It hasn’t even been a week since April 14th and already users of Grand Theft Auto V for PC have reported enough bugs that the first patch is out. GTA V isn’t quite as buggy as some other notorious releases of the past few years, but it’s got a wide range of weird problems that needed fixing.
Apparently when you transferred a character from console to PC, their eyebrows could change color or some other facial feature could shrink. The game also had a low chance of crashing while using Rockstar Editor (they aren’t specific as to what caused it) or the Launcher itself would absorb a huge percentage of the CPU’s power and crash the game. The strange problem reported earlier about people with non-alphabetical characters in their names being unable to access some parts of the game has now been fixed.
Has your problem been fixed? Read Rockstar’s full patch notes below.
- Fixed an issue where the GTA V Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew