Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Yes it would also arguably put them all in an age bracket that more closely mirror the majority of Americans. Lets face it, a bunch of 80 yr olds don’t exactly have their finger on the pulse of the average American.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

The age limit should also apply to our elected officials too.

The truth is out there

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd say we should pass a law to that extent and remove anyone from office over a set age, we could start with something generous, like, I don't know, how about 77 years old? To assure this doesn't become an issue of a younger person trying to force out an older one, we should remove anyone else running on their ticket as well.

Man, that would work for me!

4. Morgotha

For a couple of years, I was unsure if Ginsburg had a pulse herself!

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

What a bunch of Ageists! LOL. Some older individuals have more smarts than many younger chowderheads. Ginsberg was particularly sharp up until her death. I would have bet money that she could out think many a “younger” person that we are saddled with in congress today.

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I only mention it because some of these oldsters can’t seem to step into the 21st century, and are making decisions based on a time long gone.

The truth is out there

7. purriwinkle

Unfortunately, it’s not just some oldsters who can’t step up into the 21st century. There are plenty of law makers that are positively anachronistic, who happen to be younger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Exactly. Times change. Laws have to change with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Morgotha

She probably out thinks a few in Congress now. She does NOT, however, likely out think many judges on the Supreme Court appointee short list. Ageism or no, for someone with that level of responsibility I'd like to be as sure as I can that they are functioning at their peak.

10. purriwinkle

Probably? We’re talking about the likes of Jim Jordan, Marjorie
    Taylor Green, Rand Paul for starters, LOL and yes, some Democrats as well.

As you’re well aware, Ruth Bader Ginsberg had a distinguished legal career before and during her time as a Supreme Court justice. From everything I read she was well liked and highly respected by her fellow jurists. There is no indication that her mental faculties had diminished one iota up to her time of death.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/publicinfo/press/pressreleases/pr_09-19-20

https://www.npr.org/sections/death-...h-bader-ginsburg-a-jurist-of-historic-stature

11. Morgotha

That
    I have nothing but respect for what Justice Ginsburg accomplished in her life.

I would disagree that in the last few years of her life she was the same judge she was a decade ago. Having your faculties is one thing, having the health and energy to do the job is something else.

12. purriwinkle

And you are qualified to make that judgement how? Brilliant legal minds would disagree but I’m sure you know better. :rolleyes:

13. Morgotha

I've got the same judgement as the next person. When someone is only at work half the year because of illness, and their work product is being performed by their aides, it seems pretty reasonable to conclude they aren't at the top of their game.

LOL, I only really know ONE person with a brilliant legal mind, and who knows what kind of crazy answer I'd get if I asked him, if any? In any event I don't want to find out.

14. purriwinkle

While I agree it was unfortunate that she had physical limitations and disease that kept her from from being fully present in person, there’s no indication that she wasn’t able to read the briefs and dictate or instruct her aides to relay her thoughts on a case from home or a hospital bed.

Her vast knowledge of the law, her years of experience before and while on the bench, her ability to reason and make inferences (I’m sure partly innate and the rest honed by rigorous training at law school- wasn’t it Harvard?) continued to serve her well even as she fought the infirmities that ravaged her body.

15. Morgotha

A Florida Sheriff tells it like it is. I agree with him completely, if you don't like what your actions did to the place you lived and moved, acting the same way somewhere else will have the same result.

"A Florida sheriff warned the throngs of people moving to his state not to vote “the stupid way you did up north, or you’ll get what they got.”

“We’re a special place, and there are millions and millions of people who like to come here. And quite frankly, we like to have them here,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. “So we only want to share one thing as you move in hundreds a day: Welcome to Florida, but don’t register to vote and vote the stupid way you did up north, or you’ll get what they got.”

“There’s a reason that this place is fun,” Judd continued. “There’s a reason why we have a 49-year low crime rate. And the same people that don’t think we should have an anti-rioting bill or a rioting bill are the same ones that think we ought to let more people out of prison. And where they’re doing that, as the governor and our speakers have alluded to, crime goes up, but it’s not just crime that goes up. Victimization goes up.”"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...pid-politics-with-them/ar-BB1fR7Rf?li=BBnb7Kz

16. purriwinkle

That sheriff is full of himself. The very idea that he thinks he can tell people how to vote. Florida man in action.

17. Morgotha

There's a saying that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. That's what the sheriff was saying, and it's very reasonable.

18. purriwinkle

If I had been foolish enough to retire to Florida, like many people I know, first thing I would have said to my husband was, ‘This is why I didn’t want to move down south!’ Lol. But then again, I would be living in an area of Florida that was “blue”. I would roll my eyes and vote the way I wanted to.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/miami-beach-police-clash-spring-breakers-76607692

According to the new law, these college students are rioters and I can mow them down with my car if I want to, and it would be legal.

As to people voting how they want, I'm pretty sure the Constitution guarantees that, regardless of what you or that moron sheriff think. If you don't like that, I'm sure there's some other country that cracks down on people who don't vote the way you want. North Korea or Russia are good examples. Many Middle Eastern countries too.

20. Morgotha

And I would never tell you NOT to vote the way you wanted. OTOH, if the reason you left where you were is not for the better climate, but because you didn't like the what the political policies of your state did to your neighborhood? Well, it would be kind of nuts to vote for those same policies again in your new state.