Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

104- Rate The Damn Episode!

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Not Fade Away' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 20, 2015.

1. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Video diary sequence to open was excruciatingly bad. Didn't anybody bother to figure out the light pattern sequences? It would be easy to figure out if somebody was alive, even if Chris/Madison/Travis didn't know morse code if it was a repeating pattern.

The military leader in charge of the camp seems like some sorta reject villain from a straight to video kid's movie. Who in the hell wrote his lines? And why is everybody expecting everything to be back to normal little more than a week after the shat hit the fan? Everybody was in constant bitch mode that the military hasn't immediately regained ravaged walker infested territories or restored human services like power.

Somehow the show has managed to make the ZA collapse of society as boring as possible. Pace is still awful. Pretty much all the characters are boring and difficult to get invested into. A huge disappointment.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be easy to figure out Morse code without the internet, unless you were lucky and had a chart lying around. And there's a good chance it wasn't actually a code, but just someone trying to get attention.

3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Like I just wrote, even if they didn't know morse code, a repeating pattern is probably a sign of life. If somebody was just flashing light randomly, that is stupid on their part. It'd appear as something Travis was trying to argue early in the episode - some reflective material moving in the wind.

4. Neuropyramidal

You wrote they should have tried to figure out the pattern. I was just pointing out that would be difficult. I think Maddie already accepted that it was likely a man made signal, which was a big part of the reason she ventured outside to see what it was like out there. So she was already passed the point of thinking it was random flapping. And at the end of the episode, so was Travis.

5. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

At first I was like 'I hope it's Tobias!!'
    After the rapid gunfire and certain death, I was like " I hope it's not Tobias!!'

It would be cool to think Tobias was trying to warn Mrs C of the impending clusterphuck the military is about to unleash- that was my first thought anyway. Whoever it was, Travis essentially got them killed.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Another 8. This show is solid but not great.

7. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I'm sure it didn't, but if it had anything to do with Tobias or Morse code, I will lose my F'ing mind..

8. Neuropyramidal

Whoever it was wasn't acting very intelligently. If they were hiding from the military because they knew the truth of what they were doing, why would you signal a safe zone run by that same military? In reality an army or national guard person would probably be the most likely to see it first. They are the ones guarding the place and keeping watch on the surroundings. I would have just hightailed it out of the area, not sat around signaling.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

When I first read this I honestly thought you had typed "so she was already passed the point of thinking it was random fapping"

10. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The person doing the signaling must be injured or being held. The streets look like you could make it to the safe zone. It is possible they are not letting people into the safe zone so they are stuck at this point so they are hoping someone could help and desperate enough to risk getting caught by the military.

My rating is low about a 1.8 rally missed opportunity to do something interesting and stuck to the still lame Dr. Phil storyline. The opening video diary was awful high school drama class stuff. Maybe they will actually do something next week. We get they are a bewildered dysfunctional blended family in the middle of a plague thing captured/protected by the military with all that virtually nothing happened.

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

This episode is a 6 from me. I can appreciate it was a high quality episode, but it lacked grip from me - it started to get good in the last 10 minutes then finished just as it was about to hook me. I love the show, however I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth when it finished.

12. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree...I keep watching this because I love TWD and I want this show to be great too. But it's not.
    It feels like it has been written by 15 year olds for 15 year olds. Too many unbelievable story lines...just in this episode alone we had...
    - a nine day time jump to avoid really showing how the World collapsed
    - a totally unrealistic 9 day building of a safe zone by the military (and why there??)
    - no zombies anywhere (is this event happening on the same planet as TWD occurs?)
    - unrealistic character behaviour e.g. Travis going for a jog, the lack of reaction to the military behaviour by some at the end, a general lack of real fear being communicated by what's going on in the world etc.

Last week we had an unbelievable human riot scene over virtually nothing...much cheaper than having to actually film lots of zombies attacking people as the virus spreads, I guess. At every stage it feels like the filmmakers have gone for the cheapest possible way to show the story line. As somebody said, 9 days after the apocalypse in a major city and we've seen about 10 zombies, if that.

However, I will still keep watching for now - as I really want it to be good.

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yeah, I hate when they give us 40 mins of Suck, then 3 mins that is good and exciting, then FU, it's OVER.;-)

14. Santa

Santa Member

Is it really a walking dead show if they don't show walking dead? Yawn. Is this LA, or some rural hamlet in North Dakota?

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You have human penile detectors?:zombies_shocked:

16. Morgotha

I can see the fall of L.A. in 9 days. If you cut the power, and blocked the roads so no food could get in (24 hours a day there are trucks down the freeways to supply L.A.) when people realized (and fear would do this quickly whether it was true or not) that this was going to be permanent, that there wasn't going to be anymore food in the market, there was never going to be any power, or gasoline, and those monsters out there were never going away... L.A. would get scary in a hurry. Much faster than a small town would.

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

While I can agree in concept with what you suggest I don't think it would look anything like it does now too.
    Where did everyone go?

18. Morgotha

I agree completely. They are in the foothills though, not the flat part of the city, so maybe they just can't see the ravages of what lies beyond.. I'm hoping in the last episode of the season they are going to show a massive horde of zombies coming their way over the hilltop.

19. Neuropyramidal

The thing that doesn't quite add up is that no one inside the SZ figured it out sooner. If the military was lying, and really just executing everyone in the streets instead of transporting them, how would they not know this? Its a see-through fence, not the great wall of China. :p. Survivors would have been trying to get inside from all angles. There's be a huge commotion that could not have been mistaken for peaceful transport. This makes me wonder if perhaps they actually did start out transporting people east, and only altered their objection in the late stages of the process. Perhaps the majority of LA really is outside of LA now, and only a minority were executed.

Of course, even if this is the case, I doubt they are doing well out there. ;)