Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie Mother and Child

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by Zombie_Rhino, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Can anyone think of a logical scenario as to how that zombie mother and child got into that room at the shelter? I'm thinking that they both tried to seek shelter in there away from all the madness and tried to survive there. Unless it was a double suicide, one of them would have died and turned before the other - and then probably have eaten the other one so badly in that tight space that there was nothing left of them (kind of like what happened to Lori). So I guess the double suicide is only option? Any other ideas?

2. Walker Caravan

Yeah that scene was strong for me. They're always killing little girls.

I think they were there before the ZA started and were goners pretty early on.

Double suicide is one of the least tragic scenarios I came up with.

Probably something like they couldn't get out with walkers in the hall. Malnutrition/dehydration... mom goes into some kind of shock or has some kind of medical attack and dies... eats terrified daughter.

Any way I look at it though I get that "Lets just stop the world and reboot" feeling.

3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I figured that they were staying at the shelter and the Z virus just "got" them like it did so spontaneously with a majority of the population at the beginning.

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I felt that they were Mother and child abuse victims who had holed up there, just like Carol did. But those 2 couldn't deal with the violence in the real world and so couldn't survive in the violence of the new. I almost felt it was a reflection of how Carol and Sophia could have ended up. As I recall, Carol just sat and waited for Sophia to come back or be found. She was still an abused victim. Now, she's swung the other way, maybe too far at times. I think that's the core of Carol's problem. She's really not sure what kind of person she should be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zombie_Rhino

wait, do we have any examples of the Z virus just "getting" people? I am pretty sure that people need to die before they turn and that this wasn't an outbreak type scenario where they die spontaneously like you describe.

6. Zombie_Rhino

I'm with you 100%. I agree that they were mother and child of abuse who were staying there, but I'm trying to think of a scenario where they both turn to zombies in there without one turning first and tearing the other apart.

7. Bathing Anthony

It could happen when they died of starvation/dehydration around the same time and the first to die took long enough to reanimate (what did Jenner say the longest time was? I think it was quite long) for the other one to be cold enough not to be a viable food option. But how there could be so many zombies has always bugged me since I'd expect most people to be eaten entirely. When the "everyone turns" thing was revealed it became less bugging... But still

8. Zombie_Rhino

that's a good point. they may have taken quite a long time to reanimate and if they were both dehydrated and starving then they could have died right around the same time.

im a little bugged by this fact as well, but i guess you have to think that the pure numbers involved in everyone turning when they die means there will be a lot of zombies.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

lol I could have phrased that a little better. In the beginning we saw that the majority of the population apparently had been infected, then sickened, and subsequently died of this mysterious Z virus. I figured it must have been something akin to the 1918 influenza pandemic that erupted around the world. Didn't seem to have a ground zero that I could make out. So I was just suggesting that while this mother and child were staying at the shelter, they contracted this virus and died right in their rooms, probably quickly....just like with the afore mentioned RL pandemic.

Of course this particular virus was so virulent that every living person was infected but I've always thought that those with particularly healthy immune systems or maybe just the lucky ones, didn't die immediately but became carriers. But as we've learned, everyone turns now when they die.

#9 purriwinkle, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  10. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Could Mom and child have both died close in time to one another but re-animated at different rates? Say, Mom dies and kid is still alive. While Mom is lying there waiting to reanimate, kid dies. (or vice versa).

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If the daughter died first she may not have eaten too much of the mother. The walkers only eat while the body is above a certain temperature. Even the mother might not have eaten too much of the daughter, and she could still get up and walk.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Also, don't forget, sometimes it takes several hours for a walker to wake up. So if they died of dehydration, its reasonable that they may have died within hours of each other. The second one may have died before the first one woke up.

13. M3O

M3O Member

Anywhere from 3 minutes to 8 hours if I remember correctly.

14. FISH

FISH Member

They could also have died as a result of the bombing of Atlanta, perhaps were injured and like Carol knew of the shelter and headed there and died from their injuries.
    Either way i found it to be a powerful scene that immediately had me thinking of Carol and Sophia and what she may well have been thinking at the time.

15. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

If the kid died first there is no way it could consume 2-3 times its body weight quickly. Frankly, with just teeth and hands you're not going to consume even a small person whole. You can't get your jaws around a rib cage or even arms and legs, and can't bite through bone. So you'll tear some skin, maybe gut them and eat some gizzards, but the skeletal structure will still be whole.

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

The mother may have had the thought that "I can't do this" and it might have been a.............wait for it................wait.............wait a little more...........

A murder-suicide.

17. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

One could apply this logic to every single "living" zombie in the apocalypse. Unless they all died at exactly the same time, why wouldn't they have turned on each other? How would zombie hordes get started?

Of course, you realize we're trying to apply logic to the world of the ZA.

18. Zombie_Rhino

great question... how do zombie hordes get started? i think we need a scientific explanation for this. although, if a town was gassed or something like that, that might be a good start. a mass killing that didn't destroy the brain would do the trick.

19. tsahi

tsahi Member

I wouldn't go that deep into this. The creators wanted to show you, or perhaps shock you, with a mother and child who were probably taking shelter there, and turned. It doesn't matter how it became that they are both walkers now. What matters is the tragic situation, of abuse victims how became zombie epidemic victims.

20. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Murder suicide seems more likely than suicide suicide. ..