing this went all rambo on him.
    Who says walkers can't drag bodies?
    Lori is dead, there was a collective cheer amongst many Walking Dead fans.
    Now lets move on :zombies_lol:

15. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Yes. and Gilligan yes, doesn't work with the plot.

IMO what happened was a bit of lazy writing , and since (for the most part) all of the other writing is so damn good, this one scene stands out in a plot hole kind of way, and people will try to rationalize it out , but the real answer is gonna be "weak writing"

Had Lori's body been spread eagle on the floor, blood everywhere with a hole in her forehead , and rick going crazy over her corpse, the scene would have "fit" better and not caused so many of us to have a "really? wtf is going on here?" type moment.

16. yangxai

yangxai Member

Lol maybe you are right and its just some really really bad writing and not some clues they are giving us that something else is going on.

17. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I agree. If there's no more explanation to this, I'm just going to chalk it up to weak writing. Judging by all the walkers we've seen in this show in the past, I don't think they have the mental capabilities to be dragging bodies around. The only reason that walker would drag the body would be to get it away from other walkers, and even then he probably wouldn't have been able to think that through. I guess it's just a minor error in writing.

18. Al Davis is back

Turkey will have that effect on humans.

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i KNEW lori was a turkey in disguise. or was that gir?

20. RDZ

RDZ Member

This is the zombie genre, if the writers/producers/directors want a zombie to be able to drag a ~120 lb body about ten feet and consume it, so be it, big deal, it isn't an error in writing, who makes these rules you keep suggesting exist?

Again, when a zombie pilots a helicopter in the Walking Dead or as someone else suggested even, rides along with Daryl on the back of his motorcycle, I'll know that WD has jumped the shark and I'll turn it off and never watch again. But dragging a body ten feet isn't an issue.