Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

137 Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by BatmansHooker, Feb 10, 2015.

1. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Glenn.

Oh and what's up with still not hearing anything about Magna's group? Next issue will be back in ASZ ya think?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm sensing a major death coming up fairly shortly. Not right away, but maybe in the next 10 issues. However, to be fair, there aren't too many of our central core characters left. I think they need to start focusing more on some of the recurring characters, so that we begin to think of them as main. It seems to me the last time a new character came to be thought of that way was perhaps Jesus, who has been around for over 40 issues now.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You're right. We haven't really had a BIG death since Glenn. All of the big players, Rick, Carl, Andrea, Michonne, Jesus, Maggie, Sophia, Eugene, even Rosita and newbies like Ezekiel and Dwight are completely fine.

I don't we'll be back in ASZ in the next one. That's the cover with the supposed Whisperer's leader, so I reckon it'll be another Hilltop issue. Maybe even split between The Hilltop and Dante, the guy taken prisoner forever ago (if he's still alive). The next one after that, with the boat cover, I reckon will be back in ASZ with no Hilltop storyline.

#163 BatmansHooker, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  4. BatmansHooker

I can't imagine any of the current characters I consider main - listed above - dying. It'll happen, no doubt, but I just can't picture it.

5. BatmansHooker

Also, I forgot to talk about Magna's group.

I really think Magna will have a big role in something coming up soon. Her story has been slow so far, but it would be quite odd of Kirkman to introduce this new group, in the beginning of a brand new story after a long time-jump, only for the characters to be nothing but background characters.

There's something building, there. Maybe it ties into an upcoming major death. Someone dies, opening the door for Magna to step up. Nobody needs to die for that to happen, but in such a close-knit group it would definitely propel Magna into contributing as part of the 'inner circle.'

6. TheWalkingHorn

I know. And for a person like me (you know what I'm talkin' about), all these characters just seem to be piling up and I don't have a connection with them. Except Jesus. He's like Rick/Maggie's right hand man.

Damn, I need to reread everything after compendium two to brush up on all of these people. I swear, I have the worst memory.

7. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

We saw Magna's group in #136 tending the crops with Andrea.

[​IMG]

#167 jwcoombs, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  8. jwcoombs

I want the skinny on Siddiq. I really think he's Rosita's baby daddy. I mean; his introduction was literally based around Rosita and her secret. It's got to be him.

According to the Hacks though; hoe-bag Rosita didn't even tell Eugene who the father actually is.

9. jwcoombs

I'm not so sure Dante is still alive. Then again; it did seem the leader was kind of polite to him. It seemed the Whisperer was more interested in talking with him rather than killing him. At one point the Whisperer even asks him to quiet down so he doesn't rile the walkers. Seems a little cordial to be intending to kill him. But, if Dante is alive; that makes me think Ken may till be alive as well.

Aside from that; we could certainly find ourselves in ASZ for a little bit in #138. Issue #136 was based mainly at the Hilltop; but they managed to sneak a few ASZ pages in there.

10. jwcoombs

There's still the female villain thing as well. But, I think Magna's group may have just been an elaborate plot device to help with the time skip. Mainly to help show us how much daily life has changed at ASZ; and exhibit what things have been like, what they've accomplished and what their new goals are. It feels very similar to the beginning of Season 4 of the show. "30 Days Without an Accident" was all about showing the change; and showing the acceptance of new groups and the interview process they're developed.

11. TheWalkingHorn

Well yeah, but that wasn't anything significant. I guess I just figured there would be more to her group. Maybe we will see that down the line.

12. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Have you seen the 141 cover?
    [​IMG]

13. TheWalkingHorn

lol dramatic chipmunk is so cute!! He reminds me of my guinea pig.

Anyway, my only question is... why does Negan's left foot look so weird. It's like it can't decide if it's a left foot or a right foot.

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He's ambidextrous.

15. falconsfan1

falconsfan1 Member

Sweet statutory! Did no one ever tell Carl the golden rule? Do. Not. Stick. Your. Dick. In. Crazy.

Seriously though, Is Carl insane? Isn't he only 13/14? And the eye lick... What the **** is wrong with Kirkman?

16. jwcoombs

I had a guinea pig once, his name was Cinnamon. I left him in an exterior stairwell during the winter one year and found him frozen to death the next morning. All I remember is thinking that has got to be a terrible way to go. :(

17. jwcoombs

Hey, now; if you had a hideous eye hole wouldn't you want it to be licked too? Everyone deserves love. :p

18. zeke10

zeke10 Member

Is the whisperer on the cover of 138 the leader?

19. BatmansHooker

Don't know for sure, but we can assume so.

20. zeke10

zeke10 Member

Ah. i assumed that the dude in 133 interrogating Dante was the leader.