Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1006] Bonds - Rate the Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 1006 - Bonds' started by Dnae, Nov 9, 2019.

?

BUT did you bond with this episode???

1. 5 - Perfect. Flawless. Impeccable. Beyond reproach. (A+)

9.1%
  2. 4 - Above Average. Outstanding. Elevated. (B+)

90.9%
  3. 3 - Average. Mediocre. Middling. Smeh. (C)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2 - Below Average. Subpar. Below the mean. Yawn. (D)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Poor. Lousy. Scanty. Basically this is for the whiners who live among us (F)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OHHHHHH what is this? A new scale system? Only 5 to choose from? Makes it a tad more interesting don't you think?

Eugene bonds with a mystery woman

Dante' tries to bond with anyone who will listen - even the sick

Negan tries to bond with Beta

Rosita tries to repair her bond with Eugene

Beta attempts to assure Alpha of his bond to her

Daryl and Carol bond over tossing acorns at a can

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm rating this episode is not so clear cut for me this week.

A moment or two to ponder my rating is called for.

Ya know, because it is important ;)

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

You've made it easy for me with the 1-5 scale, @Dnae. Too much Eugene is the reproach that's bringing the score down to a solid 4 for me. I can only take the dude in small doses. :confused: Plus a few other issues. Still, on the whole, pretty good, though not quite as top notch as the last two episodes.

4. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I would add though, that what was good, was VERY good. All the Beta/Negan/Apha stuff, just incredibly good. The Carol/Daryl line, fantastic.
    Siddiq/Rosita/Coco/Eugene storyline, also very engaging. I even liked the Eugene stuff, to be frank, he was his most endearing, but it was just too damn much of it. But again, I also get why that was important. Even the somewhat eyebrow raising what's-the-point scene with Nabila, all makes sense by the end, when we get to see it as part of showing how hard it is for Eugene to properly connect to people.

Ok, I'm amending my vote to 4.5. I enjoyed the episode a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Went with a 4 because....

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Solid episode. Not my favorite of the season, but I liked it a little better than 1005. I thought they handled several different story lines with a pretty good balance. At first I thought Carol's plan was kind of stupid, and was hoping that the plan wasn't just to spot the horde, but to find something that would lead them back TO the horde...and then later in the episode they revealed it was exactly that, so everything was okay. ;)

I give it a 9.35, so on your scale it rounds up to a 5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

6,8/10 (3,4/5)

Still dislike Eugene. Still dislike Alpha (not too much of her antics this week, good thing). And why aren't the doctors sick?

The Negan scenes were fun, but not realistic enough.

The best parts were the Carol / Darryl stuff.

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

• Negan and Beta scenes were fun
    • But I preferred the ending scene with Negan and Alpha. I think Alpha has a wee crush ;)
    • Dante' continues to grow on me
    • We are getting more glimpses of what happened that fateful night from season 9
    • Carol. Carol. Carol. What the hell are you doing? Her need for revenge has taken over her ability to think clearly. I just cannot get on the team Carol bandwagon this season. She needs to take a step back and chill the f*ck out for skinny minute
    • The only thing Carol is seeing clearly is that Daryl has a crush on Connie
    • I am mildly curious about mystery radio lady, but only mildly.
    I thought it was a good episode, but I was expecting a bit more. I am going to give the episode a low 4

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In the interest of healthy criticism I will say that over the past few episodes there have been some coincidences, and I generally don't like too many of those. The whisperer's territory must be gigantic. The community's have both North and South borders that they must honor. And the community's region is huge with trips that take more than one day to travel from place to place by horse. So if they are surrounded on at least 3 sides by the Whisperer's territory, then the territory is hundreds of square miles in size, more likely thousands. Just a square that is 10 miles on a side is 100 square miles.

So, Negan walks over the border, starts saying little pigs let me in, and within seconds there are not only several Whisperers there, but also BETA! Beta was apparently standing there within 30 yards. You could make the argument that they were deliberately tracking Negan, but I don't think so. If so, he would have told Alpha the story of how Negan was with a young guy who killed a woman and child, and then Negan killed him with a rock. I think they'd want to know the story behind that lol. I think what we are actually led to believe here is that Beta just happened to be there. They could prove me wrong in dialogue later, but this seemed off to me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed the Negan and Beta scenes. It makes me laugh that Negan wants to be a whisperer but he just never. shuts. up. I don't believe for a second that Negan is going to betray the group though. He's got some sort of game in play.

