Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1001 - Positively positives happen here

Discussion in 'Episode 1001 - Lines We Cross' started by Dnae, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Leave all your kudos, awwwws, love, feel goods in this thread

I have a few to offer but I cant just yet because I was weak and watched already.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Holy shit I want to talk about this episode so bad. I too watched it early, I have to pick my asshole friend up from the airport in Miami Sunday night, so I went ahead and watched it tonight.

All I'll say until the embargo is lifted....such a breath of fresh air coming off that shit storm of a FTWD season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH GAWD I am dying to talk about it too LOL

And I am laughing so much - you calling your friend an asshole because you have to pick him up from the airport. DAMN HIM. Make him drive back from the airport so that you can chat with us Sunday night!!

Too bad we cant start a "by invitation only thread"...then we could talk about non stop until Sunday

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@Chr1s I agree about it being a fresh of breath air after FTWD fiasco

To be honest even if Fear would have been at a 6 out of 10 TWD would still be head and shoulders above Fear. The writing, the direction, the writing (thank you Angela), the characters remaining true to who they are (again, thank you Angela), the acting...its just better. plain and simple. Not to mention no damn filter LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

She's baaaaack.........
    [​IMG]

Me waiting for her return......
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

after the abomination know as the last season of FtWD, I need a series with good writing again. Praying tonight's episode keeps me interested

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The Daryl and Carol scenes were some of the best parts of this episode. It's partly because they're two of the originals, but it's also because Kang has helped to revive Daryl.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I thought it was a solid episode but not without its flaws. Though the flaws are fairly easy to forgive.

That opening scene was so much fun to watch. The Medieval Walking Dead. All the great action shots with focus being given to some of the characters. I do wish we could have seen a Yumiko badass moment though.

Judith. I do love Judith. She flicks her little katana just like her momma
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of Judith. Cailey did such an amazing job upon seeing the skin mask in RJs bucket. She went from being a happy go lucky kid to in the blink of an eye having a moment of shock and fear
    [​IMG]

While still in the opening minutes I think I should give a few shout outs to Greg Nicotero and his crew. He gave us some stunning visuals in the opening minutes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And thank god we are back to having a color palette! It is so difficult at this point in time not to compare this series to the fiasco that was S5 FTWD - but I will try!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Aaron - I am so on board for badass zero f*cks to give about the bad guys Aaron. But I do hope that much care has been given that we still have our Aaron who loves his apocalypse family and takes great care of that love. I do not want Aaron to lose his heart.

I think that Aaron's questioning of "are we the bad guys" was Aaron coming to terms with his awareness that he is at the end of his rope, and his growing acceptance that he can no longer be JUST a nice guy. And it was clearly stated that he was not just talking in regard to the whisperers but more to their life in this new world. And there is a grain of truth to his thinking because no one is the villain in their own story.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I think that Aaron will prove to be a strong voice this season. Yeah, I am on board for the Aaron 2.0 version - equal parts badass, logical and loving

And did anyone else hear their heart break just a wee bit more when Michonne achingly said "I lost Rick on a bri....."

#9 Dnae, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Lydia - My heart was breaking for her. She is struggling in so many ways. Struggling to overcome the stigma of her mother as the enemy, of her once being a whisperer. Struggling to learn how to live in a community that functions in opposition to what she was taught most of her life. Struggling to learn tools (reading scene) that are just considered "normal" for most but for her they seem to be nothing more than useless.

Cassady does such amazing work. I hope that we see a great deal more from her this season.

Siddiq - The scenes of Siddiq struggling with his PTSD were done quite well in my opinion. When we see that lone spider I was immediately transported to season 9 episode 1 when he is being inundated by so many damn spiders and he tells Rick "I hate spiders". And then we see his flashback, the spider web and the spray of blood. It seems strange to call that entire scene beautiful but it was...in a strange macabre way.

And I thought that using his trauma as a way for the audience to see bits of what he experienced in that barn on that fateful night was quite clever.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Bits that made me giggle:

Luke's name for Eugene - Eugenius

Michonne's exasperating "OH MY GOD" when Eugene just kept going on and on about wanting the satellite.

Kelly's eyebrow wiggle to Connie - yeah Kelly knows, she sees it. Daryl and Connie crushing on one another

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The stare down at the end. Holy shit was that intense.

Melissa said on Talking Dead that she didn't realize Alpha was going to look like a lioness and if she had she might have played it differently. I'm glad she didn't know. The way the scene plays out is amazing. Carol just giving her the cold stare and even youth Alpha changes expressions when she sees her, Carol never changes. Doesn't blink, doesn't look angrier. Just dead cold stare.

This episode had so many great moments. Some funny, some intense. So glad the show is back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

I like that Eugene tried to take a sneak peek at Rosita breast feeding. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I wondered why she wasn't with the rest of them at Oceanside. She should have been there with Daryl. Training and a vacation would have been much more important than reading lessons at this stage. I didn't like that she was left behind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It makes sense though that they wouldn't want Lydia to be in the middle of their training for a potential fight against her mother's group.

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OH and Laura/Bar Code Neck Tattoo Savior Chick needs to remember where she came from and the chance she was offered for redemption before she is so quick to write off Lydia as the enemy simply due to association and past sins

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. BlackBird

Yes, it does, but there again, it reinforces her status as an outsider. It makes sense for her to sit out a potential fight against her old group, even though she's already been in one, when Beta's troop came after them. Let's say, it's probably for the best if she doesn't get involved in the fight against her mother's group, if it can be avoided, for several reasons. But that doesn't mean she should miss out on an important training session, because she might not have a choice but have to fight. Also, other enemy besides the Whisperers could threaten them in the future. But most importantly, this trip to Oceanside was not just about the training, but also giving the kids a vacation, a chance to see the ocean, the community, a bit of the world. Group/family bonding. So I'm sad for Lydia to have missed out on this.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is safe to say that you and I have a soft spot for Lydia

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlackBird

:) It is. I really like Lydia, and I find her situation terribly sad. I think they're doing an excellent job to show the complexity of it, and the actress is simply wonderful.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. BlackBird

Having been somewhat unsympathetic to Ezekiel in another thread, I'd like to make amends here in the Big Positive Thread by saying what a selfless fighter he still is, how far he has pushed himself yet again, to help save Oceanside from the fire. And how Jerry continues to have his back. His loyalty is also something quite beautiful.

• Like Like x 1