Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

zombies are not a threat anymore?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by ashza, Mar 23, 2013.

1. ashza

ashza New Member

watching and anticipation of good zombie apocalypse every week instead its bs about its not the zombies you should fear but its the people. how easy to kill zombies now? andrea was just killing them with pocket knife ? what happened to andrea shitting her pants with sight of 1 zombie in the rv?

how did governer got all those scratches and just got away from 100 zombies si casually?

if I wanna watch good action ill watch somethibg else, where the hell is zombie apocalypse and fear of zombies?

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

People adapt to thangs ya know. It's gonna be like that. Sure the first few months, you're shitting your pants, but after a while you will get used to it. Even if zombies never happen, it will always be like that.

Humans will always be the threat no matter what. Have you seen what people do in real-world disasters? This show isn't about the zombie threat. It's about the survivors, their actions and the other survivors good and bad that awaits them throughout their journey.

The zombie itself is a plot device to put these people in a situation like this. It's also something they can shoot and hit with weapons for you action junkies too.

3. melthebell

melthebell Well-Known Member

here come the trolls here come the trolls

4. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

Trolling Alert

5. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

they see us rollin' , they hatin'

6. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

lol

7. ashza

ashza New Member

true people adapt but the ending of season 2 they had zombie herds and serious threat of being unprotected. as far as I can see woodbury is guarded in few points.they had zombie gladiator fights with people screaming their heads off and no fear of zombie herds.

one minute rick and prison people are so destroyed because there is zombies in the yard. another minute 100 zombies attack governer and hes ok.

hows andrea out in the red zone with swiss knife? how dies it make sense to you?

8. Hank

Hank Member

ashza - good point. I agree. The whole central drama of survival through the constant threat of oncoming zombies has been all but removed from the story. And the show is the poorer for it.

9. dogfighter

dogfighter Member

10. ashza

ashza New Member

also how come noone in woodbury adapted ? they are totally helpless ? they are in sheer panic with sighting of one zombie? ( the last time one zombie sneaked in)

its all about fights between humans. its just not about zombies, survival and protection from zombies.

the excitement for me is gone. the clear episode was awsome except the part with stupid hitchiker didnt make sense. how does a man with loud pots hanging from him has somehow made it hottest part of zombie apocalypse and as soon as rick stops the car they get attacked by 10 zombies. just how does this stupid hitchiker survive in woods full of zombies screaming like that with no weapon?

I cant watch with no reasoning or questioning how realistic it is.

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

We've already seen how the Woodbury people would react to being faced with 'wild' zombies. They freaked out as much as Rick's group did prior to S3.

Zombies are a threat. But they're manageable in small numbers - Unless you're the Governor and you have magic villain powers.

12. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Going Apeshit in 3....2.....1......

OK! Woodbury is not adapted? No crap. These kool-aid drinking people had it too good. They were protected from the zombie since day 1 so that's why they aren't as adaptive as Rick's group is. Makes total sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will always be fights between humans. No one will get along even if zombies are in the way. The hitchhiker? What? Loud pots hanging from him? You don't know what his situation was. Maybe he was left behind and some group ditched him. I doubt he was alone like that all along. He had no weapon. It's likely he was with a group and got left behind.

Be observant. It's in the dictionary. Look it up.

13. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I thought the opening scene of the series pretty much told the story. Rick's group is a battle hardened combat group. Zombies, in manageable numbers, are not going to be a real big threat to them.

Anyone who thinks 95% of the Woodburians have had that kind of hardening, has not been watching the show.

14. Hank

Hank Member

I agree entirely, ashza. Plot problems often surface in TWD. I'm happy to generally forget about them so I can enjoy the show for its good points, but that still doesn't mean it isn't fair to raise the issues on a forum like this. But some members here seem to regard any criticism of the show as automatically being 'trolling' or suchlike. And a number seem to have great difficulty discussing anything without getting abusive, sometimes not even bothering to actually read a post properly before trashing the poster and any points made simply because some criticism of the show is noticed.

#14 Hank, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  15. Al Davis is back

I thought the hiker might have been one of the preppers who ran out of supplies. He got in the car, ran out of gas, and realized he's in a world of hurt.

I try not to think about it as I can always find holes in what they did verse what they were suppose to do. IMO it's the only show I really care about on TV, at least until the NFL starts. I hate that some scenes are not plausible as well and wish the mere survival challenges were addressed more.

16. Komodia

Komodia Member

People can get use to dangers if they are around them everyday. The thing is with the zombies, they are mindless so they are not as much as a threat compare to humans who are out to kill others. The zombies are probably no different from people who have to get use to living in areas with dangerous animals/insects/spiders etc. You learn the best proper ways not encounter them or put yourself in danger with them.

17. dcbshowstopper

You must be simple minded enough where just killing zombies is enough entertainment for you. You're going to question how realistic human vs human conflict is during an apocalypse? Really?

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Zombies are not the main threat after the beginning. They never will be again. The living are the focus. There you are. On the off chance you aren't a troll. Even more on the off chance you have the ability to think coherently.

19. Cill29

Cill29 New Member

Everyone is so mad... Am I the only one Zen around here?

20. RicksRightHand

It's pretty simple... a single zombie is disposable, a few zombies are manageable but a herd of zombies is still a real threat.
    Zombies in close quarters (i.e the prison) are still dangerous, especially when the survivor isn't prepared.

Humans are ultimately more of a threat on a single unit basis... I mean, think about it. A single zombie and chase you and try to bite you, but you can outsmart it and get away from it with ease... possibly even kill it.

Zombies can't fire guns or swing blades.