Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

138 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by LetsGo, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The Whisperer's didn't even outline what lands they felt were theirs. That's kind of like saying "call me" when no one has your phone number. I realize the Gregory thing was on her mind, but he was locked away. It wasn't an immediate concern now. Here we have a new group of hundreds of people, with strange motives, living in our backyards, and we just let them walk away?

I would have tried to be diplomatic about it, told them we have maps, we need to sit down and have a discussion about land boundaries. At least attempted to get to know the leader a little bit, maybe even extend the idea of an alliance, in case another evil group tried to take the surrounding land. Keep your friends close, and keep armies of mysterious nomads who wear corpses faces in place their own face, closer. I wouldn't have wanted them just walking off to become a hovering unknown again.

Anyway, Oscar is always there when an important message needs messaging.

Still no indication of what brings Rick to the waterfront next issue. I think a) it has nothing to do with the whisperers, and b)it may even be a troll cover, and we don't see any waterfront at all next issue.

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if Alpha was talking about all the land outside of hilltops walls being "theirs"

3. lewh

lewh Member

Man I loved this issue! There was just something about it that excited me for things to come. Namely Carl going on his own little path, which could in-turn lead to many different possibilities and story arcs. He looked rad on that last panel - theres gonna be some fresh ideas and content seeing one our main characters on their own for a while (if it is a while).

Also, that f*cking first panel HAH, Jesus is so ridiculously good, I hope they don't destroy his character on the show. Im so hyped that this is a 2-issue month too! And the fact next issues cover is one I've been excited about since the reveal means this is a good month for TWD.

The drop about Michonne in the start of the Letter Hacks adds to my thought that Michonne will have been on that 'recon mission' aboard the boat that will be arriving back with news after a long time.

4. Neuropyramidal

If that's the case, Maggie just made the most damning deal ever. They could no longer gather any supplies or even travel between communities. But I think they meant more of land in a certain direction and distance from the Hilltop. It just wasn't described very well.

#24 Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yeah it was left very open and uncertaint.... ah classic TWD

6. Something2Fear

All I have to say about that ending is... God damn it, Carl. lol. I understand he cares about Lydia, but if the Whisperers find out he's following them, or as they said "on their land", it could potentially start a war between the Hilltop and the Whisperers (which I guess is probably going to happen anyways. They made a point to say there's thousands of them).

Oh my god, Mohawkchonne would be amazing.

My favorite panel.

Yeah, I was curious why Maggie didn't ask what counted as their land.

#26 Something2Fear, Mar 11, 2015
  7. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I agree. It is a distance and direction. Neither group knew anything about the other until the fellow from the Hilltop went beyond the safe boundary looking for trinkets from before the Turn. I would guess if they dont go beyond the already established safe boundaries that they won't be infringing on the Whisperer's territory.

#27 surviving, Mar 11, 2015
  8. Something2Fear

Apparently the official Skybound Walking Dead Facebook page teased next issue will be a game changer, so its not out of the realm of possibility we might see a death. Its also the issue with Rick looking at a boat on the cover so it might just be referring to whatever's going on there.

9. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Mochonne

10. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Gregory was the type of kid who stole from the cookie jar and denied or while having chocolate smeared across his face and hands and crumbs surrounding him. Like seriously, when Magna called out Negan for lying, Negan owed up to it. Gregory is just a lying little bitch. Of course, this is nothing new from him, but at a bigger scale than anything he's done before.

UghI understand Carl. I really do. But I'm really worried at what might happen here. I don't think he will do anything too awful because he is likely here until the end of the comics, but yeah, I am worried about how this is going to end here. I believe he does have good intentions, but even that can still end badly. I felt bad for Sophia too.

Glad to know Lydia is a good person. I kept going back and forth, but I'm glad they they kept it up in the air until now. I'm glad that Carl is going to keep her relevant in the story.

So glad Ken and Dante are alive. I expected Dante to live, as he was given a strong introduction and is a fun character, but I never expected Ken to live, let alone having his leg taken care of.

