Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[102] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 102 - So Close, Yet So Far' started by westwingnut, Aug 30, 2015.

1. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

sorry 'Zombie Food'... and still not yet...

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think its plausible that he was healthy, but got attacked by living humans. Either random looters at the school, or a disgruntled student who took the chaos going on as an opportunity to vandalize the school and Artie walked in on him. Blood was coming from the back of Art's neck/shoulder area. He could have been stabbed. If it was a bite, then Artie must have been strong enough to get away from the walker because he wasn't eaten. But if he was that strong, he would have left the building before dying, likely, to get medical attention. I think the answer that fits the puzzle best is that he was stabbed.

3. TheTunnelRunner

Is a file cabinet-strength locker typical security for the stashes of highly regulated, powerful drugs like Oxycontin and whatever was with those syringes (I'm guessing it wasn't epinephrin or insulin) that are in the schools you've serviced? After all, kids break in all the time.

4. Neuropyramidal

Unfortunately, in some schools, yes. My cousin is a special education teacher, and some of her students are on medications [some of them regulated medications for psychiatric reasons and things like muscle spasticity, and when she gets the meds from the school nurse, they are located in a regular drawer that is sometimes not even locked. Obviously not an optimal situation, but the way the drugs were stored on the show is definitely not rare.

5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I have a hard enough time just finding some advil when I have a headache at school. :/

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yes pretty common really.

The door to the room is more secure than the cabinet as long as the key is not readily accessible,which it was in this case too.

Schools have a lot of outside access doors and each is kept in an unlatched position during the time the school is open. When closing up someone needs to go around and manually release each door individually and then close it and check that it latches.
    So it is easy to imagine that some number of doors never really get checked and there is often an easy way into schools when closed.

Always have been and always will be.

Add to that the huge number of windows and the same exact issues securing them and it is easy to see that schools are by nature not that secure when empty.

There should be a safe in any room where contraband potentially is kept but that is just not how it goes.

7. TheTunnelRunner

Wow. I stand corrected, guys.
    I'll no longer wonder why Madison's and others behavior are "off" to me and many viewers. I'll assume they've had easier access and inventory isn't very good.

8. Neuropyramidal

Cool.

9. walkon

walkon Active Member

I felt the show came in on the coattails of the TWD and it needs show me something soon to grab my interest. After two episodes of TWD I was hook, line and sinker gone, but after two episodes of FTWD I'm like.. meh. Oh, I'll watch it because of TWD but I won't be anxiously awaiting each episode. Had there been no TWD, I would have quit watching FTWD after these two episodes. I liked Tobias and kind of liked Travis. I didn't like the city or the family. Too much backtalk from the smart mouthed teens, too. I wish Nick (who I very much dislike) would change out of those pukie old man's clothes. .:zombies_lol:
    Now on the other hand. . my son loves the show.

#109 walkon, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  10. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Complaints:
    Nick is still wearing the old man clothes. Please shower and change clothes.
    Tobias doesn't just go to the grocery store for food and a knife.

Liked:
    At the end there is a shot of Matt's house with his parents car in the driveway with the trunk open, luggage still in the driveway and the front door to the house is open. So Matt got dinner delivered after turning.

11. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I have some issues with the show. I can't connect to most of the characters at the moment. The family (those teachers and the kids) aren't that interesting to me. After the first episode of TWD, I already liked Rick and wanted to know, what will happen with him/to him. It's not the same here.
    There are characters I like, but I'm not sure, if they will be around long. Matt already is dead. Apart from him, I like Tobias and the Salazars (the barber's family) - they seem to be decent.
    And I like that they tell the beginning of the outbreak. I always like those story more (my favorite zombie movie is a spanish movie called 'Rec', which tells a similar story with a little twist at the end), than the full blown zombie stories (with the exception of TWD of course :Grin:). So I keep watching and maybe the teacher family will be growing on me too. After two episodes it's hard to judge. I had some problems with Carol at the beginning of TWD too and now she is one of my favorites.
    So it's not an instant 'yay' from me, but I'm interested in the show

12. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

OK why no Season/Episode/Character threads?

When I first looked for a TWD forum to lurk with... this was the only one.

So I lurked for a few years.. and after seeing how traffic had subsided a bit, and feeling bad for some posting stalwarts here, I decided I best sign up and become a contributor.

But, now... it's a huge WTF?

Yeah sure, I know there are fancier and busier TWD world forums out there, but I like here!

How come FTWD and such isn't getting the love it deserves with forums and sub forums to carve things into proper walker carnage?

Admins, can we has respect? Thanks!

[​IMG]

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

We are not worthy.

14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Artie and Cal are dead, and Tobias left, what's the point?

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm making icons for a slightly larger section, but the amount of threads is so woefully low that any reasonable person just wouldn't bother creating anymore sections unless interest in this show picked up. We waited to see how the show rated before considering whether to give FTWD it's own section.

This episodes section is just 3 pages of threads. For some reason not many people are showing interest in this show. I've looked at some of the other walking dead forums and few people are showing interest in FTWD there also. Maybe people need more time to get interested in this show?

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I fear there has been little carnage yet and it seems that carnage is what most here are looking for?

I think it will pick up once more people watch and get hooked,at least I hope so.

17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Well, there really isn't all that much to discuss yet. They told us the first episodes were going to be slow, it only makes sense that the viewer response would be slow as well. It's like we're on the upslope of a roller coaster.

But the carnage is yet to come. Once things go all to hell there will be a lot more to discuss.

#117 westwingnut, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It would be nice if each episode had it's own "episode x" link though. The way it is now there's no real rhyme or reason for what threads go where. The initial viewership was large though, and IMO it's a good show so far. It'll probably pick up, if enough episodes are made to make it worth people's time to watch.

19. Neuropyramidal

There are entire sections on this forum that haven't had a post since April and June. 3+ pages for each episode in a single section would be a high traffic area. The other TWD forums have complete FTWD sections with high traffic. Perhaps the reason it is not as busy here is because we don't have a proper FTWD section. People see that, and they go post somewhere else. You have to build something worth coming to before you get the desired traffic, not the other way around.

#119 Neuropyramidal, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love it here, but it is definitely not as busy as it used to be. I don't know if people have gone somewhere else or just stopped posting, but there also aren't as many new members joining (and staying) as there were last off-season. I think making the FTWD section more inviting and easier to navigate may help with that.