Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie types in videogames: viral, paranormal, ...

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by jeffe, Feb 6, 2015.

1. jeffe

jeffe New Member

Happy Friday!

I was wondering if you or anyone you know has a preference in the types of zombies in the games they play. For example, it seems that zombies from a viral infection would be completely distinct from zombies that are raised through paranormal circumstances (like a demon possession or voodoo/black magic or something).

A couple of my gamer friends like the paranormal angle since you can still play without having to pause the game to puke every 5 minutes from all the gore (ok that's exaggerated but you get the point :)).

Personally I don't mind gore at all, but I think the paranormal angle lets the game artists have more creative freedom because it means biological/scientific accuracy doesn't matter as much. Games like fatal frame and clock tower come to mind, just imagine the ghost bosses as zombies :)

What do you think?