Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

137 Cover

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by Tony Davis, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG] THE WALKING DEAD #137
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    FEBRUARY 11
    32 PAGES/BW/ M
    $2.99

A future uncertain.

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

That's pretty badass lol

3. lewh

lewh Member

For some reason this is instantly one of my favourite covers! He looks so badass man! The title of the comic makes me think he might be on trial for his crimes in the most recent issue haha! Nice

4. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

That's a great colour tone.

5. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I thought he was wearing suspenders. Then I realized he wasn't, and now I think the cover is much better.

6. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

lol nice cover.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

looks as if Carl may wind up facing a "walkabout" scenario over his recent activities. The grim, isolated feel of the cover gives the impression that Carl may be alone. This could be the true coming of age story for our favorite son, and could even cement him as a wildcard in a future conflict with the whisperers.

Wouldn't it be boss if he came in to save the day after everyone else was at the mercy of some enemy? This could very well be the pivotal turnpike that leads Carl to be the leader of the future.

8. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Carl the 13 yr old turning into a villain.

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Love it. I don't even know what to say; the image says it all, really.

10. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

this is some bullshit. spent 20 minutes trying to get this cover set as my avatar and it wont let me

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

This is a hard one to figure out. Could mean anything.

Could be, "Carl is one bad mothaf*cka."

Could be "Carl has finally realized his destiny and turned to the dark side." (But, y'know. In the emperor's voice.)

Could be "Carl is facing charges, and his lawyer is Joe Pesci, and the windmill doesn't produce very much electricity, so he'll probably starve to death in the electric chair."

Could be "Some inconsiderate little shit took the last slice of pepperoni pizza, and Carl can't find anything to kill him with."

12. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've been feeling for a while now that this larger overlying Whisperers arc will run parallel to Carl's true coming of age. Where he truly transforms once an for all, into a man, more confident and resolved in his decisions and beliefs. This could be the truest of tests for our son of the apocalypse. When your backs against the wall, and you have been cast out and shunned by all who loved you; will you still fight for and defend what's right?

I definitely think that scenario would be boss; especially because the catalyst of all this for Carl, the fight with the bullies, would be perfect foreshadowing of him returning to save the day after been cast out betrayed.

The Prodigal Son Returns.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Well, despite still having a bit of "it factor", Rick just does not have what it takes to be the MF'n Grimes anymore. He is a mere "step" above Dale (Hershel on the tube) with his gimp leg, and I would bank on him being a goner if he were to get caught alone in the world at this point. Hell! If it were not for Carl, he would have been walker chow before they got to Hilltop.

This is the only time to bring another leader to the front.

14. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I thought about changing my avatar for this cover, it looks pretty awesome, but no no, Negan is just too awesome, lol.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Anyone else think he looks a little bit like a younger Dwight? With the slicked back hair and facial injury around an eye.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sweet cover. I can't wait for Carl to really become the main we've been waiting for.

17. MantisTaboganMD

God damn, that exposed eye socket is looking nasty! Great cover though. Carl MF'ing Grimes!

18. steely

steely Well-Known Member

hmmm...outstanding cover and an interesting title...

19. Cody V

Cody V Member

This definitely makes it seem like Carl is going to come under some fire for killing the dudes with the shovel. I find it hard to believe Maggie wouldn't stand up for him though....

20. ZigZagMan40

ZigZagMan40 Member

I have always thought when Negan called Carl a future serial killer that it was foreshadowing for Carl to becoming somewhat of a villain. And he needs to cover his eye ASAP that thing is gross.