What’s going on in Fortnite this week? Not much, but might there be something REALLY interesting on the horizon?
You should only really notice a difference with Patch v10.31 if you’re using the mobile version of the game. There’s a new area here called the Fortnite Party Hub that lets players stay connected to their in-game friends when they aren’t playing. You can voice chat and transfer the party to the console and PC versions of the game.
What the patch may ACTUALLY be doing is laying the groundwork for something cool to be revealed later. Data miners have poked through the new patch and found items that suggest Batman could be coming to Fortnite very soon. These items include collectibles like a cape, a grappling gun and a Batarang. WB is currently trying to push September 21 as “Batman Day,” and it would make sense to make this stuff happen in the game on that day. We’ll see!
Fortnite patch notes v10.31
Weapons and Items
- Resolved an issue involving the Star Wand and AC/DC Pickaxes not doing the intended amount of damage.
- Because this issue has been resolved, these Pickaxes have been re-enabled.
- Storm Circles will no longer end at the following locations (in core and Arena modes):
- Moisty Palms
- Greasy Grove
- Tilted Town
- Retail Row
- Resolved an issue in which Ziplines could give players an unintended effect.
- Because this issue has been resolved, Ziplines have been re-enabled.
- When a player is eliminated, their damage towards the Storm Surge threshold will no longer be removed from their remaining teammates’ total.
Support-a-Creator codes can now be used for real-money offers in-game.
- More information on this will be available in a blog post later this week.
- Please note: For any Packs that contain V-Bucks, the revenue share will be applied to the Creator code that is entered when the V-Bucks from that pack are spent.
- Connect with Fortnite friends on the go so the party never stops. See who’s online, party up, and jump in-game together on any platform. (Or just voice chat!)
- Want to hang with friends in-game while you’re out and about? Now you can take the party with you! For more information, check out our FAQ here.
- This new feature allows you to you use two apps at once on supported iPads! Supported iPad models include:
- iPad Pro
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad Air 2 and later
- iPad mini 4 and later
By enabling Multitasking, all iPads will have the ability to rotate the screen orientation to enter Portrait Mode.
- If you don’t want to play in Portrait mode, enable Rotate Lock on your iPad.
From server on September 13
- Resolved an issue involving some Mission objectives not measuring progress.