Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

1x06 "The Good Man" Complaints and Criticism

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by H5N1, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

That's the way I took it too. I think his intent was to kill Daniel, but then realized taking away the only thing precious to him would be like torturing Daniel in return. Plus, Ofelia tricked him - so it was a two-fer of sorts.

2. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

It shocked me when Ophelia was shot. I think Maddie made a good call about leaving. Time was short and the Dr. was too far gone. I hoped the Dr. would join their group from the start.

3. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I definitely took it as a "this will torture you back" type move to hurt his daughter instead of him.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Liza did say goodbye to Chris by holding him close and saying she loved him. It was in her face that that was her grieving"Goodbye."

Daniel had his hawk's eye fixed on Andy and saw a micro-movement and shouted, "NO!" which was enough to throw Andy's aim off and only hit Ofelia in the arm. I think Andy would have killed Ofelia. He had plenty of time to plan his revenge as he made his way over to where he knew he would find them. He recognized the Ford and then hid until they showed up. I don't think that shot at Ofelia was a "heat of the moment" thing.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, right. Exner was a doctor. Another good reason to have her live.

6. Lupey

Lupey Member

When Liza comes out side, there is what sounds to be Ma Deuce chatting away at the herd. If that is the case EVEN the dead listen to Ole Ma!

#26 Lupey, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  7. Jasyla

Jasyla New Member

Liza would have been putting Madison in quite a spot though had Travis not come by. It's one thing to ask her to shoot her, but to ask her to shoot her without telling anyone else? That would be quite the thing for Madison to explain to Chris and Travis.

I didn't think the soldier hated Ofelia. I think he knew that killing her would be hurt Daniel more than shooting Daniel himself.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's where I thought they were going with it when I was watching it, that Maddie would shoot Liza at her request, and everyone would think that Maddie did it to get her rival out of the way! I was saying to myself, "don't do it Maddie..." but thankfully that didn't happen.

9. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

For a city of over 3 million, LA sure didn't have many zombies walking around.

Seems legit.

10. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

isn't there a "rule" in this world that if you don't see someone die, there's a likelihood that they'll be back? i thought the scene might have left it open strategically.

11. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

I don't think so we'll be seeing Exner again. The facility was overrun, and she was alone. And even if she managed to survive and escape the facilty, there's no credible way she and our group could reunite. Exner didn't know their destination.

12. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

and yet morgan shows up four seasons later in alexandria? eh ~

sandrine holt is a good actress. doesn't seem like they would waste her, but what do i know? i suppose the same was true of liza.

13. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Actually it was two seasons, and Morgan sort of knew where Rick was (the prison) and from then on out, he followed the trail left behind, (tree markings and a map).

Same could be said about Tobias (not saying he will return for the second season or ever at all). But Maddie knew what his plan was and where he lived, so if he were to meet up with our protags, the writers have an "excuse". Same thing with Merle, after "Guts" we knew he was still alive. Altough finding him again was against the odds, it was a possible thing.

But I do agree with you that Sandrine Holt is a great actress :) And maybe she will return, things like that happen in real life too. It happened to me, a couple years back, I was on holiday. And who was in the room next to me, my ex-girlfriend whom I had broken up with 3 months prior. 1600 miles from home. So who am I to say it couldn't happen on screen :)

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Great story bit I think they call that Stalking and not Luck?

But what do I know?

15. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

thanks for the correction. i've kinda watched the show all over the map, so my sense of time and space is botched. i thought it had been longer and was more random.

but yeah, still and all, we don't know for sure she's dead. i'd like to see her come back. she was more interesting to me than some of the other survivors.

16. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I think a small part of why they didn't try harder to get her to come , she was the doctor who made the call to take their family to the "death camp." If I was Maddie , Daniel or Ophelia I wouldn't like or trust her much either , at least not enough to risk my life to convince her to run.

17. Morgotha

There is no way for Tobias to realistically meet up with them now. Strand lives no where near them, being on the coast while they are more downtown, and they left no clues as to where they were going. How would he possibly find them?

18. Morgotha

That makes sense. Liza though knew that the Dr. was really trying to help people, and anyone would be depressed having to kill a ton of hospitalized people like she did. She should have tried harder to help her, IMO.

19. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

i feel like the whole sequence could have used more urgency. they wander around slowly through the compound instead of fleeing for their lives, stopping to talk to everyone along the way. i would have liked to have seen them spend about five seconds saying "come with us...no? okay goodbye" and getting the heck outta there.

they let the other people out, but didn't warn them about the walkers outside, then they fled to find nick, so i don't think they would have / should have spent more time on a doctor they don't know and possibly can't trust.

20. Morgotha

That would make sense to me.

Travis let SOME people out, then I think he was told they didn't have time and left the others to their fate. I might be wrong about that though. What I thought was a true human-nature thing was when the people were let out they just bolted, no one stuck around to help free the others. What does that say about us?