Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1007] Open Your Eyes

Discussion in 'Episode 1007 - Open Your Eyes' started by Dnae, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thoughts: I know that the most obvious person they (Alpha and Beta) could be having reservations about would be Negan. BUT I am of the opinion that it is Gamma they are having reservations about.
    • Beta clearly has more than just passing reservations about Negan. He outright does not trust him
    • Alpha seems a bit smitten in her own Alpha kind of way with Negan. He knelt before her. He pledged his allegiance to her. I do not think enough has transpired between the two of them for her to see past the "stars" in her eyes just yet.
    • Beta has always seemed a bit wary of Gamma and now that Alpha has given her the task of "whisperer spy" I could see Beta's mistrust of her increasing.
    • I think that Gamma will either do or say something that sends up the red flags for Alpha and she will begin to question Gamma's loyalty.
    Synopsis: Carol pushes boundaries that make Daryl uncomfortable. Alpha and Beta have reservations about someone.

Writer: Corey Reed. Corey has written several episodes of TWD. Here is a sampling of his work:
    • 503 Four Walls and a Roof
    • 704 Service
    • 812 The Key
    • 909 Adaptation
    • 914 Scars
    I would say with those credentials this episode has the potential to be outstanding

Director: Michael Cudlitz. Previous TWD work:
    • 907 Stradivarius
    • 1004 Silence the Whispers

• Like Like x 2
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

All very promising. You're right @Dnae, the reservations could be about Gamma as well as Negan.
    I don't like the sound of Carol making Daryl uncomfortable. She really should have been straight with Daryl.

Carol is absolutely right, it's time to fight back, it's been time for a long while. But Daryl is also right, they would need to be smart about it. Taking a hostage from across the border? Hm. Did she have a witness, I wonder?

It's frustrating that Eugene hasn't been set on working out effecting methods of mass walker destruction yet. They've been taking a lot of crap from the Whisperers already, lying down. It's certainly time for action. Let's just hope Carol won't mess this up big time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@BlackBird yes, it is time to deal with the neighborhood bullies. But Carol's thirst for revenge is not the route to take. I would venture to say that Carol's drive is 70% revenge 25% love for her family and 5% good ol' fashion blood lust. She is really getting on my last damn nerve this season. She is manipulative and selfish and seems to not care too damn much about the fall out from her actions.

She needs to turn a corner and soon!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BlackBird

Well, she's not the flavour of the month with me either at the moment. I hate it when she lies to Daryl. And now she's also dragging him into shit he doesn't want to do. Not happy. But mostly, her current breakout actions just put everyone in even more danger.

There again, something needed to be done! They can’t live like this anymore!

#4 BlackBird, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Alpha and Beta both have reservation about Gamma rather than Negan. It is likely Alpha detects some non-loyalty from Gamma about getting through Aaron.

Even though Alpha is good at manipulating people, she is still a class below Negan, IMHO. Alpha is good but she is not good enough to see through Negan. But Negan can see through Alpha. I think Negan see through Beta in just one second, when he 'casually' mentioned the kneeling thing with Beta.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

This is just so interesting, isn’t it? It’s like an early Christmas present for TWD fans. Put two formidable enemies face to face and see how they fare against each other. Just for this alone it was worth keeping Negan alive.

Negan is a master manipulator indeed and usually excellent at reading people, except for the love-bonds. This is where he fails. As someone incapable of truly loving someone (an inanimate object aside) he always underestimates the power of love bonds between people. There’s still plenty for him to learn about Alpha. I agree he’s got Beta sussed.

• Winner Winner x 1