Not sure how I feel yet about the Carol situation. I understand her wanting revenge for having lost another child, but it seems like she would sacrifice the whole world for it.

So what's going to happen to everyone who is sick from the tainted water? Will they all turn? Is there a cure?

I'm kind of over the whole Siddiq having PTSD story. Wouldn't virtually EVERYONE in this world have PTSD? They've all lost people in violent and horrible ways.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Out of the 6 episodes so far this season I put this one 5th. The only one behind it is the Alpha/Beta backstory one. So far I have that one last.

The Carol and Daryl scenes worked best for me. He didn't believe a thing she was saying, but was following along just to have her back. Daryl also wanted to make sure she didn't do something reckless, but he couldn't stop her from doing that. But with the current situation with the Whisperers it really doesn't matter that Carol took someone. We already know Alpha wants to destroy Hilltop and Alexandria.

I liked the initial scenes with Negan and the Whisperers but as it wore on it was a little too over the top for me. Near the end he was just walking along talking to Beta in his normal voice and the walkers weren't even paying attention.

Dante's really strange, but it's fine because it's interesting to have different personalities on the show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think we're leading up to a big reveal on that. Maybe they made Siddiq cut off everyone's heads.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Oh I hope that's not true. I like Siddiq. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Same.

Honestly other than Negan I am finding myself drawn more to the "newer" characters than the "old".

Daryl - well my like/dislike relationship with him is no secret. While his character is far better under Kang's pen I still do not LOOOVE his character. Daryl is at his most engaging, interesting when he is interacting with Connie or Lydia

Michonne - of course I love her, but honestly I have not missed here these last couple of episodes.

Carol - This is the one I am struggling with. I do not like the revenge at the cost of everyone else mentality. Granted Daryl chose to follow her on this so called mission. But when it came down to him following her across the border he laid down some pretty solid criteria that she agreed to. He trusted her. When all along it was her intention, with our without Daryl, to cross the border and capture a whisperer. She had the zip ties, she had a plan and damn anyone who tries to stop her.

But I do like Siddiq, Yumiko, Connie, Lydia, Judith. I am interested in their stories and how they will be woven into this season. And new Negan is also far more interesting than Carol, Michonne and Daryl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not the only one that is starting to give Dante a pass after last night. He seemed more tongue in cheek and it made me chuckle a little.

I am VERY intrigued with Siddiq's PTSD. I hope this actually goes somewhere shocking.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Loved it.

I loved how Negan was and will always be Negan regardless of the situation. He literally talked the entire time even amongst the walkers when he was surrounded by Whisperers during the night time walk.

Beta was so over him running his mouth.

Loved Negan's "wait a minute, was that a joke?" moment to Beta as he sets Negan up.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Shocking will be okay as long it does not shed a bad light on Siddiq - I am hoping he is around for a few seasons

And yep, I let go of my dislike for Dante' in the episode where he chats with Siddiq about his own struggle with PTSD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

It's a solid 4 for me. I loved the episode. I like Eugene and loved his scenes. Negan and Beta was pure gold and I'm really curious, what happened to Siddiq. I'm still not a fan of Rosita, at the moment she is the only character, that seriously annoys me and I do not like the love quadruple, so I hope, Eugene will at least break away from it with the new lady.
    I'm pretty sure, Carols thirst for revenge will get them in trouble soon. And I'm a bit worried, that they said, Gabriel is out scouting and we haven't seen or heard from him. I fear for his safety (I don't want the quadruple to break by any means necesarry, since I happen to like Gabe).

I miss Michonne though

• Like Like x 1
  19. walkon

walkon Active Member

I gave it a 4 because of Carol. Against all odds she saved their bacon once and just maybe she`ll do it again. If she had a bold but good plan who would believe her? They all think she's a bit "touched" over her grief. Meanwhile they are sitting on their hesitancy being taken out sick with poulted water and constant wave attacks. Maybe she's the one who let out Negan and they hatched some plan between them. I don`t know but my money's on that little lady. She's got grit.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good episode, but I did like 5 better.
    I liked the Negan/Beta interaction, but it was a little over the top for me. Too much of the ‘my d*** is bigger then your d***’ routine.

Carol pissed me off in this episode. The whole revenge thing is getting stagnant. Specially because I think she let Negan out to do the job of getting rid of Alpha.

The sickness has me baffled, and I think a lot of red shirts will die off because of it.

I give it a solid 8.5, as I know what’s in store for coming episodes. ;)

The truth is out there