Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zzzzzz

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by Remon_uk, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

cant believe how downhill this show has become, you can easily miss three or four episodes and still understand what’s going on, that’s how bad it is. I thought I’d give it another go but my god, how low on budget it has become, throughout each episode you will be lucky to see 5 zombies. Actors making stupid decisions, everyone talking about humanity and allowing prisoners yet they where happy to slaughter people in their sleep without even trying to neogotiate. Negan was supposed to be the biggest Villian tv has ever shown yet all he does is talk, talk crap that is.

Eugene making bullets, seriously where the hell will they get gunpowder to create bullets? Or did I miss something in the pass episodes?

I seriously don’t no how some top tv shows get cancelled and yet this keeps going, I guess people just like the few zombies and Negans Bat.

#1 Remon_uk, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
  2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Sigh..

How would you have written it? In English, please.

Also, what are the other top TV shows canceled that shouldn't have been? Genuinely asking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It was in those 3 or 4 episodes you missed. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

Comparing to the two shows below
    Walking dead is on Season 8 and currently on -31.71% of viewers year to year and yet this rubbish is going on. First episode season 1 was brilliant that was the beginning of the story. But what is the middle and end to this ? As I said before it seems the writers keep doing the same thing, finding a villian that Rick hates, fight,survival, repeat, what’s the end to this story? Do you get where I’m coming from? It’s almost like a tape recorder busted, what happens when Negan dies? Oh wait another villian will show up, fight,survive, repeat, that’s why it’s gone downhill.

Breaking Bad year to year rating was up 167.80% season 5 alone (ENDED)
    Mad Men was -16.20 % at season 7 (ENDED)

#4 Remon_uk, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

Don’t think I missed much, he still making bullets.
    Negan “ I need three or four people to go around and collect bullet shells”. Any volunteers?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  6. Reina

Reina Active Member

No.

I can understand the frustration with a new villain sprouting each time one is defeated but I have a feeling Negan won't die. That's what the show is about. The people are the enemy now, not the dead.

Breaking bad wasn't canceled was it? I don't know anything about Mad Men, but I don't think it had the same amount of viewership as TWD has.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Reina

Reina Active Member

Now I might agree with you if you had used GoT's as a reference. It's not being canceled either, however.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

The show is being stretched too thin and the writing that is being used to stretch it out simply isn't very good. The AOW arc in the comics was only twelve issues long and they are trying to turn it into a 16 episode season. In the past each episode would go over about two to two and half issues a piece.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Remon_uk

Remon_uk Member

Great

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

So you reference shows that don't get cancelled, but had written endings. Doesn't prove your point at all. And Mad Men was extremely overrated. Now that was a boring show. Don Draper slept with someone different in every episode. Pete and Repete.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The bullet thing is just "Hollywood ballistics". Just like the pew pew sound a silencer makes on tv and in movies. Guns in general are rarely handled with realism on tv or movies. Eugene makes Rosita a 9mm bullet out of a .44 (or .357) casing, no primer, and no gunpowder. All because he found a smelting factory. It's unrealistic but you aren't supposed to think that deep into it.

As far as missing episodes and knowing what's going on. That might be true, but even slow episodes have character moments in them and you would miss a lot of character development.

This last episode. Ok, Daryl and group make it to Hilltop. Big whoop. But the moments in that travel go a long way to showing these characters and what they are going through. Dwight risking himself to draw the saviors away from the group. Big moment. Tara realizing that Dwight IS trying to help. Big moment. Even something as small as Daryl shutting up when he realized his yelling was scaring Judith. Big moment.

This isn't a zombie show. This isn't a show about group A fighting group B. This is a character show and they are still doing a great job at that. People get all caught up in Rick v Negan that they ignore all the amazing stuff happening around them.

• Winner x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

They had a big enough budget to create that swamp and put walkers in it. Afterwards, they emptied it, took away the tarps and things, and it was woodland again. I think some of the things they do are so impressive, we wouldn't even know the art department created them.

I guess Mr. Smarty Pants already knew how to make gunpowder. Or maybe they got the recipe out of a library.
    http://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-make-gun-powder-the-old-fashioned-way-in-less-than-30-minutes/

Tara making a stupid decision was the biggest flaw in this episode. A lot of us have talked about it, so I see your point about that. But people do make stupid decisions, so I ultimately just go with it.

Deciding whether to feed the prisoners when it would be practical for the hungry Hilltop citizens to kill them was also discussed. Maggie thought about not feeding them for a while and ultimately she couldn't live with that decision. I think she made the right decision in the end. I'm thinking some of them may join up with our side now that they have seen a group of good people.

I understand how they could plan to kill people they didn't know, but I think it makes sense that they would empathize with the prisoners after they become real people. Dean, the idiot who kept taunting them, did get himself killed, properly so. Maggie sent him to Negan in a coffin with the words, "We have 38 more. STAND DOWN," written on the coffin. So part of why she keeps them is for their potential negotiation value.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Just to add to that. The effects on the show are amazing. I think the problems people have with the effects has more to do with time than it does budget. Big budget films take a year or longer to do cgi for a 2 hour movie. This effects house isn't nearly as large as ILM or other Hollywood houses, and they have less than a year to do effects for 16 hours of show. That tight schedule and the large number of effects is going to result in some "so so" moments.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Reina

Reina Active Member

Frankly, I'm just tired of "former fans" rushing into threads and articles claiming the show is bullfarky and needs to be canceled. If you hate the show, if you can't find anything you like or find something positive, find something else, and quit being a Debbie downer for the rest of us. Why even waste your time and ruin it for others? Such a turn off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Black Panther

Black Panther Member

THANK YOU! I am sick to death of former fans going into every discussion about how TWD should be cancelled. Like bruh..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's something I never understood. There have been shows and movies I didn't like, or liked but eventually grew tired of. I stopped watching, the last thing I was going to do is run to the net and complain about it.

I mean I get it, people are upset that their favorite show is not as good as it once was. According to them. That's understandable that people would complain under those conditions. It's the "cancel the show" or "why do people still watch this garbage" stuff that I don't understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Reina

Reina Active Member

Exactly. It's so annoying. Like they are inferior to those that are still appreciating the show because their opinion is right. I quit watching Supernatural based on the same thing. I didn't enjoy it as much after they went from being ghost busters to the armageddon aspect. Did I throw a tizzy because of all those wasted years I invested in the show? No. The show still has value to others. It's a freaking fictional show, people.

Disclaimer: I'm hangry so I may not be myself right now, but the opinions and what I stated are true.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I like the former fans. I feel their pain. Dunno. I just almost always like them. :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Reina

Reina Active Member

They do provide entertainment.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think we have our next dungeon inhabitant.....;)

Oh yeah, I hear the drawbridge being lowered:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1