0 comments

Rainbow Six Siege Delayed By Two Months

by on 08/18/2015
 

Bad news today: Ubisoft’s next Rainbow Six shooter, this one subtitled Siege, has been delayed. If there’s a silver lining, it’s that it’s only by two months. A lot of delays can hit major games for even longer.
Ubisoft said in a blog post that the delay was felt necessary due to player feedback on the beta version that they wanted to address. “Whether it’s been through playtests in our studios, the closed alpha, or recent hands-on demos at events like E3 or Gamescom, player feedback has been essential to the development of Rainbow Six Siege. Getting the game in people’s hands and listening to what they have to say helps us understand how we can improve their experience, and we’d like to thank everyone who’s taken part in the process so far.”
This IS better news than you think. It means Ubisoft does not ignore fan concerns. It means they’re unwilling to ship a broken product on the disc and “fix it” later with a million patches. And in today’s AAA development industry, that’s unfortunately rare behavior.
Ubisoft says they will be using the extra time to improve the co-op, fine-tune the weapon mechanics and make adjustments to the menu and interface. The new release date — which is worldwide — is December 1, 2015, still in time for the holidays.

Be the first to comment!
 
Leave a reply »

 

Leave a Response