Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[1007] Rate the episode Open Your Eyes

Discussion in 'Episode 1007 - Open Your Eyes' started by Dnae, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Did the "eyes" have it?

1. 5 - Perfect!!!!! It was an EYE opening experience

40.0%
  2. 4 - Great!!!! It was easy on the EYES

20.0%
  3. 3 - Smeh, it was okay!!! - Better than a poke in the EYE with a sharp stick

40.0%
  4. 2 - Ugh!! EYE almost could not watch. It was like the blind leading the blind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Awful! - What a freakin' EYE sore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Did the EYES have it?

Or is it that beauty truly is in the eye of beholder & the ratings will be all over the place?​

Once again going with the 5/5 rating
    [​IMG]

2. naossano

naossano Member

Someone finally made himself useful. Was tired of those pesky flashback...

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I’m emotionally shredded but I thought it was a fantastic episode.
    Brilliantly written, acted and directed.
    Bravo team.
    5/5 (9.1/10, so)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlackBird

I’m sure not half as much as Siddiq was. I thought the flashbacks were done brilliantly and were absolutely crucial and necessary to the story.

#4 BlackBird, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Since I had this episode spoiled I was taken out of it during my first watch I watched it a second time able to give it the attention it deserved

This episode was so damn amazing.
    I was crushed.

That scene with Ro and Siddiq by the water was so beautifully done.

My first perfect score for the season I give this one a 5/5

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

3, I wasn't impressed with this one.

Had some good moments but too many weak ones. All setting up the MSF.

Dante being a whisperer was weak and predictable. The old cliche of the villain in disguise giving himself away was lame. I mean at least the flashback stuff is over.

And Dante clearly reports to Alpha, that's how she knew they crossed the border. So why would she need to send Gamma for info?

Carol not simply telling Lydia why she wanted her to go with her is typical Gimple. She was going to tell Lydia about her Mother lying about killing her earlier when she wanted to bring her to the cell to prove she was alive. So why not explain it this time?

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode. Not my favorite of the season, but in the top 3 or 4 probably. I saw the Siddiq thing coming but didn't see the murder coming. They are balancing multiple storylines in the same episodes well this season. I also like how they portrayed the prisoner. At first seeming like he was going to crack, and then "fuck you lady, take your jam and your taters and shove 'em. I give it a 9.27.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I'll give it a 9/10. So 4,5/5 I guess.

It was a very good episode. Some deductions for:

1) the overblown insistence on the water brought to the patients
    2) Carol not explaining to Lydia what she was agreeing to
    3) the major bug with Lydia not recognizing Dante - that guy must have been a Whisperer for a long time to have Alpha's trust like that (and Siddiq recognized him without having ever seen him clearly)

Put that aside, and it was one of the good ones. I wished we'd seen the Dante-in-a-mask flashbacks before this episode, so we would have known the character as a Whisperer, and we would have had the clues about the noises he was making (and that were triggering some of Siddiq's episodes). Still, the whole he-knew-it-but-didn't-quite-remember-it thing reminded me of some of Argento's best films, so it's a win for me.

One thing you guys and girls could explain to me: why did Siddiq say Dante was reminding him of Enid? What was their link?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I took it just to mean that Enid used to be his medical assistant, and now Dante was his assistant. So it was a natural connection to make in his mind.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlackBird

That's what he said to Rosita. But of course in the end we find out that on some deep level he must have been aware of Dante's role in the moment of Enid's death. And that was done brilliantly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't see Siddiq's death coming and it was a difficult one because after everything he survived, to go out like that was horrible. I kept thinking someone was going to come in the room and save him.

The problem I can't get around on this one though is that Lydia immediately identified the guy in the cell, but she didn't know Dante? Someone her mother trusted for such an important mission would've been known to her.

I wish we had lost Gabriel this season instead of Siddiq, who was a much more interesting character.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BlackBird

I think we are going to lose Gabriel too. And you will get the answer to your question in the Siddiq/Dante thread. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stealth

Yes, I responded to it there. Still have problems with the whole Dante situation.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

13 critics reviews on Rotten Tomatoes @ 100%

• Like Like x 2
  15. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I wept at the apparently unecessary loss of a character i have grown to love, and not just because the Avi Nash is one of the most beautiful men i have ever seen. I am angry and distraught.

I never took to dante.he was always a little too smarmy for me and to think he was around sweet baby Coco. Dayum!

Why Siddiq? Why? You were stolen from us to soon.

The emphasis on the water was a bit too obvious after the episode when the water was contanminated.

#15 Toothpick, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

17. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I really liked this episode. I was aware from a news feed headline (strangely) that there would be a "loved character" death but in the UK I watch it on a Monday night so I'm used to trying to avoid such things. Even more strangely, my awareness of that much actually enhanced the episode further for me - and I assumed it was going to be Aaron until the final moments. Glad I didn't know Dante was a Whisperer so I could "enjoy" the shock:D

• Like Like x 3
  18. Stealth

It was a real jolt. Even as Dante was strangling Siddiq I thought someone was going to intervene to save him. I really didn't expect him to go out that way.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

My naive self thought he just put him in a sleeper hold. LOL I was shocked when Talking Dead came on and said he killed him. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Stealth

That was one of the best Talking Dead episodes we've had too, with Avi and Chandler. They were both great guests.

• Agree Agree x 3