Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

161 discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by HondaS2kXD, Dec 7, 2016.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. lastcat3

I agree. I think it would have been better to put a different character in a situation like that (say Maggie or Sophia) than Carl. The audience (at least those that put thought into the story) pretty much know that Carl isn't going to be killed off so putting him in a situation like that strictly to make people worried if he is going to get killed is kind of pointless. The only valid reason I can think of from a story standpoint for putting Carl in that spot would be that it will pretty much officially make him a hero in most of the other characters eyes now.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks. I didn't think it had been mentioned but wasn't sure. So that's why Dwight reacted extra sensitively when Negan mentioned Sherry to him.

Yes, Aaron too! I was wondering if he'd die before he could get together with Jesus.

Yeah, there have been a lot of redshirt deaths already, so I imagine it can only get worse. I expect all the communities may have to come together in one location, instead of spreading themselves thin defending three or more places.

4. lastcat3

If Alexandria gets destroyed and we still don't see Oceanside then we probably never will.

5. lastcat3

It's interesting to note where they are currently in compendium 4 and that might let us know how quickly we may see some of these upcoming events. They are 18 issues currently into compendium 4. I assume the fourth arc will be about them cleaning up from the war and getting resituated (and dealing with anykind of issues that may arise with the Saviors.

I'd imagine the Ohio group will begin to play a larger presence in arc #5 and a group of them will begin traveling to wherever they are located. I'd imagine the end of Compendium 4 will play out much the same way as the end of Compendium 2 played out where the group we are following gets introduced to l larger world,

6. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

I'm sorry, I know this is a stupid, but I can't figure out if that's Eugene or Beta on the cover.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Maybe that's the secret...

Eugene IS Beta!! That's why he has issues with people looking at his face. He's been Jeckyl and Hydeing it for the last couple of years... The radio? It WAS like Rick and the phone, and now Eugene will lead them all into oblivion following the voices in his head.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I would like it if instead of a bunch of deaths (I still want to see a few), a majority of the group scatters and becomes separated. Only we don't have some miraculous reunion, we just never see certain characters again. Or at least not for a long time. Just go missing and are presumed dead. So we're left with a small group, or a couple of small groups (consisting of Rick, Carl, Maggie, Andrea, Michonne, Jesus, Eugene, Sophia, etc).

9. lastcat3

That would be good in the sense that it would allow for some heavy development to be given to particular characters and storylines. That is one drawback to having people live in three or four separate areas now is that it makes the development seem pretty choppy at times.

I think the only way they would do what you mentioned though was that if they sent certain characters to a place that we know is relatively safe (Oceanside for example) and then the book just focuses solely on the people going up to Ohio. Then when the group from Oceanside reappears they can catch us up on everything they have been doing since they were there,

10. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Well, if nothing else we are down 1 community now. Hilltop residents will have to filter down to other communities, and if there are any other settlements to fall there will be no way for the remaining communities to absorb them all--especially if The Saviors are no longer playing nice. If future covers are any indicator, we may indeed be looking at a catastrophic colony collapse that will be more than any remaining settlement could support.

It may be time to be nomads again! YAY!!!

Love this part of apocalypse tales. it is when you have less protections that the world gets most dangerous. But in all honesty, it is just a matter of securing a new place. That could be anywhere from Alaska to a block away.

11. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

This was a really, really good issue.

Love Maggie's sarcastic "Yay, we won" as Hilltop burns down around them.

Poor Negan kneeling there holding the broken "body" of Lucille and looking more lost than we've ever seen him. And man tears. Nothing more sad than man tears.

And I was not quite expecting Sherry to go all Dark Savior Overlord. Things are gonna stay interesting for a while...

12. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Okay, so I had read the digital copy, but finally picked up my physical copy today and got a chance to read Letter Hacks.

The biggest news out of there? "Here's Negan", originally scheduled for only 12 issues, is now on course to be 16 issues in total... we just got four more bonus issues, yaaaaaaaayyyy!!!!