Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1011 Morning Star - Rating thread

Discussion in 'Episode 1011 - Morning Star' started by Dnae, Mar 5, 2020.

?

Well, was it a good morning or a bad morning?

1. 10 ♫♪ Oh what beautiful MORNING ♪♫ Oh what a beautiful day ♫♪

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. 9

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. 8 Plenty of STARS shining brightly

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. 5 The STARS were not exactly lining up with this episode

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. 3 Some MORNINGS its just not worth getting out of bed. This would be one such MORNING!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 More like MOURNING Star

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I will be out of pocket this weekend. The move to the new place is FINALLY happening

FSA - Fourm Service Announcement: For anyone who might be interested - AMC Premiere is having a promotion for 50% off - $59.99 $29.49 for 12 months of AMC Premiere.

Anywho....the rating options will be a bit scant of banter due to a hectic few days ahead of me and my inability to focus on any one given task

• Like Like x 1
  2. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Good luck with your move #Dnae.

3. BlackBird

[​IMG]

I have a few nitpicks. But what I loved, I loved so much that I'd say this was absolutely brilliant.

Strong resemblances/feels to GoT (Battle of Winterfell and the night before) that made me smile. I think TWD is doing it better.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It's now Saturday night and I still have not watched. I am exhausted but I think after my house is clear of helpers I am going to stop the unpacking, try to relax and watch. Your post has me intrigued

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. BlackBird

I hope your move went smoothly. Finally watching TWD will make it feel like home, right? I hope you will like it as much as I did, because this is a fantastic feeling to see the show at its best. I know you had it last week, but two in a row would be grand?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

On first watch, and let me add I was exhausted from my move, I was an emotional basket case. I have to give credit when due - "personal" feelings aside, Norman Reedus has really brought his A game this 1/2 season. Of course he has also been given interesting dialogue to work with. I cry wondering what beautiful scenes we could have been gifted if Andy would have been a benefactor of AKs writing team. I digress.

For me though, Cassady McClincy was the shining star of this episode. Good Lord that young lady could act circles around some of the best. No wonder Samantha Morton sings her praises

A 9 for me, loses a point because the opening minutes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BlackBird

Good lord, Norman and Cassady in this episode. A-game indeed.

The scene with Lydia... I’m still welling up just thinking about it. Cassady’s body language is incredible.

#7 BlackBird, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Best episode of 10B for me so far. I really liked all the character driven build-up before the battle. Only a few very minor hiccups for me. I'm going with a 9.23

• Like Like x 2
  9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of the same complaints with this episode that I have with a lot of episodes since Kang took over. Good dialogue but at the same time had a plot that moved at a snails pace. We didn't really need virtually fifty minutes of the characters just sitting around talking to each other. The Stephanie and Eugene stuff felt pretty out of place when there is a a big battle about to happen. They easily could have put the Eugene/Stephanie scenes in one of the previous episodes of 10B. And by the way it is just really silly them making it sound like an online date instead of two communities meeting each other for the first time.

And for crying out loud this isn't a Spartan army. It is just a rag tag group of survivors. Why do they have to make these guys look like they came from ancient Greece? Action definitely isn't Kang's strength.

I have a feeling this season is going to go out on a fizzle because Kang likes her dialogue sequences too much to focus on what the end of this season really needs to focus on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

A 9 for some seriously good acting and a tense script. Was leaning more toward a 10 but the Eugene stuff kept pulling me out of the moment.

Can't wait to see how they get out of this, and I think we'll be saying goodbye to a few next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I am with Dnae on virtually everything for this episode. It was really well done. LOVED the scenes between Carol and the King, and between Judith and Daryl. Daryl has really grown into his role now.

And the start of the epic battle was amazing. I hope I was right about Negan.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This was a great episode, the best of this second half for me. I loved the way they had important scenes with each of the main characters leading up to the battle. It raises the stakes and the emotional investment for the audience. It also continues to ratchet up the tension as the episode moves on. Each one of those moments too was moving in some way, even Carol and Daryl, and I've grown to dislike her.

I've stopped giving number scores because it's gotten more difficult for me after so many seasons. But this one was pretty close to perfect.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Stealth

For me Kang is far superior to Gimple. Gimple just threw us into battles like this without the same emotional investment that Kang provides. So I like the buildup.

The survivors trained to fight like this because they have limited resources. We saw them doing this previously at Oceanside. The techniques they're using were effective in ancient times, and that's what the world has regressed to. Afterall, they are now fighting a group of maniacs wearing masks of the dead. They need discipline and camaraderie to get them through it.

In the comics it was more of a meetup between two communities, but the way it's being played out on the TV side seems to be more of a personal thing between Eugene and Stephanie. It also makes me wonder if this is might be separate from the Commonwealth arc. Perhaps that's going to be tied in with Maggie's return instead.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I loved this episode. So many great character moments, some amazing visual moments. And I feel that it was the final "set up" episode for the remainder of the season. Aside from Michonne's episode of course.

It set up the final war, the internal conflicts, and things should really take off from here.

I'm thinking the next episode will be hard, lots of death. I'm expecting some named characters to die in this next one because I feel they switched them around to have the Michonne episode a "breather". Similar to how *The Well* was used as a breather episode between *The day will come* and *The cell*.

So I expect the next one and the one after Michonne's to be brutal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Absolutely. And Eugene's comic relief ("I have a date") kind of unnecessarily decreased tension. For that (and for the pine sap throw defying physics), I gave it an 8. Still a very good episode.

16. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

The acting ,though. The acting!!
    Excellent effort by cassady, norman and king zeke.
    The story was a bit slow in the first half but the last half was fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

94% so far on Rotten Tomatoes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately good reviews on rotten tomatoes isn't going to convince AMC to give this show a bigger budget so they can do more things. Only better tv ratings would do that and in that area the show is continuing to slide. They fell below the 3m mark for this episode.

Thank goodness HBO has decided to get into the zombie apocalypse business. They put money into their shows.

19. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

You summed it up for me. It was a wonderful episode and because it did raise my emotional attachment and ratcheted up my tension, I can barely breath thinking about the next episode, waiting to see who survives and who doesn’t. These Whisperers are tearing out my heart.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Stealth

I didn't even mind that they left it on a cliffhanger. Sometimes that bothers me. But it fit for the episode. In fact it's better that we saw some of the battle, rather than them just cutting it off with the group waiting for the initial attack. With all that lead up in the episode we still got some pay off. Now all hell breaks loose.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1