Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the PPE part of the trade deal Trump made with China?

https://www.politifact.com/factchec...-shipped-donated-personal-protective-equipme/

I would say that’s why we had a shortage of supplies.

The truth is out there

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

3. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Obama didn’t need warp speed for outbreaks that were handled better. He did start a dept to prepare us for future outbreaks. Trump eliminated it. Didn’t create his own plan and responded late. Obama might of been able to allocate some ppe. But trump definitely could have and not only didn’t but exasperated the problem when he bungled the initial outbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

5. Morgotha

Baloney. His "handling things better" for swine flu was to let it run its course and do nothing. If he would have been president during covid and done the same? Who knows how many dead there would have been?

6. Morgotha

You know, I don't think Trump did a good thing by cutting the CDC's budget, but otoh, the CDC started using their budget to do things that had nothing to do with disease control such as racism, obesity, etc. If they actually were spending money doing research on *disease* control and prevention with the money they were given for disease control and prevention I'd be more willing to take their side.

7. Morgotha

Biden's attempt to rein in Americans supporting the Chinese military might end up nabbing his own son.

"An executive order recently signed by President Joe Biden takes aim at American investors in the Chinese defense and surveillance industries, naming several companies connected to his son, Hunter Biden.

While it’s not immediately clear how the new restrictions may affect Hunter Biden, the order flagged several companies linked to Bohai Harvest RST, an investment fund he co-founded in 2013.

Hunter Biden’s ties to China’s defense industry, first reported by the Government Accountability Institute in 2018, were a major source of controversy for the Biden campaign. The administration now appears to have confirmed key facts of that reporting, adopting it as official White House policy.

The executive order, issued on June 3, bars Americans from buying and selling publicly traded stock in 59 Chinese companies linked to the PLA, including China General Nuclear and Aviation Industry Corporation of China, two companies with close ties to Bohai Harvest RST.

NBC News estimates Hunter’s stake in BHR to be worth around $4.2 million."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...der-incriminates-hunter/ar-AAMB5Pj?li=BBnb7Kz

8. purriwinkle

I blame Trump. LOL. According to the article posted by Sharpie, in early Feb. 2020 he was giving what we did have to the Chinese.

9. purriwinkle

Gotta disagree with your conclusions about the CDC. Their purpose, stated succinctly is…

As the nation's health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.

https://www.cdc.gov/about/organization/mission.htm

On their web page I think this is apropos to the argument:

• Detecting and responding to new and emerging health threats
    • Tackling the biggest health problems causing death and disability for Americans
    • Putting science and advanced technology into action to prevent disease
    • Promoting healthy and safe behaviors, communities and environment
    • Developing leaders and training the public health workforce, including disease detectives
    • Taking the health pulse of our nation

• So, IMO, obesity and inequality in medical care falls squarely within their scope of concerns.

• https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-and-covid-19.html
    • (Can’t get rid of those last three bullet symbols :rolleyes:)

10. Morgotha

There's a reason the name of the CDC is "the Centers for Disease Control". Its original purpose was to prevent and control *communicable diseases*. The mission statement you see now is the bloated "new" CDC that IMO has lost its way. I'd prefer it if they returned to doing what they were created to do: fight communicable disease!

#3210 Morgotha, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  11. Morgotha

Humanitarian aid. At the time there weren't any significant cases in the US and it didn't look like there would be any time soon. Meh, he was the one sitting in the big chair and had to decide what to do. He obviously is no lover of the Chinese government, so he must have had a real reason for sending them supplies.

12. DeadZedHead

Was the planet crawling with swine flu? No, that was a completely different animal. He didn’t let it run unchecked. It was contained. You JUST posted about Obamas use of emergency PPE to try to stave it off. trump on the other hand, told hospitals to fend for themselves, then confiscated the product hospitals ordered and distributed it without accountability including to private companies and oh yeah, sell on his campaign website. You keep blaming a man who had been out of office for three years for trumps incompetence. By that logic, you cant criticize Biden for another two and half years. Or 1.7 metric yrs.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. purriwinkle

I was going to give you the winners rating, and your post deserved it but that last part was just so funny, lol.

14. Morgotha

I don't blame Obama for his handling of the swine flu. It ended up being self-limited and all's well that ends well. We elected Obama to make that decision and he did. What I *do* blame Obama for is NOT replacing the PPE he used, as his presidency clearly taught him they were necessary.

On Trump, he left Biden with a bunch of PPE and a vaccine to deal with the concurrent pandemic. Maybe if Obama was as good of a president as Trump was and left the cupboards full instead of bare for his successor we wouldn't have had the problems we did.

15. purriwinkle

The Chinese thank Trump too.

16. Morgotha

Yeah, the first time I heard that I was really shocked! The Chinese used to say, "thank Buddha" whenever something good happened in their lives, now they say, "thank Trump". I'm sort of surprised they would elevate him to sainthood, but what can you do? ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. DeadZedHead

He left Biden with PPE but it was not distributed well. The places that needed it were and some still are shorted. You keep praising him for the vaccine as if no one else would have thought to create one. They were probably working on it before trump even admitted it was here much less a problem. Ill have to look at purrs timeline again. And you seem to forget that he spent the better part of a year saying a vaccine wasn’t even necessary but covid wasn’t a real threat. Even after he was hospitalized he was downplaying it. Its only now that he’s out of office that it is a real plague.

18. DeadZedHead

Thanks

19. Morgotha

So let me make sure I'm understanding you. You don't blame Obama for NOT leaving Trump with ppe, you blame Trump. And you don't blame Biden for not getting people ppe, you blame Trump.o_O:rolleyes:

So... no matter who is in office at the time, either before or after Trump, it's Trump's fault? That doesn't sound very objective to me.

20. DeadZedHead

Not quite. I don’t blame Obama for using our Emergengcy supply on Emergencies. I believe he did attempt to prepare for a future pandemic by creating an entire dept to investigate and guide us on potential threats. I DO wish they had encouraged Obama to restock PPE. But Obama CLEARLY took a huge stride towards protecting us. trump had three yrs and did nothing. He not only didn’t resupply that shortage and not only ignored the advice given but DISMANTLED that dept. HE politicized and grifted the distribution of what he was able to accrue and ostracized the people USING it. I dont blame Biden for not restocking in the MIDDLE of the pandemic. Make no mistake, this isnt the tail end. We are in the middle because trump politicized basic health and safety.