Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

138 discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 23: Whispers Into Screams' started by LetsGo, Mar 11, 2015.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

He was a huge Anthrax fan before the Turn. Lol

2. jwcoombs

Maybe what Alpha really means by "their lands", is actually a definition that fits a little better with their beliefs and ideals as a whole.
    Since it appears the Whisperer's are all about the unending circle, the "serpent eating it's own tail"; and everything belonging to everything--it could when Alpha speaks of "their lands"; that she's actually laying claim to all of the land and property, be it urban or rural that was reclaimed by the dead when the "Turn" occurred. Almost as if she feels that due to her people's beliefs, and their way of living they have some sort of; worthier entitlement, or right to the land.

Once again; there is some bits and pieces of evidence that would seemingly support this theory as well. Those being, first--Jesus's statement in #133 that due to the vast distance between the location of Ken and Marco's original encounter with the Whisperers, and the location of Darius and Jesus's completely separate encounter--Secondly, is Dante's most recent remark about the Whisperer's forces numbering in the "thousands"(which I believe to be thousands of Whisperers, not large herds of walkers. Mainly because with Dante knowing what he knows about the Whisperer culture; I don't think he would mistake the sounds of thousands of walkers for the voices of thousands of living humans).

So, when you take all that we've seen, and those two claims into account; it becomes rather apparent that the "Whisperer Empire" is vast and sprawling-and contains a population to match it's massive amounts of land.

So it could very well be that they consider all land to be "theirs". Basically because the way they view it is that the Turn, wasn't a plague on man, or the end-of-days. They view it as evolution; just another event in time and history. They view the risen dead as a new state of "being"; and that through the realization of some "grand plan", these undead beings have completely inherited the earth in it's entirety. Since the Whisperers have chosen to join the dead, and make compromises and sacrifices in order to assimilate to a life together with the dead, alongside them; then they too inherit the earth with them--to share and reap the rewards of the land together. But, anyone who opposes the dead, fights against the new natural order will be eliminated. They will ultimately find themselves overwhelmed and overpowered by the all-encompassing vastness of the new owners of the world; and will also ultimately discover their fight to have been in vain. Because no matter how hard they resist and deny the ways of the new world; at the end of the day--they all join the ranks of the undead.

#62 jwcoombs, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  3. Mello

Mello Member

The booty has Carl Poppa doing wild things. I like this idea though.

I feel bad for Lydia after learning about the abuse, but I just can't trust her. There's just something so off about her even besides the whole eye licking thing. And of course, the bae Jesus never fails to be awesome. Jesus deserves more respect.

4. jwcoombs

Also, I think I already mentioned this earlier in the thread. But this issue completely gave away the origins of the issue #140 cover.

It's made clear in the second to last page of #138 that the cover of issue #140 is obviously depicting Maggie discovering for herself the fact that Carl has runaway from the Hilltop, after Sophia found out and quickly ran to inform Maggie of this very bad news.

You can tell; the look on Maggie's face screams--"Oh WHAT THE F*CK!?!? Where the hell did he go? He took all his things? Oh hell, I bet he's going after that damn girl! Stupid kid.....Oh god......what the HELL am I going to tell....Rick!?!?!? If he gets hurt, or worse; Rick is going to blame me...and I've seen what Rick does to people who endanger or hurt his son. Oh man, oh man, somebody go get Jesus quick and tell him to saddle up a search party noww!! He couldn't have gotten far..."

[​IMG]

#64 jwcoombs, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  5. boba772

boba772 Member

What if what Sophia found were the redneck parents waiting for him in the room, an they see Sophia, and go after her. Then she screams for help, and Maggie comes, killing the parents, thus this cover? Just a thought, that face just does not seem "Carl is gone from his room" to me.

6. jwcoombs

Well, my original theory was that Maggie is walking into a room to find the bullies dead. My original thought was that an angry Carl, upon discovering Gregory and the White Trash Family's attempt on Maggie's life would go and kill the recovering bullies.

That theory somewhat still stands; it could be that finishing off the bullies was Carl's parting gift to the Hilltop. LOL

7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I don't know… Finding out 'hero' Rick Grimes' teenage son has escaped from The Hilltop and gone to single-handedly rescue a girl from a hostile group who aren't opposed to murdering those who intrude on their space while technically under her care seems likely to cause a reaction like that to me.

8. boba772

boba772 Member

Well, I mean if he left a note that she saw and said something, then possibly. But it seems odd that she would just be shocked Carl was not there without a note or something, because he could just be somewhere else in Hilltop. I don't think Carl would tell them that he was going after the Whisperers, but he may. I am excited to see how this issue plays out!

9. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Im pretty sure if I were Carl and got my first piece, Id be carving a mask and trailing her. No way he doesnt, no freakin way.

10. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Meh

#70 mtamborra, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015