Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie Nights

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Agent, May 10, 2014.

1. Agent

Agent Member

Hello everyone! I have a question for you today, how would you like the nighttime to be in this game? I was thinking that maybe a really, really dark sky that forces you to use some kind of light to be able to see, maybe a torch or a flashlight, would add a lot to the survival aspect of it.

What do you think? How else would the night affect gameplay?

2. mark973

mark973 Member

Nightime in this game should be very dark unless there's a full moon or something. I want there to be a huge emphasis on getting your own light just to make it more realistic. It will make you use torches more sparingly in dark spaces and make you more cautious.

3. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

I want nights to be pitch black and anybody who's played Planetside 2 beta knows just how dark nights in Forgelight can be. I want to be able to get so lost in the dark that I will be actually forced to use flashlights and torches and attract some zombies in the process. Also, I think that it should generally be easier to sneak past the infected during the night than during the day. Who says zombies can see in the dark anyway?

4. Agent

Agent Member

I guess that goes with the lore, we'll have to wait and see if the zombies can smell you or hear you.

I agree with all that has been said so far, it could turn out to be a whole different game when playing on nightime.

5. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Yeah I hope it's even darker compared to PS2 since it's a survival horror game. I think flashlights will probably be essential, but batteries would be needed. I noticed that you can make out the outlines of some characters at night by a distance (judging from gameplay videos). I'm not sure if it was a result of the video's contrast or what.

6. Panda H1Z1

Panda H1Z1 New Member

Night time should be pitch black with a small effect from the moon. You'll need to carry around a source of light but be on alert as it may attract zombies or other players what will try and kill you as they can see where you are by the light you carry. Maybe with random moment of lightning what will quickly show a flash of light what will allow you to see fully around you for 1-2 seconds, also some nights there should be a full moon what will cause a little bit of extra light so it's not pitch black.

7. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

As far as I've seen from the livestreams and such, the night is going to be quite dark indeed, with torches available and all.

When I think about it, I too think that it should be pitch black. I mean, it would really force people to make torches, campfires, and such. If it was possible to go around without a lightsource, a lot of people would probably not bother getting torches/campfires/such.

Then again, it might become really hard to survive if it was more or less a guaranteed death if you don't have enough light for the entire night.

8. Panda H1Z1

Panda H1Z1 New Member

Although yes it might be really hard to survive, it would be more realistic survival and would be very interesting. Maybe there could be certain towns/buildings what would have more light than other places and if you were getting paranoid you was going to have a death in the dark then you could simply stay in an area what is more lit up.

We'll have to see what happens, will be interesting to find out.