Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

2020 election AKA The Biden Thread

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That's one way of looking at it. Another is to say that the caucus process gives a chance for candidates who are actually supported by a group of real people to have a shot, whereas the general process just supports those with the backing of Big Money going in. Personally, I don't mind putting up with a few Marjorie Taylor Greenes if it means that everyone elected won't just be a rubber stamp for Soros, etc.

2. Morgotha

A serious blow to Russia:

"
    A Russian warship that was damaged by an explosion on Wednesday has sunk, Russia's defence ministry has said.

Moskva, the flagship of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, was being towed to port when "stormy seas" caused it to sink, according to a ministry message.

The 510-crew missile cruiser was a symbol of Russia's military power, leading its naval assault on Ukraine.

Kyiv says its missiles hit the warship. Moscow has not reported any attack - it says the vessel sank after a fire.

The blaze caused the explosion of the warship's ammunition, Russia says, adding that the entire crew were later evacuated to nearby Russian vessels in the Black Sea.

"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61114843

3. Morgotha

4. Morgotha

5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lol. This is a total BS piece. They already know the answers to these because they say the same thing every time. I believe like most of these events proof of vaccination is required and often a negative test as well. So no masks required. People at these events don’t show up in overalls. Its a formal event. Rich people show up. Thats not elitist. Republicans aren’t throwing galas for the guys working at McDonalds either. The person primping her happened to be black, ok. Did she talk down to him or disrespect him in some way? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Morgotha

You need to put this in context. Here you have Hillary dressed up like a Southern Gentlewoman with a black man in a mask bowing down to adjust the train of her dress while she flashes a "white power" sign to her followers? Seriously, look at that knowing/leering expression on her face. It's just despicable. What's even worse than how blatant she's being is how the mainstream media is *covering* for her. Left-wing voters think that people like Hillary are on their side, but don't realize that people like Hillary are actually fascist agents of the far right trying to undo everything they believe in.

I know alt-right nuts like Hillary can be a pain, but you need to educate yourself to the way they are making loud public statements all while sneaking around under the radar. And in case you weren't aware, since 2019 the ADL has listed the "ok" sign that you see being performed in public by Hillary as a symbol of *hate*.

"
    The "OK" hand gesture, commonly seen as a way of indicating that all is well, has now been classified as something else: a symbol of hate.

On Thursday, the Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish civil rights organization, added 36 symbols to its "Hate on Display" database including the index finger-to-thumb sign that in some corners of the Internet has become associated with white supremacy and the far right."

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/26/764728163/the-ok-hand-gesture-is-now-listed-as-a-symbol-of-hate

#3966 Morgotha, May 4, 2022
    Last edited: May 4, 2022
  7. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

Lol. I see what you did there. But I’m not familiar with the author. Is it meant to be satire? It read straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Morgotha

Who can tell anymore?

9. Morgotha

Rep. Tlaib (and Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., Cori Bush, D-Mo., Jamaal Bowman, D-N.Y., Marie Newman, D-Ill., and Betty McCollum, D-Min) have just submitted a resolution to the House of Representatives asking for them to recognize the formation of the state of Israel as the "Nakba", or catastrophe.

Yep, antisemitism on display in Congress. I wonder how many high schoolers they're influencing with their hate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tlaib-squad-resolution-israel-catastrophe

10. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

#3970 purriwinkle, May 17, 2022
    Last edited: May 17, 2022
  11. Morgotha

So you think that of the high schoolers that Tlaib et. al. influenced to become racists 1/2 will become left-wing racists and 1/2 will go on to elect Republicans? I guess that could be true, but don't see any reason why it would be so.o_O

More seriously than the above, you have to show me what she said that was racist before I'd call her, or anyone else, a racist. What I see she's said is on this "great replacement" thing is,

"Stefanik's Facebook ads, which prompted a scathing editorial in her hometown newspaper, accused "radical Democrats" of planning what she called a "PERMANENT ELECTION INSURRECTION" and said their plan to "grant amnesty to 11 MILLION illegal immigrants will overthrow our current electorate and create a permanent liberal majority in Washington."

in which she basically accuses the Dems of allowing in millions of people they think are likely to become Democrats and vote that way in order to win elections. It doesn't say anything about race. That isn't *racist*, that's politics, and "yes", going back 20 years I can remember leading Dems crowing that because of population shifts they were going to be a permanent majority and would make the Republican party irrelevant. So, her opinion of what the Dems are doing now might be based on what the Dems were claiming about themselves in the past, so I don't see "racism" here. Has she said or done anything that's actually *racist*?

The left has been swinging the charge of racism like a hammer for years now, and we shouldn't enable them in destroying someone's career without good reason.

#3971 Morgotha, May 18, 2022
    Last edited: May 18, 2022
  12. purriwinkle

pfft….the Great Replacement theory can be shaded in many ways but it still gives the message that one group is being deliberated replaced by another and will lose their position of power if no action is taken by the effected group.

