Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[201] Monster! LIVE Reaction Thread!!

Discussion in 'Episode 201 - Monster' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 8, 2016.

1. NomNom

NomNom New Member

I hope Chris hardwick does a brief episode recap and just takes a sh*t on the table. End of talking dead episode.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I will admit to being a bit underwhelmed BUT I do think that since this season started out in an entirely new locale there needed to be some time spent in setting up this new season. Also, in season one finale we were not really left with a "oh no what is going to happen next" type place.

But yes, I do believe that it will be amped up in the coming episodes

3. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

The music was similar to the Governor's theme, so it must be an antagonist.

4. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

Underwhelmed is a good description, and I agree that there was needed setup for the rest of the season. At least they left us with some intrigue!

5. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

Nick is 19 exactly. The two yahoos are about 17 (Alicia) and 15 (Chris).

6. NomNom

NomNom New Member

My issue is that the characters make horrible decisions, many many horrible decisions. None of them are really likable, some are tolerable. I get that it is the ZA but I need some of this to be believable. Have the characters actions seem logical.

7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

At this point in time it is logical. They still barely know what's going on. They have no clue what to expect.. or how to react.

8. NomNom

NomNom New Member

agree to disagree.

and they listen to Stran because no one else knows how to drive a yacht

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

The group in the beginning of the ZA were being detained in a safe zone with the military having control of pretty much all their movements, there was no need for the group to make any decisions about survival because again the military was making these decisions for the civilians.

It is not until they leave at the end of season 1 and reach Strand's house that they are forced to make any decisions regarding the best plan of action, how to survive, etc. It has only been a few hours since leaving El Cerita (or whatever that neighborhood was called), not exactly a great deal of time to learn the ropes of surviving and thinking on your feet in the ZA

10. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I'm okay with everyone other than the two moody brats. They can even be blamed for most of the adults' shenanigans. They do have the excuse of being kids, but most people find kids irritating under normal circumstances. In the zombie apocalypse, they need to get with the program. Their teen angst is going to get someone hurt or killed.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Listening to Dave Erickson discuss the show is so different than listening to Scott Gimple discuss TWD. Erickson seems to be so serious and a bit more reserved

12. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I think they will end up getting someone killed. I think one of them will die but I hope it changes the other for the better and hopefully s/he grows up from it

13. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

He actually answers the questions.

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Oh believe me, I am not complaining! I certainly appreciate the depth in which he answers and even more so I appreciate that he does not "answer" every question with some cryptic BS. And while I like Scott Gimple, that cryptic shit is getting a bit old and worn....a new schtick is needed

15. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I like Gimple as well. Mostly in online interviews, I think any other TWD EP is better on TTD

16. jmobash

jmobash Member

I appreciate the show for what it is and it can't be compared to The Walking Dead. I don't find it to be as exciting nor am I invested in the characters yet but that's partially because we've only barely begun to see them. Their starting point is so different from TWD too, so it's necessary cut them some slack for their "stupid" actions.

"I question if anyone that's bad thinks they're bad." I LOVE STRAND AND THIS ACTOR!

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I think that is one of the reasons I really like this show...is that the tone is so different from TWD

18. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I'm obsessed with TWD TV comics and all. But I am so into fear. I love that it has a different feel and vibe. I'm interested into see how the people react and develope, who is going to break and who is going to get stronger. I wasn't into it before il saw the premiere.

19. Jay Bonansinga

I think Strand should have killed Salazar right off the bat. It would have kept everyone in line and then he would not have needed to bestow his 3 fightclub-like rules upon the rest of his crew mates. They still think it's Ok to question him. it's not. Stand needs to run his ship with an Iron fist. I believe he will torture Alicia for her infraction. I can't wait for next weeks episode. It's going to be vicious.

Thank You~Jay

20. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I will say this- I cried a bit when Liza died last season, but not for Jacqui or anyone in the first season of TWD. So long as the writing is consistent, I can see myself coming to love some of these characters. I complain but I already care about them, even the kids. I do want to see how they and the show evolve.