Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1st Preview of New Series

Discussion in 'TWD3 Discussion' started by Dnae, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Time frame of release will be spring of 2020

the preview, on first watch, was underwhelming but that may be due to I was expecting actual footage. Of course that was unrealistic because I think they have just started filming.

It does seem to be set a good bit into the future so that may prove to be interesting out of the gate. Hopefully the story and characters will be engaging

https://undeadwalking.com/2019/07/29/3-big-revelations-walking-dead-spinoff/

@Neuropyramidal @Sharpie61 @Jen7 @Lindigo @Sebrebc @PepperAnn @tink @mistertrouble189 @VenomGA @lastcat3

I am not really sure who is interested in this spin off. I made a few assumptions. Let me know if you wish to be tagged in future updates

#1 Dnae, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

From the above linked article:

Longtime franchise writer Matt Negrete will set in as the series’ first showrunner, which guarantees a solid start for the fledgling show that explores the reality of growing up in the apocalypse.

With the sneak peek, here are three things that fans learned about the new show:

1. The four young protagonists know that they have grown up in a world safety but beyond the walls there is a world that they don’t know.
    2. They decide to leave so that they can learn the truth about what the world really is.
    3. No title was revealed, but the new show is coming in Spring 2020.
    The preview shows the four young characters and the concept art for their characters. The world they live in is overgrown, untouched by man, which suggests that their story takes place years after the start of the apocalypse.

• At the 0:18 mark the plane crash appears to have recently occurred and in the foreground there is a young child looking at the wreckage. Is this one of the main characters as child who survived the crash? Or perhaps happened upon the wreckage?
    • Then at 0:19 mark we see the older version of the child looking upon the wreckage years later
    • The concept art appears to be flashes of when the crash occurred and then years after the crash
    • I particularly like the piece shown at the 0:26 mark. It seems as though they are looking across an expanse of water. It appears whatever it is they have happened upon is industrial looking and possibly has some sort of power due to the what I am assuming are lights

#2 Dnae, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I laughed a little bit when reading this. Does not exactly scream confidence that Matt Negrete will be the showrunner beyond a season or two LMAO!!

4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

This sounds pretty interesting. I like the idea of way off in the future where things are over grown but society is some what starting to make a way back into the works. I hope this is stand alone being so into the future that TPTB dont try to mix this in with the other two shows

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I find myself being skeptical and cautiously quasi optimistic. I do hope that this does not end up like a CW type show. Have teens, young adults if you must but do not make them like the ZA versions of the teens in Riverdale UGH!!

I understand the probable why's of having a series with the main characters being of the under 25 crowd. The hope is to garner some of the key demo who is heavily represented in the series. Just please, oh please - make them as smart as Judith and not as dumb as your basic run of the mill CW types. And no cheese please. We have enough cheese factor over in the FTWD series.

• Agree Agree x 1