I'm excited do see where this Whisperers story goes. They're not bad people, but they can be a massive threat, and Lydia's return to her mother was awks and says a lot about them. Maggie blew it by not talking to them more about their lands. Maybe sitting down and making maps, but I would also be a little worried about telling them about the other communities. Also, I will say that between Dawn and Deanna on the show, and Maggie and Alpha in the comics, it's cool to see a lot more female leaders in the Walking Dead.

I'm looking forward to this boat. This is going to be the start of a new volume, so I think this would be a good time to reveal that Michonne is on that boat and that boat leads to another settlement.

11. boba772

boba772 Member

I went from liking Lydia and not trusting her, to liking her and not trusting her, to liking her and not trusting her to really liking her and trusting her again. Poor girl. Did not see her being a rape victim. I trust her completely now. And poor Carl. I totally get why Carl is going after her, I felt crushed that Maggie made her go and Lydia did. I hope Lydia comes back. They did say a female would be the next baddie, so kill Alpha and her group then save Lydia and any cool people. I hope Carl saves her, maybe Rick or someone will help. Maybe he gets Michonne who is also living off the land, alone, now? ;)

Gregory got what he deserved, though I wish Paul beat him up a lot more. Starting to not like Maggie as much for some reason though. Still like her, just a little less each issue. Sophia is cooler now, and Jesus is and always will be amazing. Can't wait to read more! :D

(Just to add one last thing, #CarLydia )

12. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, the way he's drawn, I sometimes think he's 50, and other times, mid-20's.

13. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I too wanted to know where Alpha's territory was, Maggie definitely missed an opportunity. I would assume as well that the pre-existing safe zone between our four settlements would be where the groups are limited to now. If Dante was correct and there is thousands of them is it possible their territory surrounds the four communities and the whisperers knew about our survivors before the interaction?
    But Maggie was drugged up. She missed a few opportunities. I wonder if she would have just given Lydia back if she was more lucid. She could have got a more clear idea of where their territory was and even perhaps set up some kind of working relationship. Perhaps the whisperers could help with herding away walkers in exchange for bread or blacksmith work

14. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Concerning Lydia and the Whisperers. There is a defined animalistic or primal aspect to the group. The leader is named Alpha, can we start calling these guys the wolves now?

The way Lydia described sex, I wonder if it is a dominance/political thing like a pack of dogs might engage in. Perhaps Lydia was being submissive to Carl. She expected it hard and fast, try not to think about it too hard but like a dog would do? Makes me wonder if they repopulating the world like this too. The dominant male spreads his seed around as best he can?

Alpha instead of mother might be a way to protect Lydia. A challenger for the role of Alpha might hurt her daughter if they knew she meant something to her. But I thought it was cold and sad.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I'm not so much bothered about spoiling it for people that want spoilers as I am ruining the experience of reading the issue and being shocked by what happens. :p

16. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

This morning there was a new thread in the whats new section titled Carl better get his butt beat or something, I clicked it and the first thing I saw was Alpha taking off her mask. I appreciate you is what I'm trying to say here.

17. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

After reading this, I'm still none the wiser on what to think of Lydia. I still don't trust her yet.
    Gonna wait to see how she plays out. Alpha, damn!!! Def don't want to mess with her.
    My boy Carl Poppa might be biting off a lot more than he can chew by going after her. Could this be the beginnings of the cover illustration to 141? Carl coming back to release his good buddy for a bit of brutal backup?

18. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I like where your going with this

19. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

Yup, terrible timing here. There's definitely a lot more they need to know in order to be able to stick to any sort of arrangement like this.
    I imagine Rick would've atleast tried to understand the territorial boundaries, but as you say, Maggie's head wasn't in the right space, all things considered. Can't blame her given she was unconscious a minute or two before.

20. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The tag line is-
    FROM THE EDGE OF THE WORLD
    A new arc begins as our world gets even bigger.