About dear Elsie. She’s only an elected official that can be voted out as well as in. She has to own her own messaging and will see what the electorate thinks at the polls.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc...replacement-theory-ideas-shamelessly-n1295465

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ik-great-replacement-buffalo-shooter-1354054/

13. Morgotha

But that's exactly what the Dems themselves were saying was happening years ago, and they were proud of it. How come Dems can be proud of displacing Republicans, but if Republicans point out what they are doing they are racists? That doesn't sound right.

14. purriwinkle

The problem as I see it is her blaming immigrants for the so called “displacement” which is highly questionable as many Hispanic (should we refer to those who are coming in south of the border as Hispanic?) peoples, for instance, actually vote Republican as we can see in Florida. Why paint broad strokes but maybe Elsie’s a populist…..;)

15. Morgotha

I think the reasoning goes that these newcomers will realize they were let in to the country by Biden and the Dems, and will repay that by voting Dem. I agree that for Hispanics already here, more and more are voting Repub as they don't like paying for handouts to non-citizens any more than any other *taxpaying* US citizen does.

I really do NOT see her pov here as "racist", though. I'm sure she'd rail against *anyone* who made it look like she wouldn't get re-elected, whether they were white, black, or Martian.

16. Morgotha

So here's a hoot. Less than 1 month ago Biden told the world that higher gas prices now were an expected part of the transition to his "green" transition. Oops, people didn't like it. Now, 3 weeks later, he's blaming the oil companies for the high prices and threatening to use executive action to force them to produce more oil, as well as kissing up to the Saudis after previously calling them the problem as well.

Dementia Joe really has Bidened up our energy situation in a big way.

From FORBES, May 24th, 2022.
    "
    President Joe Biden took some heat on Monday for saying the quiet part of the energy transition out loud. At a press conference following a meeting in Japan with Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, the President seemed to frankly admit that high gasoline and diesel prices are just part of the overall plan for the transition to renewables.

“[When] it comes to the gas prices, we’re going through an incredible transition that is taking place that, God willing, when it’s over, we’ll be stronger and the world will be stronger and less reliant on fossil fuels when this is over,” Biden said. It was a mistake since, although running prices for fossil fuel-generated energy higher has always been part of the plan for Biden’s Green New Deal energy policies, admitting it aloud in public was not supposed to be part of the messaging.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidb...e-energy-transition-out-loud/?sh=f64ebfb53060

and from today:

"There is no question that Vladimir Putin is principally responsible for the intense financial pain the American people and their families are bearing," Biden wrote. "But amid a war that has raised gasoline prices more than $1.70 per gallon, historically high refinery profit margins are worsening that pain."

"Your companies and others have an opportunity to take immediate actions to increase the supply of gasoline, diesel and other refined product you are producing," he continued. "My administration is prepared to use all reasonable and appropriate Federal Government tools and emergency authorities to increase refinery capacity and output in the near term, and to ensure that every region of this country is appropriately supplied."
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-threatens-oil-companies-emergency-powers-supply-inflation

and for those doubters who won't believe that Biden is anti-oil companies, Biden SAID he was on the campaign trail (from 2020)

""No more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry. No more drilling including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill period. It ends."
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1501202578033438720

#3976 Morgotha, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  17. Morgotha

You know America is in bad shape when even Dems start saying if they could vote over again, they'd vote for Trump over Biden. Way to wreck the country, Brandon.

"
    As inflation keeps rising and recession fears loom, a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that Joe Biden is currently in the worst shape of his presidency.

The survey of 1,541 U.S. adults, which was conducted from June 10-13, found that if another presidential election were held today, more registered voters say they would cast ballots for Donald Trump (44%) than for Biden (42%) — even though the House Jan. 6 committee has spent the last week linking Trump to what it called a “seditious conspiracy” to overturn the 2020 election and laying the groundwork for possible criminal prosecution. "
    Among all Americans, Trump (43%) now has a higher personal favorability rating than Biden (40%) as well. Meanwhile, nearly two-thirds of independents (64%) have an unfavorable opinion of Biden, and just 28% say they would vote for him over Trump.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ey-would-vote-for-trump/ar-AAYzSjw?li=BBnb7Kz

18. Morgotha

The Supreme Court has overturned Roe v Wade today. Perhaps now Congress will get off its collective duff and pass a law on Abortion like they should have done 50 years ago.

"
    The Supreme Court on Friday overturned Roe v. Wade, effectively ending recognition of a constitutional right to abortion and giving individual states the power to allow, limit, or ban the practice altogether.

The ruling came in the court's opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which centered on a Mississippi law that banned abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy. The Republican-led state of Mississippi asked the Supreme Court to strike down a lower court ruling that stopped the 15-week abortion ban from taking place.

"We end this opinion where we began. Abortion presents a profound moral question. The Constitution does not prohibit the citizens of each State from regulating or prohibiting abortion. Roe and Casey arrogated that authority. We now overrule those decisions and return that authority to the people and their elected representatives," Justice Samuel Alito wrote in the court's opinion."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/su...de-dobbs-v-jackson-womens-health-organization

19. Morgotha

20. Morgotha