Ubisoft is preparing its latest update patch for The Division — Update 1.4. This is the version of the game that will be available to testers beginning September 26 (technical testing begins romorrow). They’ve written a blog post revealing their goals for the update and how they’re rebalancing the game, and fortunately for us, they condensed it into a TL:DR bullet point list near the end….
- We want to return The Division to feel more like a shooter, similar to the experience during the 1-30 game.
- New DPS formula on weapons has been introduced, but is a work in progress and will change over the course of the PTS.
- The damage and roles of certain weapons have been changed. Some weapons have seen a damage increase; others have had their damage lowered.
- Named weapons will not be changed in this update.
- Weapon mods will now come with one major bonus and an amount of smaller bonuses, depending on the quality of the mod.
- Damage bonuses are now additive instead of multiplicative, reducing the current spikes in damage which made the game hard to balance.
- The Firearms stat will become a much more significant source of damage output, leading to more decision making when building your character.
- Weapon talents have been rebalanced; some have been buffed, others have seen their numbers reduced.
- The identity of your gear will remain the same, even if the scale of stats and bonuses might change.
Got it? For more detailed descriptions of what awaits you, head to the blog post we’ve linked up top. The test server goes live for all PC Division players in four days; Ubisoft says they’re working on expanding server access to PS4 and XBox One players.